View Poll Results: how do you rate this album?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Masterpiece

4 11.43%
  • 4 - Banger

15 42.86%
  • 3 - Average/Decent

14 40.00%
  • 2 - Weak

2 5.71%
  • 1 - Wack

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn Zu - Chamber #9, Verse 32

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

better than i expected, but unfortunately way more party shit than i expected.

^i think it's only two or three party track's on there right

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Angel View Post
    if anybody PM me with a link to this album it would be highly appreciated...
    anybody?

if you're just looking for quality lyrics and can be forgiving towards the production than you'll enjoy this album. if you're like me and arent down with an album with soso production no matter how ill the lyrics are than you not feel this one.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Angel View Post
    anybody?
    Yo, I will try to find u something!

Peace.............

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Thumbs up

yo my peaples wats good its chi-king finally set free to fly / first off this album was made with care and selflessness/brooklyn zu picked every beat delicatly -and u might not feel some now but i garuntee its all a slow burn/before we get into any debates on if its good or wat ever- all of u have been listening to trash /the things i see get support baffles me /im devoted to hip hop and so are the zu /we wanted to give u a well rounded diverse album wich consist of underground bangers commercail radio hits party tracks and most of all fuck u material---/ill put this album up to any one who dropped and i garuntee we got more car bangers then everyone/if u really love our culture of hip hop u will enjoy this record /its the type u put on and the energy makes u feel good song to song from rza to rugged monk to master killa and gza we went in to come off the real way -=not wat u wanted or expected we decided to go too our souls like odb...r.i.p. and i dont think he wouldve had it any other way / now u can say wat u want u are intitled to your opinion but we gave u hip hop and 85 percent of the mcs that claim to be mcs cant produce that ....big up to brroklyn zu the best of comrads love yall brothas ...this is the first general chi king...go copp the album knowlegde its content before speaking if u aint bang it at least ten times yet -u cant make a comment first really listen-- then comment be fair and tru to yourself!!spread love not war!
    Last edited by CHI-KING; 07-07-2008 at 08:07 PM.

it's def. a banger imo

Quote Originally Posted by Maccabee Ridah View Post
    Yo, I will try to find u something!

Peace.............
    thanks, but I got it already. after one brief listening the album sounds promising

I ordered it at amazon marketplace from importCD.... cant wait to get it.... i just heard some tracks on youtube and all i can say is that these tracks i heard are bangin'.....
    (next to brooklyn zu i ordered zu ninjaz now justice... when u still dont have it, go and get it....)

peace to the gods... support wu fam = raw rap.... invest in good music and dont let bitches like souljahboy or 50cent overtake the musicbiz... we need a revolution... clean that biz...

Veteran Member

damn no real reviews for this? its a real solid album, feelin it alot more than Thug Angels

its not that cohesive, but its a dope collection of tracks. 12 remains mad underrated
    Last edited by FasterBlade; 07-17-2008 at 05:48 PM.
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

Jamal Arief

Banging album!

Peace.

Storyteller

I love how people start album review threads and don't actually REVIEW THE ALBUM.

Do a fucking track by track breakdown you goddam lazy freeposters.
    Stamping on the testicles of defeat!

^yeah co-sign i was looking for a track by track review...but anyway i'm getting this album...

i bought this the week it came out but didnt get a chance to spin it until recently. it's not the best album of the year but it's a solid effort. people will probably talk shit about this album, especially the club type shit cuz it's wack. but there are standout moments, and overall it has replay value aside from a couple must-skips.

1. we're comin for ya - this track starts off the album right. not too much more to say about it. the beat sounds "smokey"...i like it. 4/5.

2. brooklyn zu - 12 oclock kills the jump off verse. the chorus is repetitive but nonetheless it gets me hyped. the beat is a littile amateur-ish, not diggin it 2 much. the lyrics are mostly kind of stale aside from 12. 3/5

3. do it for - beautiful track, dirty at the beginning is nice to hear but when a track says featuring ODB i guess i'm expecting too much by thinkin its gonna be an unused verse or chorus or somethin...but we get a 20 second skit/snippet. anyway the beat is on some nice relaxed shit, which sets the tone for the next banger just right... 4/5

4. blood is love - my favorite track on the album. another demonstration of 12 o'clock's ill flow. and the beat is simple but addictive, i love it. at this point i was suprised with how much i like this disc. 5/5

5. cold world - the good feeling about this joint continues with this track, i love the organ sound. i don't know who the first mc is but he has the spirit of dirty in his flow. i'm not saying he sounds like dirty or has his style, but the way he doesn't care if he rhymes a word with the same word....smell me? 5/5

6. eat ya food - i knew things were going too good. this track should be promising as masta killa and priest are featured, but they each deliver incredibly average verses and the chorus is annoying. it's nice to hear MK and priest but each feature is generic and the beat is on prozak, not feeling it. 2/5

7. baby - here we go. why they would shoot themselves in the fucking face like this i can't tell you, but i can tell you this is the first skip-through of the album. i knew it was coming, i'm just suprised it's THIS bad. 0/5

8. pass the mic - the zu is brought back to life here. a nice track in general but nothing to write about. 2.5/5

9. party with the zu - oh my god. 0/5.

10. get dirty some beers skit - self explanatory.

11. pour my liquor - here is what i see as a fun smoking/drinking track. definitly sums up the vibe of this lp. nothing too groundbreaking. kind of what you'd expect. 3/5

12. if i had a gun - brilliant production and rza's verse is decent ( a suprise these days). i'm really feeling this track a lot, like i said the beat is nuts and the chorus has singing but it's not the annoying kind like on digi snax.

13. put yo people on - the first few seconds in i'm thinking...young jeezy wtf?!?! "eeey"
    no thanks. another skip through but i will give it a point for at least being listenable compared to "baby" and "party with the zu." \

i'm not going to review the 5 bonus tracks because it's not really worth typing out and rating. shyheim delivers an average verse and prodigal sunn is always nice to hear.

overall 7/10. and i'm kind of letting them off the hook for the stupid chick songs. im just gonna pretend they never happened, ya digs?

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

YO TO ALL OF U WHO COMMENTED ...THANK U YALLL/4 your support and honesty / i show the guys print outs of the blogs so they can really see what the fans are saying...i know one thing we all have in common weather u liked the record or not/
    WE ALL LOVE AND MISS O.D.B. [r.i.p.] NO MATTER WHAT ! WE CANT LET NO ONE EVER FORGET ABOUT ASON UNIQUE! becouse of him alot of peaple living good lives / /the 36th chamber was to go into the world and create new temples /thats what 12 oclock shorty shit stain zu keeper an budda monk an the zu ninjas all are tryin to do ya digg!!! brooklyn zu forever!!!
    PLUS WE BOOKING SHOWS IF U WANT THE ZU TO SMASH WITH U HIT ME UP LETs BOOK a show any where in the world!!!