Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip-Hop Cassette Tapes......

Somewhwere between concern and not givin a shit....

Quote Originally Posted by Coley View Post
    I'm not even collecting tape, but damn, BIG D O, if you don't have the money, don't take money out of other people's pockets, that's really, really sad. I would've understood if you couldn't afford food to survive, but these are tapes, and you're actually damaging other people by stealing them, even if it's just a dollar. If you don't have the money to buy one right now, just wait 'til you DO have the money. Especially when you obviously do have the money to get drunk... That's just my 2 cents though (no pun), I would've felt terrible, both towards the store owners and the artists you're stealing from. Honest collectors are actually paying for them while they end up in your collection the cheap way, blegh.
    nigga please.....lol.....i'm jackin mainly from thrift stores not established big name retail chain businesses, the artists don't see any money from the shit that's sold in there yo; tha shit in the thrift stores is people's old, disregarded stuff that they donate for free after they stop using it or don't want it.....most of the time the cassette's in those stores haven't been touched or played by anyone in years and 90% of the time no one is ever looking at them when I walk up in there either...I save them tapes from a obscure shelf life where they won't be played or even acknowledged......jesus, nikkas need to calm down, y'all is acting like I steal everything, I told y'all I pay when I have the dough and I don't when I don't....ya'll up here acting like I'm going to ya favorite rapper's crib and i'm breaking in they house stealing the food right out they baby girl's mouth, lol..they be one dollar tapes man, I know most of y'all steal more money everyday doin whatever; stealing ya nieghbor's paper, jackin cable TV, getting that unauthorized refill at steak n shake, whatever..what the fuck do I care if i'm jackin tapes? Most of these tapes were assembled and packaged in 3rd world countries like Mexico, Malaysia, Guatamala, China, etc., etc., by people of color; my people! Who were only paid 10 cents an hour to do so....fuck the corporations who are in bed with the money hungry pigs that exploit their own people for American dollars....I don't owe them shit either.....besides i'm ordering plenty off the net as well......and I still buy CD's from in the stores, stores that I might add no longer carry cassette tapes....so before you go getting all riteous about me and what I do, check yaself, I ain't hurting nobody, you just wanna sit around and bitch like a lil' ole' gal and shit......
    Last edited by BIG D O; 07-27-2008 at 08:18 PM.

Aight dunn it's ok like I said in my post it not something worse cuz I know what a thrift store is etc.
    And its only one dollar so who the fuck cares?

But I was talkin' if you would steal it in a Record Store while it was layin' there brand new and stuff.
    Nahmean?

The Poet You Never Were 9th Warrior's Avatar

what Big DO does isnt even half as bad as what I KNOW all yall do...
    downloading off the internet. that's the kinda shit that actually "hurts" the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by No1CouldBIlla View Post
    Aight dunn it's ok like I said in my post it not something worse cuz I know what a thrift store is etc.
    And its only one dollar so who the fuck cares?

But I was talkin' if you would steal it in a Record Store while it was layin' there brand new and stuff.
    Nahmean?

I wasn't really speakin to you I was talkin to that ole' fakeass self riteous muthafucka that made those sappy comments tryin to act like I was the leader of an Al Queda terrorist cell or some shit cause a jack a few tapes from thrift stores....SMH....

Quote Originally Posted by 9th Warrior View Post
    what Big DO does isnt even half as bad as what I KNOW all yall do...
    downloading off the internet. that's the kinda shit that actually "hurts" the artist.
    Word up, the only time I download something is when I can't find the album (not even on the internet) or when it' some kinda rare mixtape or an album out of print.

Got some new updates!

7/30/08:

Okay so this has been an extremely slow week as far as tapes go.....been through to a few of my steady spots for tapes, yet I was disappointed to see that they had nothing there...I still haven't recieved that last tape I'm sapposed to get in the mail (The Beatnuts- Intoxicated Demons) either.....that's got me kinda irritated

I have managed to broker some new deals though....met this cat online on another forum that was tryin to get rid of an old Blahzay Blahzay- Blah Blah Blah cassette and I was able to negotiate a trade with him for that.....he sent that out to me today, so I should, hopefully have that by Saturday maybe.......he has a few other tapes that we're sapposed to negotiate about as well.....he listed a whole bunch for me, but these were the only ones I was interested in: Redman- Whut Thee Album, King SUn- XL, Brand Nubian- One For All and Willie D's- Im Goin Out Like A Soldier

If anyone on here has any tapes that they wanna trade out for a CD don't hesitate to come foward and let it be known, we might could do some business....

Other than that i've been extremely frustrated as to the level of tapes I've gotten my hands on this week....still sittin at a big fat zero, and I can't have that.....i'm gonna go out today and check this Salvation Army I haven't been to yet....might yield some new pickups...as always I'll keep ya'll posted....

I can't even remember the last time I bought a tape.

P.E.A.C.E.

updates for 7/30/08 cont'd:

had some pretty good luck today! Went out to check that thrift store that I hadn't been to yet and they didn't have shit! I was mad disappointed, but it was early and I didn't have nowhere to be so me and my mans rolled over to one of my regular spots (that goodwill on the other side of town)

I walked in and at first I wasn't finding anything, but I wasn't too worried due to the fact that this is the place that has the huge wall of tapes, so i always have to look for awhile and even then I'm pretty sure stuff still gets by me....At first I saw some old tapes that I had previously Passed on in earlier visits; shit like Montell Jordan's "This Is How We Do It" and Salt And Pepa's "Blacks' Magic".....then I saw a tape with what I thought resembled the old Death Row Symbol......I picked it up and read the red, emblazened cover; "Death Row's Greatest hits".....I remembered this album from back in 1996 and I knew the CD version was a double album set, I almost immediatley felt a lil' disappointed because I thought that this cassette's partner might not be anywhere around....after a few minutes of searching I was able to locate the 2nd part though.....both were in really good condition and both had the booklets.....I did switch out their cases tho, the original ones were a lil' dingy lookin'....just when I thought that those were all I was gonna find I stumbled upon a copy of Too Short's "Gettin It (Album Number 10)" album. Now while I've never been too big on Too Short, I distinctly remember this album being his last hurrah b4 he retired and also being a pretty decent last effort, even though he would only return in 1999...

all in all a good day.....

Updates for 8/3/08:

went to a local flea Market/swap meet today and only found one tape, lol....I'm glad I found it, but I was a lil' disappointed because the shit was huge and there was literally only one hip-hop cassette tape there....SMH....

anyway, it was a cassette of UGK's 2001 album "Dirty Money"....it was also in great condition....that i'm thankful for.....

on monday I should be recieving in the mail that Blahzay Blahzay cassette as well as Redman's "Whut Thee Album" cassette.....*crosses fingers*

Update for 8/8/08:

Today I went back to what is quickly becoming my sweet spot as far as thrift stores with Hip-Hop Cassette tapes goes.....the ironic thing is that it's that store I spoke about earlier....the one in a primarilly white nieghborhood, on the white side of town...lol, they always have more than a few good hip-hop or R&B tapes man.....every fuckin time....

today I found 4 tapes man:

Domino's 1993 album "Domino" (was fully produced and programmed by Battlecat)

Montell Jordan's 1995 album "This Is How We Do It"

Kool Moe Dee's 1993 "Greatest Hits" album

The Best Man Movie Soundtrack (features The Roots, Lauryn Hill, Bob Marley, Maxwell, Allure, Faith Evans, Latocha Scott, Genuine, Tyrese, Case, Jaguar Wright)

All are in excellent condition, the Domino jawn was pristine man, I don't think it's been played yet.....

And guess what else I found man.....fuck I was pissed the fuck off yo.....I found a N.W.A. "Straight Outta Compton" tape too, but when I opened it up it was some bootleg ass off brand recordable tape, not the album....that woulda really made the day, but I still came out with a great score.....this time around I did do some tag switching, but I did pay, just in case any of you self-riteous niggas on here who get butt hurt when I jack shit wanted to know........
    Last edited by BIG D O; 08-08-2008 at 08:36 PM.

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

The Best Man Movie Soundtrack (features The Roots, Lauryn Hill, Bob Marley, Maxwell, Allure, Faith Evans, Latocha Scott, Genuine, Tyrese, Case, Jaguar Wright)

this is a good find........

click the sig if you vatican status

man i got a gang of shit on tape some real rare shit also might start rippin it for the fam...I mean I got shit that is out of print and all real live classic shit

Quote Originally Posted by NAKHI the SOLORIAN View Post

this is a good find........
    yeah, I always liked that movie and the soundtrack is top notch R&B all the way through...The Sporty Thievez is on it too.....I picked that and the Montell Jordan Tape up because I'm tryin to build up my R&B tape collection.....

Quote Originally Posted by BIG D O View Post
    Update for 8/8/08:

Today I went back to what is quickly becoming my sweet spot as far as thrift stores with Hip-Hop Cassette tapes goes.....the ironic thing is that it's that store I spoke about earlier....the one in a primarilly white nieghborhood, on the white side of town...lol, they always have more than a few good hip-hop or R&B tapes man.....every fuckin time....

today I found 4 tapes man:

Domino's 1993 album "Domino" (was fully produced and programmed by Battlecat)

Montell Jordan's 1995 album "This Is How We Do It"

Kool Moe Dee's 1993 "Greatest Hits" album

All are in excellent condition, the Domino jawn was pristine man, I don't think it's been played yet.....

And guess what else I found man.....fuck I was pissed the fuck off yo.....I found a N.W.A. "Straight Outta Compton" tape too, but when I opened it up it was some bootleg ass off brand recordable tape, not the album....that woulda really made the day, but I still came out with a great score.....this time around I did do some tag switching, but I did pay, just in case any of you self-riteous niggas on here who get butt hurt when I jack shit wanted to know........
    You got Domino on tape?!

"Im that guy and your so fly, gotta get me a piece of that sweet potato pie"
    Last edited by Billy Danzenie; 08-09-2008 at 10:32 PM.
    IM THE BABY, GOTTA LOVE ME

Go to sleep when your tired and wake up at the same time everyday until you'r legs are more flexible for an intense fight with your local mail carrier

yeah that is a classic also.......