View Poll Results: Nas - Untitled

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, It Was Written, Illmatic)

6 9.52%
  • 9 (Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, It Was Written, Illmatic)

18 28.57%
  • 8 (Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, It Was Written, Illmatic)

16 25.40%

14 22.22%
  • 6 (God's Son, I am...)

5 7.94%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 3 (Streets Disciple)

0 0%

2 3.17%
  • 1 (Nastradamus)

2 3.17%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nas - Untitled (leak)

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flowzz View Post
    Another reason this album is so good is its timing and relevance, shit couldnt have come at a better time.
    What you mean, man? I think this is excellent time for such an album. Today's production suits Nas' flow and - among all the brainless money-bitches-sizzurp shit that is spinned around nowadays - the game really needs an intellectual counter-weight. Especially after old thinkers as KRS-One and Rakim fell into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    Click here for Slim T's thorough review.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

the album has really grown on me alot since the first time, then I thought it was extremly mediocre but with each spin it has started to sound better and better in my ears.

lyrically Nas is sharp as a fucking razor as usual and it's pretty incredible that he still sounds like water when he's flowing, after 18 years in the game!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    What you mean, man? I think this is excellent time for such an album. Today's production suits Nas' flow and - among all the brainless money-bitches-sizzurp shit that is spinned around nowadays - the game really needs an intellectual counter-weight. Especially after old thinkers as KRS-One and Rakim fell into obscurity.
    Thats exactly what I said my dude, "could not have come at a better time".

My bad, misread.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

ok so i've listened to the album straight through about 6-8 times now, so I think it's time to write up a little mini review (a full one might drop in a minute).

my first impression of "Nigger" was that it was Nas weakest outing since "Nastradamus", my displeasure steemed from the fact that it didn't sound nothing like what I had expected and hoped for (after the brilliant mixtape that preeced it).

since then the album has done nothing but grown on me with each listen and I am now able to see the brilliance of the LP; while there are a few lacking beats sprinkled over the 57 minutes Nas never quit bringing the lyrical heat that he is known for. he touches on many themes related to the racism and black opression in America but he does so with enough intelligence and diversity to prevent it from ever getting monotone.

there are only one real throw-away track on the album, "Make The World Go Round" which features The Game and a crooning Chris Brown that seems totally misplaced on this album. it's really over-produced and though they both are sharp lyrically it manages to fuck up the flow of the album.

01. Queen's Get The Money (10/10)
    02. You Can't Stop Us Now (8/10)
    03. Breathe (8/10)
    04. Make The World Go Round (3/10)
    05. Hero (9/10)
    06. America (8/10)
    07. Sly Fox (10/10)
    08. Testify (10/10)
    09. N.I.G.G.E.R. [Slave & Master] (9/10)
    10. Untitled [Louis Farrahkan] (9/10)
    11. Fried Chicken (9/10)
    12. Project Roach (8/10)
    13. Y'all My Niggas (7/10)
    14. We're Not Alone (5/10)
    15. Black President (8/10)
    16. Like Me (9/10)

OVERALL: 8.5/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

That's two that gave the album 8.5

So, where would you put it in Nas catalogue?

Original Nastukao Bucellito 136's Avatar

i din't expected much from this album but all i gotta say after 2 listen is that it's dope
    i would give it smthg like 8.5/10

im giving this one it's the first back and forth you be listen QUAL-IT-Y. Im on Breath and every thing has been 10/10 so far

thintht i have been disappointed with Hero,jut cause of my person dislike for shit like that, but i can and have seen ppl with good taste consider it 10/10.

this album is fucking NUTS! good shit, lyrically he's on par with I'll say, I Am. or the average it was written track

Suga Duga

SHIIIIIIIIIIIT, the hero video is the shit!!!!

alright i've been bumping the album all week and here is my final review on each track:

01. Queen's Get The Money (8.5/10)
    02. You Can't Stop Us Now (9.5/10)
    03. Breathe (9/10)
    04. Make The World Go Round (9/10)
    05. Hero (9/10)
    06. America (8.5/10)
    07. Sly Fox (10/10)
    08. Testify (7/10)
    09. N.I.G.G.E.R. [Slave & Master] (8.5/10)
    10. Untitled [Louis Farrahkan] (9/10)
    11. Fried Chicken (10/10)
    12. Project Roach (9.5/10)
    13. Y'all My Niggas (8.5/10)
    14. We're Not Alone (9/10)
    15. Black President (7/10)

I tried to give each track a fair score according to how i felt about them. Overall though...i luv this album. Best album i've purchased in a long while. No real weak track on here.

"do you know what I'm askin you..."

Banned

why is this poll so damn retarded? whatever

9/10 shit is way better than i imagined ... def brought the heat after the SD and HHID garbage
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

all i gotta say is this is the first album i've bought in years that i can't stop listening too. it's become a habit that i find my favorite tracks, put it on a playlist and the album doesn't get rotation. but i listen to this shit from start to finish. when was the last time any of us have done that with an album. this album is crazy. 9/10. nas is still the greatest, i can't believe i asked people at work today if they heard and they didn't even know he was dropping an album... fools.
    FCK A SHOUT OUT!

I'm going to rate this on my own rating system. I don't understand how some can see Illmatic as an 8/10. Anyways this album is damn near flawless. Not one skip track and a min of 10 standout tracks. The only thing that throws it off is "Make The World Go Round", which isn't a bad track, but just doesn't fit the album (what do you expect w/ def jam). This may not be an instant classic, but can see it very likely falling into the classic category a few years from now.

Top 5: Queens Get The Money, You Can't Stop Us Now, Sly Fox, N.I.G.G.E.R. (The Slave & The Master), Black President

Grade: (4.7/5) A+

I have this over Nastradamus, Street's Disciple, I Am..., God's Son. And on par with The Lost Tapes and Hip Hop Is Dead.