Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what makes a dope mc

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killafifth View Post
    lilwayne is not suppose to be in the top 5 or ten he is luke warm he has some skill but thats it what has he brought to the table original wise nothing but the same lame ass subject matter as everyone else and the boy spits sloppy ass freestyles .... (now they wanna leave when you say you outta mustard)that shit is bullshit my butta leather so soft thats on some faggie shit and now hes a blood since its trendy plus he calls himself young carter come on people hes not even his own man he is a fucken follower back in the day they called that dick rideding /lick off a shot you no dick ridedah !!!!! he is most improved @ best he cant even fuck with free murder hahahahaha
    leave these little kids alone man lol - let them have their heroes - they haven't experienced the real shit to know the real shit

Red face hahahahahaha

still on jays dick jay free styles so he said thats what he will do everything isnt for everybody besides that my typeing is sloppy yes i know this its my lilwayne style hahahahahaha as far as him being the new icon thats evident that just goes to show me that industry devils are doing there job for the new world order to the fullest proving that the more ignorent you are the more likely you are to sell your soul gain fame and fuck hiphop up from the inside out

Thumbs down peace GOD

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    leave these little kids alone man lol - let them have their heroes - they haven't experienced the real shit to know the real shit
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH i feel you it just fucks me up that these cats be loven these weak ass devils who help enslave the poor and be liven all lavish they escape the hood and laugh at the ones still in it but to make money they use the hood as a tool to get rich lil doo doo mouth ass niggas spitten unhealthy shit fucken the youth up .........mannnnnnn.... whew!!.... money isnt every fucken thing besides the fact that the boy is the total image of a nigga the way that the indusrty wants him to look tatooes on his face he can do that shit cause he can afford to but the yougens in the hood cant they wont ever get a propper job if they think that they can look like that and get fucked all day like there favorite dumb ass rapper listen GoD THIS IS WHY i fuck with the wu cause they stand for mind elevation they build they add on they are for something much greater i know dudes man that after listnen to the 36 chamber album it made them seek knowledge lil wayne makes niggas seek e pillz niggas complain about the wu and rza but never forget they are the ones who set the tone for dam near all these niggas in the industry just listen to just blaze we know who these niggas got there style from (fuck baby fuck lil wayne fuck all them materialistic non rappen ass niggas who think they nice how does a nigga know he nice when he is surrounded by a bunch of wack niggas hahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by killafifth; 06-30-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: haste

HAHAHAHAHAHAH i feel you it just fucks me up that these cats be loven these weak ass devils who help enslave the poor and be liven all lavish they escape the hood and laugh at the ones still in it but to make money they use the hood as a tool to get rich lil doo doo mouth ass niggas spitten unhealthy shit fucken the youth up .........mannnnnnn.... whew!!.... money isnt every fucken thing besides the fact that the boy is the total image of a nigga the way that the indusrty wants him to look tatooes on his face he can do that shit cause he can afford to but the yougens in the hood cant they wont ever get a propper job if they think that they can look like that and get fucked all day like there favorite dumb ass rapper listen GoD THIS IS WHY i fuck with the wu cause they stand for mind elevation they build they add on they are for something much greater i know dudes man that after listnen to the 36 chamber album it made them seek knowledge lil wayne makes niggas seek e pillz niggas complain about the wu and rza but never forget they are the ones who set the tone for dam near all these niggas in the industry just listen to just blaze we know who these niggas got there style from (fuck baby fuck lil wayne fuck all them materialistic non rappen ass niggas who think they nice how does a nigga know he nice when he is surrounded by a bunch of wack niggas hahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!
    babies crawl around, drool, vomit, shit on they selves, and cry allot - then they stand up, walk then run - this is what we are hearing and feeling - its a different vibration - we don't vibrate on the same level because we are already set - they set their image off of what they thought we were saying and the things we said that stood out the most to them - the foundation seen Run Dmc and EPMD the same way

- KRS had to prove himself - the older niggas on the block used to tell me how wack LL and Run Was and that if you rhymed like EPMD, you'd get fucked up - but to me, RunDMC, EPMD was heroes cause they concentrated the beats we were used to hearing in the parks and rocked off of raw breaks while the older niggas was wearing tight leather pants and rocking off of punk rock bullshit beats - (edit)

things change man - and we usually don't or can't change with the times - from the beginning i said that wayne and turk was good - the first time i heard them i knew they had potential - but things went backwards for some reason - perhaps it was to dummy down the power of Hip Hop -

Red face I feel you GOD

babies crawl around, drool, vomit, shit on they selves, and cry allot - then they stand up, walk then run - this is what we are hearing and feeling - its a different vibration - we don't vibrate on the same level because we are already set - they set their image off of what they thought we were saying and the things we said that stood out the most to them - the foundation seen Run Dmc and EPMD the same way

- KRS had to prove himself - the older niggas on the block used to tell me how wack LL and Run Was and that if you rhymed like EPMD, you'd get fucked up - but to me, RunDMC, EPMD was heroes cause they concentrated the beats we were used to hearing in the parks and rocked off of raw breaks while the older niggas was wearing tight leather pants and rocking off of punk rock bullshit beats - (edit)

things change man - and we usually don't or can't change with the times - from the beginning i said that wayne and turk was good - the first time i heard them i knew they had potential - but things went backwards for some reason - perhaps it was to dummy down the power of Hip Hop -
    You know as well as I do that hiphop is very powerful entertainment and educational wise the powers that be saw how hiphop made us as a collective unite with black pride and power the hood had some type of morality hiphop had a code the powers that be saw that shit we wore black medalions we were proud of our race our women were treated in a whole other fashion our hidden masters decipherd the code of hiphop and changed the vibration but of cousrse this could not have been possiable with out a trader or traders from amongst us hiphop has been raiseing the youth for a looooooonnnnnng time so instead of attacken hiphop the delored tucker way they said hey lets let them self destruct they knew the more the attacked us the stronger we would become but if we attacked our selves we would surely weaken and that's where we are now besides the fact to add insult to injury they tryed to put an age limit on hiphop like its just a teenager thing like you haven't grown up if your 40 years old
    Still doing this type of music all of these years of success beating the odds and help fuse music together and yet and still they want us destroyed if they destroy us they look bad if we destroy us they are heros so who are the hit men for hire to help dumb the people down and give them a reason to keep saying that hiphop needs a speacial task force because its to dagerous we'll I'm sure we all know who the niggas are that work for my arch nemasis MR IGNORrents are we are dealing with spiritual wickedness in high places hiphop used to heal now she is to depressed to violent and her conversation is stagnated

You know as well as I do that hiphop is very powerful entertainment and educational wise the powers that be saw how hiphop made us as a collective unite with black pride and power the hood had some type of morality hiphop had a code the powers that be saw that shit we wore black medalions we were proud of our race our women were treated in a whole other fashion our hidden masters decipherd the code of hiphop and changed the vibration but of cousrse this could not have been possiable with out a trader or traders from amongst us hiphop has been raiseing the youth for a looooooonnnnnng time so instead of attacken hiphop the delored tucker way they said hey lets let them self destruct they knew the more the attacked us the stronger we would become but if we attacked our selves we would surely weaken and that's where we are now besides the fact to add insult to injury they tryed to put an age limit on hiphop like its just a teenager thing like you haven't grown up if your 40 years old
    Still doing this type of music all of these years of success beating the odds and help fuse music together and yet and still they want us destroyed if they destroy us they look bad if we destroy us they are heros so who are the hit men for hire to help dumb the people down and give them a reason to keep saying that hiphop needs a speacial task force because its to dagerous we'll I'm sure we all know who the niggas are that work for my arch nemasis MR IGNORrents are we are dealing with spiritual wickedness in high places hiphop used to heal now she is to depressed to violent and her conversation is stagnated
    what we are seeing is a costume (a thick one) and mask put over the music Hip Hop expresses -

back in the 80's they took away our instruments - they couldn't have another E.W.& F, JB's,Ohio Players,Kool And The Gang on their hands - bands were getting militant and expressing some serious sounds in the 70's - they took our instruments away - so we started to use records - the old folks was like "what the hell are yall doing ?" - our sound was wopped - gritty - raw - just like a baby fresh out the womb - ugly - until Whodini came out - then they began to understand where were taking it -
    when PE,X-Clan,BDP,Kane etc....started beating up babylon with beats and lyrics, white american society got scared -

they had to dumb down the drums and change the focus and subject - so here comes Ice T with "lets get butt naked and fuck" and his "i'm a pimp,and a hustler, with a perm" image then NWA came out shootin hoes in the back with ak-47's - the rhyme styles was off - the beats were generic done over beats that allot of the MC's of the golden era already done killed - shortly after, they used a NY based group called ONYX to top off the madness - which we all was feeling - a little too much - to the point where niggas was really getting robbed and killed off of throw ya guns alone -

i honestly believe that BDP set the tone for all the gangster madness - "i don't battle with rhymes, i battle with guns" - the west coast ate that shit up - and everyone was always trying to out do NY - and one of the main ways they did this, was to top us in crime level - their murder rate had to be higher than ours -

it'll all come back around again - i'm just now, this year beginning to understand the new beat format and appreciate where its going - it'll change into a higher form in a few years after these lils and youngs scrape they knees a lil and get they battle scars - then you gonna see some iLL shit go down - once the south get they act together, its a wrap

Lightbulb thanks

what we are seeing is a costume (a thick one) and mask put over the music Hip Hop expresses -

back in the 80's they took away our instruments - they couldn't have another E.W.& F, JB's,Ohio Players,Kool And The Gang on their hands - bands were getting militant and expressing some serious sounds in the 70's - they took our instruments away - so we started to use records - the old folks was like "what the hell are yall doing ?" - our sound was wopped - gritty - raw - just like a baby fresh out the womb - ugly - until Whodini came out - then they began to understand where were taking it -
    when PE,X-Clan,BDP,Kane etc....started beating up babylon with beats and lyrics, white american society got scared -

they had to dumb down the drums and change the focus and subject - so here comes Ice T with "lets get butt naked and fuck" and his "i'm a pimp,and a hustler, with a perm" image then NWA came out shootin hoes in the back with ak-47's - the rhyme styles was off - the beats were generic done over beats that allot of the MC's of the golden era already done killed - shortly after, they used a NY based group called ONYX to top off the madness - which we all was feeling - a little too much - to the point where niggas was really getting robbed and killed off of throw ya guns alone -

i honestly believe that BDP set the tone for all the gangster madness - "i don't battle with rhymes, i battle with guns" - the west coast ate that shit up - and everyone was always trying to out do NY - and one of the main ways they did this, was to top us in crime level - their murder rate had to be higher than ours -

it'll all come back around again - i'm just now, this year beginning to understand the new beat format and appreciate where its going - it'll change into a higher form in a few years after these lils and youngs scrape they knees a lil and get they battle scars - then you gonna see some iLL shit go down - once the south get they act together, its a wrap
    this was very theraputic hahahahaha i have had this shit on my mind for a long time nice building with you

...ahight, so hip-hop was another word for israel, as mother of civilization...eventually dug up in ethiopia [cush]. suh'm to that effect. BX was a cover, not long after the death [assassination] of 13X [the father]...
    $%#&!

STYLE

hip hop is a dynamic artform.

sunny you said it yourself
    "i do what i want with it"

i really can't see how one could confine/define it by one set of standards, whether it be beats, flow, or content. that one cut nelly did is practically country western but yet its hip hop.

what i do see is that the current form is a reflection of the culture. but at the same time hip hop has become a closed loop of consumption and production.

originality and creativity are rare. you hear cats bitin verbatim and it's accepted. thats a shame.

this is why i like wayne. he is doin his own thing. not to say he's the greatest but you can't say he is wack by any way shape or form.

Lyrics.

Thumbs down peace

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
    hip hop is a dynamic artform.

sunny you said it yourself
    "i do what i want with it"

i really can't see how one could confine/define it by one set of standards, whether it be beats, flow, or content. that one cut nelly did is practically country western but yet its hip hop.

what i do see is that the current form is a reflection of the culture. but at the same time hip hop has become a closed loop of consumption and production.

originality and creativity are rare. you hear cats bitin verbatim and it's accepted. thats a shame.

this is why i like wayne. he is doin his own thing. not to say he's the greatest but you can't say he is wack by any way shape or form.

lil wayne has some skill im just saying he should not be looked @ as a mark of excellence hes ok but not the poster child for hiphop what he does not define the whole culture and his lyrix are subpar with sloppy ass free styles

lil wayne is no where near thye greatest rapper alive and he self proclaimed that shit hahahahahaha he went to school for pshycology and hes using it on the masses of the people hahahahaha

hiphop has rules and there is suppose to be honor invovled like back in feudal japan niggas was like respect my style sun ....but it wasnt done sloppy they really trained not get drunk and high all day stumble on set and then do the worst rendition of the sand palm hahahahaha niggas think cause some one gets high and stays on beat a lil that they are the shit thats insane when you freestyle shit has to make sense thats how you earn your stripes your freestyle should be almost good as your written then dudes will say thats an ill nigga right there respect him hes an emcee he paid his dues hes not limited

That is a tough subject. What makes a "dope" mc? Hmmm. For me, it has definately got to be style and originality, their name and confidence. For example, KRS-ONE, do you remember when he did "By All Means Necessary?" I still say today that he had not only a classic, but the best damn album cover I've ever seen, his music material was dope, and he's got one of the best names in the game, which is why he is still around after all these years. I think RZA and guys like Jadakiss to, not only because they got dope styles, but check out their rap names, you gotta be able to back your shit up with those tight ass names.

Lightbulb we on the same page

Quote Originally Posted by King Lizard View Post
    That is a tough subject. What makes a "dope" mc? Hmmm. For me, it has definately got to be style and originality, their name and confidence. For example, KRS-ONE, do you remember when he did "By All Means Necessary?" I still say today that he had not only a classic, but the best damn album cover I've ever seen, his music material was dope, and he's got one of the best names in the game, which is why he is still around after all these years. I think RZA and guys like Jadakiss to, not only because they got dope styles, but check out their rap names, you gotta be able to back your shit up with those tight ass names.
    you said it best GOD IM JUST HERE TO GET PEOPLE TO THINK AND GO BACK TO THE ESSENCE