View Poll Results: how do you rate this album?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Masterpiece

4 11.43%
  • 4 - Banger

15 42.86%
  • 3 - Average/Decent

14 40.00%
  • 2 - Weak

2 5.71%
  • 1 - Wack

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn Zu - Chamber #9, Verse 32

Default Brooklyn Zu - Chamber #9, Verse 32

Brooklyn Zu - Chamber #9, Verse 32

01. We Comin' For Ya
    02. Brooklyn Zu
    03. Do it For
    04. Blood is Love
    05. Cold World
    06. Knock Knock (f/ GZA)
    07. Eat Ya Food (f/ Killah Priest & Masta Killa)
    08. Baby
    09. Pass The Mic
    10. Party With The Zu
    11. Get Dirty Some Beers [Skit]
    12. Pour My Liqour
    13. If I Had a Gun (f/ RZA, Shavo & Monk)
    14. Put Ya People's On
    15. Marvelous
    16. Get That Cheese (f/ Shyheim)
    17. So Much To Say (f/ 62nd Assasin)
    18. Shut Ya Trap (f/ Prodigal Sunn)
    19. Dirty (Outro)
    Last edited by claaa7; 07-03-2008 at 06:20 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

my review spot..

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

WuTang4Life

I was'nt expecting much for this album, i don't know why, but i got hold of a copy this morning and i got to say that i will be buying it to add to my collection. Hope this is a start of good things to come from the Zu.

"i'm engaged to a shotgun and it gets jelous"

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Yo, from what I have heard now, really bangin album.... There r plenty of track that I like, beats r really good, I haven't checked lyrics so deep yet, so I won't comment them. I think I will listen to it for a few times more, and than drop my review of this album!

R.I.P Dirt Dog................

Peace..............
    -suuuuuuuu///

Veteran Member

18-brooklyn_zu-shut_ya_trap_(feat._prodigal_sunn)

Did I get a wrong version? thats what i have for track 18 instead of first things first/...can someone upload track?

A bit corny here and there with the beats and chorusses. They play it kinda safe, would've been better if the Zu overstepped some boundaries of hip-hop logics.

Nevertheless, this album is fresh and banging.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    18-brooklyn_zu-shut_ya_trap_(feat._prodigal_sunn)

Did I get a wrong version? thats what i have for track 18 instead of first things first/...can someone upload track?
    oh that's the one I got as well, just changed the first post.. don't know, I copied the tracklist from chambermusik so maybe there is 2 different versions of the CD. BTW, does the CD come in a paper-package (digipack)`?

Do it For, Blood is Love, Cold World, Knock Knock and So Much 2 Say are superior, great fucking songs!

they should have cut this album to strictly 12-13 songs (that's the way I listen to it now) and it be a solid 8.5/10. now i'm generous when I give it a 7.5/10

PRODIGAL SUN

Very good but-- admit it-- the party tracks here are very G-Unit... good G-Unit, and ya'll can play 'em back-to-back with "Terminate On Site" without freaking anyone out. I don't blame these guys for that and they do it well but I'm glad it's mixed up with more of the Wu sound also. 8/10 however, and really, MOST of us thought this would be wack but it's a very nice package (BUY IT!!), very good production even in the G-Unit style (a JILLION times better than whan U-God or Cappa have tried to go mainstream), etc. Bravo!

weird that only one track was produced by buddha

Yo, I have expected much from this album, and I think I got what I wanted! This album is fuckin fire!!! As claaa7 said, there r bout 12/13 really bangin tracks, and rest r also good, but could be better cuz many reasons (some cuz production, some cuz lyrics...)! But I really like this album! Production is fuckin great! There r many dope beats! Also lyrics r really ill on few tracks! Also, guestlist is sick - GZA, RZA, Killah Priest, Masta Killa, Shyheim, Prodigal Sunn, Monk... Really ill! I'm only disappointed with GZA at Knock Knock! He was kind flowless! But anyway, I must say that this would be real classic if they cut off those 7/8 wack tracks, but as they didn't,and there r few simple thins I do not like, I will rate it most objective 4 - Banger!

Peace...............
    -suuuuuuuuu///

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

^^^Damn. 7-8 wack tracks is tooo much for a purchase.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    ^^^Damn. 7-8 wack tracks is tooo much for a purchase.
    Well not really wack! Th best way t describe them is that these 12/13 tracks will like every true Wu Fan, but for those 7/8, it is really different from person to person...............!

FRESH FISH

I was really surprised by this. I wanted it to be good but had doubts especially seeing it's by multiple unknown producers. Despite that, it's a really good album. Some great beats, the Wu appearances are a real highight. Only negatives are that at times some of the Zu lyrically are just average and of course they put 2 wanna be radio tracks on it. There are times, like with a lot of wu fam albums ,when your mind will wander to how much better the clan would sound over the beats. Plenty of times when the ZU hold their own though.

Great tracks:
    We coming for ya
    Brooklyn Zoo
    Do it For
    Knock Knock: Really nice Rza beat nice Gza verse
    Eat ya Food: Both Priest and Master Killa rip it up
    If I had a gun: really good Rza verse
    So much to say 62nd with another great guest appearance

Good Tracks:
    Blood is Money
    Cold World
    Get that cheese
    Marvelous
    Put your peoples on

Ehhh:
    Baby
    Party with th Zu
    1st things first
    Pour My Liquor
    Pass the mic( decent track but it's really a chi king track from his album)

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maccabee Ridah View Post
    Well not really wack! Th best way t describe them is that these 12/13 tracks will like every true Wu Fan, but for those 7/8, it is really different from person to person...............!
    Oh Aight, hook me up with a track.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.