Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Raekwon interview about OBFCL2

Default New Raekwon interview about Cuban Linx2

peace
    Last edited by Hip Hop Official; 06-30-2008 at 11:49 PM.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH the blazed sage's Avatar

same response over and over again...3 years and counting...I remember last summer he said in an interview no matter what the album would come out summer '08 even if he just puts it out on the internet. I mean, the chef ain't weezy what the hell kind of number does he expect CL2 to do? at least the music is hot.

dumb fuck is still waiting for a major label to throw money in his face and promise a big budget promotion for the album which is never ever gonna happen. this album is absolutely not coming out this summer, and in the meantime CD sales continue to trend downward. he would have sold twice as much if he had put it out on nature sounds in summer 05 than at any point this year, and he would've kept a much bigger piece of the pie too.

i still think cuban linx 2 will be worth the wait but rae's gotta realize this ain't 98. seriously at this point, the smartest thing for him to do would be to go the radiohead/NIN route by releasing it for free to download and then stick out a collection tin and sell some kind of way overpriced deluxe package. that would make him the first major hip hop artist to do that and that alone would guarantee him a lot of publicity. and if the album's as good as he says it is then he should net enough to justify it.

seriously who manages these guys? wu is the worst managed music group of the past 20 years and i defy anyone to prove me wrong on that.

more akbar

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I told this guy, he should only make 500,000 copies of the album.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Cold Bottles of Becks Tonystarks420's Avatar

shave your beard....you bum

oh and the bun b thing just seemed like a typical random off the cuff remark from rae. i don't think he was implying that he'll be on the album.

PS. the beard is ill

more akbar

Raekwon proves (yet again) what a complete idiot he really is.

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

I am just curios will we see this shyt be4 2010.....??!!?

Better that he gave us that info, not bout fuckin Bun B featuring........

Peace.....................
    -suuuuuuu///

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by Firm Handshakah View Post
    seriously who manages these guys? wu is the worst managed music group of the past 20 years and i defy anyone to prove me wrong on that.
    on point. I'm tired of posting it again but in '08 your manager is more important than your material. if Rae wants to sell more than 50k first week, he better gets his ass on the phone and do something.

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

The thing is, Rae still thinks this is 1995 or some shit and the Wu are still relevant....well....their not.....they havent been for awhile....so if he's expectin to do 100k first week it aint happenin......he'll be lucky if he does 50k first week.....

And as the album keeps gettin delayed, hype is dying down, there is no buzz, and people are not checkin for it anymore....
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

Quote Originally Posted by The GFX View Post
    on point. I'm tired of posting it again but in '08 your manager is more important than your material. if Rae wants to sell more than 50k first week, he better gets his ass on the phone and do something.
    Agree but you know Rae prefers to eat a sandwich...

and a hot dog too....cuz he got the relish in his back pocket

lmfao @ rae thinks he's the "interior designer of lrg" that shit is hilarious. actin like he made them a hot company. head up his ass. spit some fire in the studio and get the fuck outta here with that shit. corny ass nigga....

This album is taking too long

{>____<}

Okay, Rae. When is the bitch suppose to drop?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty