Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip-Hop Cassette Tapes......

Somewhwere between concern and not givin a shit....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Danzenie View Post
    You got Domino on tape?!

"Im that guy and your so fly, gotta get me a piece of that sweet potato pie"
    indeed I do....that joint "Ghetto Jam" is on there too....shit went hard back in the day man.....really liked the video for that joint as well too....

I have a minor update for today....i managed to stroll up into a thrift store around the way and find a huge stack of tapes, however, once again only found one with some hip-hop on it.....well two actually, but I only grabbed one of em'....

they had Wreckx-n-effect's 1992 album "Hard Or Smooth" and The Dangerous Minds soundtrack....I decided on the Dangerous Minds joint because it was in considerably better condition....really too bad because I woulda grabbed em' both if they was up to par, but it it is what it is....still liked what I grabbed a lot....

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

imma take a pic of my cassette collection in a couple of days when I sort it all out that is a project I been workin on for weeks this gives me incentive to do it...lol

click the sig if you vatican status

Quote Originally Posted by NAKHI the SOLORIAN View Post
    imma take a pic of my cassette collection in a couple of days when I sort it all out that is a project I been workin on for weeks this gives me incentive to do it...lol
    word....that's a good idea....I would do that too but I don't have a digital camera and my phone don't got a USB jack.....

you should definitely post up your collection kid....maybe we can make some trades or I can cop some tapes off you yo....

Man, it's been terribly dry this past week and a half yo....haven't been able to find any new tapes in any of my spots....

they're about to open a new goodwill in my neighborhood this fall, i'm awaiting that anxiously....

I've been wanting to order some more tapes off the net, but my boy who has an account has been in the field (army shit)....

looks like I'mma take another trip to the city and dig around there next time I get a full tank....
    Last edited by BIG D O; 08-18-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG D O View Post
    indeed I do....that joint "Ghetto Jam" is on there too....shit went hard back in the day man.....really liked the video for that joint as well too....
    just came in the mail
    IM THE BABY, GOTTA LOVE ME

Go to sleep when your tired and wake up at the same time everyday until you'r legs are more flexible for an intense fight with your local mail carrier

Update For 8/25/2008:

Went up to a goodwill downtown and really was there looking for vinyl (which I did find) but I did stumble upon one tape that was in great condition....I found the 8 Mile Movie soundtrack just chillin amongst a grip of old tapes in the corner of this really dusty Salvation army....It was on sale too....only paid like 35 cents for it....

still haven't gotten a chance to get up to the city and browse around....thinkin about tryin it the end of the week, should have some updates by then....

Update for 8/26/08:

Actually had a real good day today and was lucky enough to hit up a thrift spot that had about 5 tapes...They all were in great shape, a couple you coulda told me were brand new and I woulda believed you....It was sort of a surprise to find any, because once again I wasn't there looking for tapes....I was there looking for a tape rack/holder for my pops, whose collection of tapes is also insane and huge....I found that as well!

here's the pickups:

-The New Jack City Movie Soundtrack

-Al B. Sure! - Private Times....And The Whole 9!

-Public Enemy - Apocalypse 91...The Enemy Strikes Back

-Jodeci - The Show The After Party The Hotel

and the grand prize for draggin my ass out the crib in 94 degree heat:

-Krs-One - Return Of The B O O M B A P

I was thrilled to see that Krs-One man...that's one of my favorite albums and I was gonna originally order it off the net, but like I said, my dude that does that for me is in the field still....I'm actually contemplating goin back out today and checkin out one more spot and seing if they got some new shit...

Update for 8/28/08:

not much to report today other than i finally recieved that last tape in the mail! Yes I now have that Beatnuts - Intoxicated Demons EP that I ordered about 3 or 4 months ago, lol.....

Update for 8/29/08:

Made a couple of the usual rounds today and I didn't find any hip-hop tapes, but once again I was given the chance to pad my R&B collection which is growing like a weed....

I found Tevin Campbell's 1991 album "T.E.V.I.N. Campbell" and the 1992 Motown Records R&B compilation East Coast Family Vol.1

Quote Originally Posted by BIG D O View Post
    Update for 8/28/08:

not much to report today other than i finally recieved that last tape in the mail! Yes I now have that Beatnuts - Intoxicated Demons EP that I ordered about 3 or 4 months ago, lol.....
    You waited 3-4 months for that album to arrive? lol I forget, was that from amazon.com? Cause usually if you don't receive an item after waiting for about a month, you can request to receive a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    You waited 3-4 months for that album to arrive? lol I forget, was that from amazon.com? Cause usually if you don't receive an item after waiting for about a month, you can request to receive a refund.
    yeah, I waited, but like I said I coulden't do nuthin' bout it cause it was my boy who ordered it for me and he's in the field right now....

Oh yeah, that's right man, my bad, I re-read it now.

Update for 09/02/08:

Man today was some shit, lol.....so I'm at this really wack Salvation Army yo, i'm not even lookin for tapes cause I have been here time and again and they never have had anything worthwhile....I mean anything....I'm actually up in there looking for some furniture, a lil' coffee table to be exact.....

anyway, for some reason or other I stroll over to where they do keep their extremely limited selection of Cassette tapes (by the VHS Tapes) and browse for awhile....I look them over for about 2 minutes and as usual I'm pissed off at myself for even going over there because once again there ain't shit....

I lose intrest and walk to the back of the store in search of a cheap coffee table that isn't straight outta the 70's and has enough room for all my shit that is currently engulfing the too-small coffee table at the crib now....didn't find anything in that category either.....

I was about to walk out when I got that "feeling" that I've described so many times before in this thread....that feeling that I should go back and give the tape section another real good once over....I proceeded to do just that....

Everything was still looking the same when I ventured back over by the tapes, but this time just by chance I saw a package of "D-Skins"....for those that don't know "D-Skins" were/are those really cheap lookin' clear attachments for the back of your CDs that protect em' from getting scratched....I was actually given some for free in college and tried to use them but they sucked and would always fall off my CD's.....google em'....anyway, yeah so I saw those and for some reason I thought to pick them up and inspect them....upon doing so I noticed that behind them was a brand spankin new Wyclef Jean - The Carnival Featuring The Refugee Allstars........

I sat and looked at that shit for a minute in disbelief.....coulden't believe that someone spent some money on this excellent album and then gave it up for free to the Salvation Army.....I mean this was the album on which Clef gave us "Gone Til' November", "Guantanamera" and "We Trying To Stay Alive".....anyway, it was a great pick up for me, shit was brand new, still in the plastic wrap....

Ha!ha!Ha! man you're a funny dude!!Cassettes oh man!! i got a sh** load of them that I'm busy converting!! In fact I have found most of the stuff converted to CD already!! Mst say i am completely spoiled by new technology and pretty used to the 80 min!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dinfinite1 View Post
    Ha!ha!Ha! man you're a funny dude!!Cassettes oh man!! i got a sh** load of them that I'm busy converting!! In fact I have found most of the stuff converted to CD already!! Mst say i am completely spoiled by new technology and pretty used to the 80 min!!!
    fuck converting analog to digital!! Tapes sound waaay better kid....by converting them your compressing their sound medium, especially if you convert them into MP3's or Wav files......they're already partially digital

And yeah, fuck the 80 minute maximum space you have on a CD....tapes give you 120 minutes!! That's why back in the day a lot of artists had albums that were longer than 10 fucking tracks....hip-hop albums used to be 18 to 20 tracks deep on a consistent basis yo....now you'll be lucky if your favorite artist drops a 16 track LP...and even then it's only a 13 track LP because they always have like 3 skits....SMH.....

Anyway I have a few updates for 09/04/08:

Went to my solid spot for tapes today (the really nice Goodwill on the white side of town) and as usual there was a few gems for me amongest their huge selection.....

First joint I spotted was Gangstarr's "Dailly Operation" album! Shit was in great condition and rewound to the beginning....that shit was the highlight of my day man.....nice lil' pickup...

Second joint I found was the Boyz In The Hood Movie Soundtrack.....I never had looked at it too close in the past and was surprised to see that Main Source's "A Friendly Game Of Baseball" Remix was on there as well as my favorite song from the movie Compton's Most Wanted's "Growin Up In Teh Hood"....that beat is insane....Kam's "Every Single Weekend" is on here too, always liked that joint, Kam was a great emcee....

Finally I once again padded my ever-blossoming R&B tape collection with Tony Toni Tone's "Sons Of Soul" LP....don't know much about this album but I know I used to like a few of T.T.T.'s song's when I was younger....them bruthas is talented....