View Poll Results: How would you rate 8 Diagrams?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Masterpiece

24 12.31%
  • 9 - Superior

39 20.00%
  • 8 - Banger

45 23.08%
  • 7 - Good

48 24.62%
  • 6 - Average

23 11.79%
  • 5 - Barely decent

5 2.56%
  • 4 - Boring

5 2.56%
  • 3 - Weak

4 2.05%
  • 2 - Weaker

0 0%
  • 1 - Wack

2 1.03%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan - 8 Diagrams

this album is no more than 3.5/5,idk, when i first heard it i thought it was 4.5/5, but now im not even listening to it
    Stay Off The F*&?%$' Flowers

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

My thoughts exactly.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fright View Post
    this album is no more than 3.5/5,idk, when i first heard it i thought it was 4.5/5, but now im not even listening to it
    i dunno i still feel it's a solid 4 it's some replay more tracks than others mostly the 1st half of the album

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    i dunno i still feel it's a solid 4 it's some replay more tracks than others mostly the 1st half of the album
    ^^ The best description of overall 8D's value is that - Solid 4!

this album was just awful. IMO no replay value at all

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    This one was long overdue, the beats sound.....so different, a new RZA, he experimenting on this joint mad crazy, some beats came out on point, some are just average, others doo doo. Lyrics are pretty solid, although I disappointed by Rza and Gza other members came through, Method Man, U-God and Raekwon. Cappadonna was really no help on this album, could've been left off (No Disrespect.) I know RZA was trying to experiment but not with this joint, we didn't wait 7 years for this one, EVERYONE knows Wu-Tang can come better than this, I'm sad to see niggas lower their standards on this site, I know some cats really feel it but overall it could've been better, It is some good music on here, but not what i was expecting. No Ghostface really hurt this album too, he killed every verse he did, how could he not be on here? ****Overall 3.5/5****
    i'd have to agree with a majority of what you say here, because this album consists mostly of Method Man and Rae...with U-God coming in here and there. What i don't agree on is not enough Ghostface on the album...honestly I don't like Ghost's flow too much because he always talking about material possessions in his verses...i give him credit for being a vivid storyteller, and that's his niche, and he should stick with it. Rae is kinda the same way, except Rae got sick delivery. Not hearing GZA on this album enough was disappointing, but GZA been flowing for more than 30 years now, and has nothing more to prove...you can't forget about Rebel INS!!! Even after a 7 year wait for an album, he still hasn't lost his touch. Sure this album is all over the place, but the Wu live up to that "unpredictable" title.

i'm disappointed by this album like most of y'all are, and i'm wondering if the Wu Clan even care to redeem themselves on the next effort. gotta wait and see, huh?

Beats are boooring...to me absolutely weak production, i would never rap on this shit..

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

LOL ^^ for me the beats were the best part

but the rating 3.5/5 is right. Nice songs, not the greatest lyrics, but still better than most other groups, I don't get that album feeling, and there is no group energy or harmony, if we can call it like that [altho how Ghost starts his verse on the opening song using Meth's line is an exception]
    bring back begongo!!

SHAOLIN STUDENT

6/10
    "Get Em Out Ya Way Pa" is i think one of the few, if only one true banger off the album.
    the beat is sick and lyrically everyone is on top of it.
    and their flow, though a bit more laid back (like just about all of the album is) is perfect for the beat.
    aside from that...... i think it's a good hip hop release (good, not great), but when it comes to a wu album.... it's decent. if that.
    also, something i've said a fair bit for this album and i mean it strongly- it's a moody release. you really have to have the right weather and overall setting to truly enjoy it.
    i bumped the hell out of it when it came out and throughout all of winter. because i live in florida and unless it's winter, it's pretty much gonna be fairly warm and either sunny or some thunderstorms. so without it being cold, overcast, or any of that, i could never really get my head in the right place to WANT to hear 8D.
    like it's a pretty good winter release and should be enjoyed as such. but feeling energetic in 90 degree temperature and the sun and humidity making it more like over 100, just can't listen to this cd.
    maybe i'm wrong in saying this, but its just my opinion and i feel strongly for it.

again, get the right setting and state of mind and the album will be high enjoyable, but if it's not there, i'd much rather listen to anything else in the wu library (except BDR, seriously think that was an epic fail especially after hearing fishscale, more fish, and pretty much anything else ghost has put out).
    so 7.5-8.5 on a good day for the album, but on any regular day down here: 6/10

Is the Windmill an energy invention>/\<v
    MC Slick1

Peace RZA. Cilvaringz /\ Killah Priest . He need support. Winter Time is comin' just stay near her. Young women need true fam to hold em' close so they won't fall into the arms of predators.
    MC Slick1

I just listned to 8D, hadnt put it on for months, for some reason i liked it more. Maybe it's the cold weather?

^^ yes it's definitely a winter joint in the same way as "It Was Written" works better in those times...

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Post Rip

RIP Old Dirty Bastard
    MC Slick1

From Jason Wallace & Tonya Wallace-nava
    MC Slick1