Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Hip-Hop Cassette Tapes......

IM THE BABY, GOTTA LOVE ME

Go to sleep when your tired and wake up at the same time everyday until you'r legs are more flexible for an intense fight with your local mail carrier

Somewhwere between concern and not givin a shit....

damn!! Danzenie finally blessed us with some pics!!

lemme know if you lettin any of em' go Billy.....I'm buyin!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG D O View Post
    damn!! Danzenie finally blessed us with some pics!!

lemme know if you lettin any of em' go Billy.....I'm buyin!
    lol im still building up my collection

oh and guess what.. that sticky fingaz is crushed all the way to the tape and the tape is fucked up!

i gotta get a new one

Go to sleep when your tired and wake up at the same time everyday until you'r legs are more flexible for an intense fight with your local mail carrier

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

cool pics

thanks

is that a shoebox you keep yours in?

Does anybody know where I can find only built 4 Cuban linx on cassette aka the purple tape. Either online or any store in the tri-state area? Thanks in advance

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

i still put stuff on cassette sometimes

update!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, I know I haven't entered aan update in here in a looong minute, but hey, life be like that sometimes.....

just to inform those who wanna know, since my last update on here (1/14/2009) I've been out grabbin Tapes where I can find em'.....thrift stores, garage sales, record stores, etc., etc., but mostly thrift spots yahmean....

I have picked up a plethora of new ish' and i'll try and go back and see what I didn't post up pick wise and put that up.....

for right now however I got n immediate update w/pics of some tapes that I fell up into today.....

Update for 5/18/2009:

So I was just gonna kill some time today at a Goodwill after my employer basicaly told me that due to our low turnover rate for the day I could bounce mad early....

I strolled into a Goodwill up by my place of employment and located their Tape rack pretty quickly......I have been to this Goodwill before but it had easily been about 4 or 5 months since i had last browsed the selection in there.....

In any case I started scanning the rack that had grown quite a bit since my last vist.....it wasn't long before my eyes locked onto the shimmering, almost new copy of Mobb Deep's "The Infamous".....I was blown away.....I snatched it quick and inserted into my pocket even quicker....I had no problem pullin the trigger that fast for that particuliar tape, which is essential to my collection now.....

I kept looking and was happy to find the Above The Rim Soundtrack and Redman's "Dare Iz A Darkside tapes......really was very happy about the Redman tape....the 1994 classic is gonna look good next to my copy of "Whut Thee Album"......I was also surprised to find out upon inspection that the tape was actually red in color.......Yo Danzenie is your copy like that too? In 94' I was already on teh CD tip and not really grabbin too many tapes.....so I don't remember.....Anywho I basically threw one tape in each pocket and one in my back pocket.....I prolly coulda walked outta there with them in my hand tho....the people working in there all looked liek they were performing their community service....lol......

here's the pics folks.....

Last edited by BIG D O; 05-18-2009 at 10:46 PM.

º
    Last edited by NIKLZ; 03-22-2012 at 07:04 AM.

didnt know that redman album was a red cassette.thats dope.

º
    Last edited by NIKLZ; 03-22-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    didnt know that redman album was a red cassette.thats dope.
    Isn't it? I don't recollect that at all when it dropped.......

I've been waitin for Danzenie to get in here and tell me whether or not his copy is like that or not.....

Update!!!!

5/19/09:

Okay, so I was extra strung out after I found those three tapes yesterday so being that I had nothing else to do today I ventured back out to that same Goodwill to grab another tape I had seen yesterday but didn't jack....it was "Let The Rythym Hit Em'" by Eric B. and Rakim.....

So anyway, I strolled in expecting to just grab that, but couldn't help but to give the tapes a good once over as well b4 I bounced.....lol, ironically I couldn't locate that Eric B. and Rakim, but what I did find was equally dope.......that would be a fuckin mint condition copy of "Ready To Die", the debut LP from Biggie, that you can't find in most music stores anymore (due to that lawsuit that was brought against Bad Boy and puff over a sample on it) on fuckin CD, and yet here was the Cassette right in front of me.......Once again I was dumbfounded as to how anyone could just give this away for free to a goodwill.....then, I scanned right down the rack and spotted Onyx's 1993 debut Lp "Bacdafucup"......wow...it was in just as good condition as the Biggie tape was......I looked around some more and was pleased to also have found DJ Quik's "Safe+Sound" LP from 95' that is a pretty slept on classic in it's own right.....I remember this album really well, at the time I remember a lot of heads checkin for it because Suge Knight executive produced it and everyone thought Quik was gonna eventually go to Death Row and replace Dre as the in house super producer.....

Pics:

Last edited by BIG D O; 05-19-2009 at 06:19 PM.

I still have a bunch of classic tapes if any if you want. Pm me

Quote Originally Posted by icedweebz View Post
    I still have a bunch of classic tapes if any if you want. Pm me
    check ya PM's Iced....

Update!!!!!

5/20/09:

Aaight, so I'm raping this Goodwill on a daily basis now, lol.....went back again today just to try and find that Eric B. And Rakim "Let The Ryhthm Hit 'Em" and was once again pleasantly surprised at what I bumped into....

while searching for that Eric B and Rakim (which i ended up finding btw) i found the infamous Eric B solo album from 1995 that Eric collab'd heavily with Freddie Foxxx on (Freddie helped co-write many of the songs) that so many people were disappointed with.....I always thought people were waay too harsh in judging that record...grabbed that and then noticed to my right and at the very bottom of the rack Poor Righteous Teachers "Pure Poverty" LP from 91' that had all that good Tony D (RIP) production.....had to snatch that up as well....Finally I scanned a lil more and finished up with Paris's "Sleeping With The Enemy", his sophomore LP from 92' and one of his most political and socially conscious LP's ever....

Pic:

Last edited by BIG D O; 05-20-2009 at 06:18 PM.