Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Raekwon interview about OBFCL2

i bet you diablo 3 and starcraft 2 will drop before this album

ahahahaha dope sig ^^

JRoll

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
    The thing is, Rae still thinks this is 1995 or some shit and the Wu are still relevant....well....their not.....they havent been for awhile....so if he's expectin to do 100k first week it aint happenin......he'll be lucky if he does 50k first week.....

And as the album keeps gettin delayed, hype is dying down, there is no buzz, and people are not checkin for it anymore....
    Now that's whats up.

Man, I've tried to stick by Rae, but honestly I can't do it anymore. Dude is full of shit. He's been stringing us along for like 3 years now. Last year, he said we'd definitely get the album this summer no matter what. Now he's give us the same run around that he has before. He's gonna have to come with some super fire if this album ever comes out cause honestly I don't even care about it anymore. This was my most anticipated album really, but now I might not even buy it if and when it does come out.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

yeah whatever.....
    Christianity = White Supremacy

L~>1<~NKS

Quote Originally Posted by Tonystarks420 View Post
    shave your beard....you bum

Grow one sissy.... Why you knockin beards? You racist or sumshit??

Cold Bottles of Becks Tonystarks420's Avatar

yeah im racist because im knocking beards

LMAO

thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard

Banned

^^hahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonystarks420 View Post
    yeah im racist because im knocking beards

LMAO

thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Firm Handshakah View Post
    dumb fuck is still waiting for a major label to throw money in his face and promise a big budget promotion for the album which is never ever gonna happen. this album is absolutely not coming out this summer, and in the meantime CD sales continue to trend downward. he would have sold twice as much if he had put it out on nature sounds in summer 05 than at any point this year, and he would've kept a much bigger piece of the pie too.

i still think cuban linx 2 will be worth the wait but rae's gotta realize this ain't 98. seriously at this point, the smartest thing for him to do would be to go the radiohead/NIN route by releasing it for free to download and then stick out a collection tin and sell some kind of way overpriced deluxe package. that would make him the first major hip hop artist to do that and that alone would guarantee him a lot of publicity. and if the album's as good as he says it is then he should net enough to justify it.

seriously who manages these guys? wu is the worst managed music group of the past 20 years and i defy anyone to prove me wrong on that.
    How you gonna question his management but then say he should release it for free download?? yeah you should be a manager son. LOL
    "Fake niggas who tried to flex hard came and went, they couldn't match up wit the fly nigga wit his back against the wall. heads clock when i came in the door"-Ghostface Killah

I feel Rae, he worked hard and he don't wanna just throw it out there he wants everything to be right and I'ma cop it even if it don't ddrop until 09.
    "Fake niggas who tried to flex hard came and went, they couldn't match up wit the fly nigga wit his back against the wall. heads clock when i came in the door"-Ghostface Killah

Quote Originally Posted by tymoney View Post
    How you gonna question his management but then say he should release it for free download?? yeah you should be a manager son. LOL
    before you reply, first admit that you don't know shit about the current state of the music industry. no major label is ever going to throw the kind of money at rae that he's expecting. i don't care if it even turns out to be better than hell hath no fury, who's gonna sink big money into CL2 when no matter how good it is, it simply doesn't have the potential to push clipse numbers let alone busta or dre type numbers.

so in recognizing all a major's gonna do is skimp on promotion and shave a hefty slice of your profits off for themselves, rae's only other option is to more or less forego traditional CD promotion and go through an indie label where if it's as good as he says it is and gets enough word of mouth going he's still gonna sell just as much as if he were on a major but keep more of the pie. and now, finally, in recognizing that no matter how many youtube vids you put out pleading with the fans to buy your album, they're still gonna download that shit for free anyway, why not get some great, free, promotion for the album by becoming the first major hip-hop artist to go the radiohead/NIN route, which apparently was a successful venture for both of those groups.

rae would be cutting out the middle man and could have the potential for a really crazy cuban linx deluxe package that die hard wu fans (you know who you are) would buy up no matter what.

again, assuming it's an ill album, then it's rae's best option at this point. if he waits around any longer he's gonna lose whatever hype he still had going for it.

more akbar

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Yea man, Rae aint livin in reality anymore......

I mean, instead of going the traditional major label route, (which obviously hasnt worked...see Aftermath!).....he should get a little creative......

Go the Indie route! sign with Koch or Babygrande or Good Hands or Nature sounds or one of them labels....there are tons out there!! Didnt Koch give JR Writer like a million dollar advance?!? that shit is crazy for an indie label!!

I wouldnt say release it for free DL....but maybe digital download.....he can throw that shit up on his myspace and sell it directly through there!! there are tons of possibilities.....didnt Radiohead do that with their last album, In Rainbows?? .....and that sold alot!.....

Rae needs to realize he ain't getting that big 2 million dollar budget like Nas and Jay do.....
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

Autarch

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    yeah whatever.....

Ditto.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
    rep·re·sent
    To stand for; symbolize

Oztradamus

This album is 2 years too late..