Thread: An Unknown [Bronze/Kevlaar] Assortment of Broken Down Lyrics..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Default An Unknown [Bronze/Kevlaar] Assortment of Broken Down Lyrics..

this thread is gonna be for ALL questions/comments/whatever on lyrics from Bronze Nazareth and Kevlaar 7---that AREN'T on the Wisemen Approaching or TGM albums because we already have threads for those (see below)---for instance anything from the Unknown album that was released last year, and any random tracks that are floating around that haven't been released on an official album....i'm sure u understand what i'm talking about so i won't go any further with that..

first off i just want to gather into here the links to a couple of random threads i made not too long ago breaking down Bronze verses, ONE of which didn't get the attention i thought it deserved and Bronze himself apparently never peaked at:

Bronze verse on Magnolia

Bronze on "Nothing to Hide"

Waters of Nazareth

and for reference purposes, here's the Lyric Interpretation threads for the two albums:

The Great Migration (one of my alltime favorite Corp threads)

Wisemen Approaching

to start off this thread, i'd like to take a look at each brother's verse on the song "Streets is My Home", (mp3 link) a banger produced by Kevlaar 7 which features a mad visual verse from K7 and a dope creative verse from Bronze..

once again, as a disclaimer--i usually get some shit wrong, whether it's the meanings or the words being spoken and this song has some seriously CRAZY metaphors so i could be way off at times....but it's my best attempt here so enjoy

Streets is My Home

Verse One
    Kevlaar 7

Yo my blood is hazy, smokey glaze gaze in ways
    eyelids (or 'dye lids') cook up my hybrid, I've witnessed every act of violence

immediately beginning with some dark visual shit, both emcees are gonna portray a picture of themselves as being on some real-deal STREET shit...'my blood is hazy' because he's taken so many substances--whether it's crack, weed, alcohol, and everything else---and obviously that shit is in your blood..

if the second line is "dye lids" then he's sayin he cooks up his 'hybrid' aka his mix of chemicals--cocaine, meth, whatever--in a little lid..

"i've witnessed every act of violence" is a dope line that serves to put the finishing touches (just within the first two lines) of the scene we find ourselves in....some street, grimey, villainous individuals

Silence is isolated, i'm in a crowded basement
    sittin' adjacent cane vapors rainin', carbon faces

more great visual imagery, i take the second line to mean that there's all kinds of heavy smoke ('cane' is like a stick---so cigar, cigarette, blunt) floodin' this crowded basement...i love the picturesque 'carbon faces' line too

Decrepit humans sit in ruin, suicide's amazin
    flagrant patients inhale an icy danish, painted
    Delta 88, i sit inside the pipe and wait for fate to overcome it's niggaz who can't even see the sun

Delta-88 is an Oldsmobile car (pic), "sit inside the pipe" probably just means he's smokin that crack pipe and just lettin' time pass, waitin for "fate"--death--to overcome those decrepit cats who are trapped in prisons, and thus can't see the sun

I circulate around it
    display scenes surrounded
    by shadows and gallows, my smoke is not a trail to follow
    Survival is vital, smoke billows out the rivals window

now the tone changes a little i think, we're kinda back to reality, back to Earth (circulating the sun) and Kevlaar is sayin how he paints these shadowy dark scenes but his "smoke is not a trail to follow"---just like 'i'm not a role model, i walk a hard road to follow'---cuz he's paintin' these scenes not STRICTLY from imagination but partly from experience..

Swindle vandals sellin' handfuls and halos
    and ?rainbows? and Grey Goose, compliment me
    Anything to gain those, baked-up cocaine dose intensely

the wordplay is crazy in this verse...he deals with street characters sellin drugs, alcohol and death just to gain enough to smoke some more of that intense crack..

I stole the moon leavin' you an empty eclipse
    Ya brain rips a cavernous hole, occupyin ya soul

this last part i'm a little unsure of, i think Kevlaar is again coming out from behind the curtain and sayin how he just blew our minds with the crazy crackhead verse...i could be totally wrong

Signifyin' you dyin or ?signin'? kneading your dome
    I'm the reason ya homies have to be speakin in codes
    I explode outcomes, lungs and atoms are blown

same as previous comment

the Streets is My Home, cuz i need to be sold

this last line actually makes me re-think the entire verse....and if what i'm thinking is right, then it just makes the verse THAT MUCH MORE AWESOME: he could possibly be playin' the park of crack or cocaine or some other drug the whole time..
    in other words, the entire verse might be from the perspective--NOT of the person taking the drugs--but of the drug itself...
    i could be wrong but either way this is cool..

after Kev's verse there's a little clip discussing the 80s crack epidemic and how it "virtually devastated a generation"...a nice conclusion to the verse we just looked into...(and we'll see the same at the end of Bronze's verse)

next up is Bronze Nazareth, after Kevlaar has been wearing the mask of a crackhead (or crack rocks?) Bronze is now spittin' from the perspective of a bum on the streets...i freakin' LOVE this verse..

but again, there's alotta stuff that i'm not catching at all...

Verse Two
    Bronze Nazareth

The park bench is my bed, breathe the dark stench of the lead--

these type of verses--from both cats---are so poetic to me...i can imagine ppl on stage wearin' the clothes of the part and speaking these lines in a theatre or something....

he's living in the city, outside on a bench sleepin every night and constantly breathin in the polluted city air

--in the city air, my 16th pair of donated shoes
    the blow made me snooze, no dough for daily booze

i think 'the blow made me snooze' is a short line trying to sum up how his life got like this...

In God's Kitchen soup meals, who fields is dead?

^^this one escapes me for the most part...'God's Kitchen' might be a play on the NYC neighborhood Hell's Kitchen but it might also just be referring to the public kitchen thingys they have around the city for bums to come and have 'soup meals'....don't know what the second part means..[one site says the second part could be 'who feels he's dead?' and maybe it's like he's asking everyone in the soup kitchen]

Who real enough to sleep with cardboard over his head?
    When it rains, i shower, the bottle's always my best friend

A life of lonely travels wherever i lay my hat
    wherever the day be at, I always got darkened clouds--

describing the always hard life of a street bum..

--even when it's sunlight
    My son might be graduatin', ain't seen him since '86 his Rick Russell alligators
    are balanced on several layers,
    amongst candles and prayers
    the devil glares in my face in my night-mares!

he's a homeless guy who hasn't seen his son in years....he thinks his son is probably about the age where he would be graduating school and then the Rick Russell alligators part is confusing...
    i think it's referring to a kind of shoe, and that "Bum Bronze" has saved his son's shoes and made a little sort of shrine with them along with candles and prayers next to his cardboard box that he lives in....once again, this could be completely (embarrassingly) off..

Remember facing M-16s for my nation's army
    Now I'm facing the clerk, at the Salvation Army

he fought in war for the country, facing enemies guns but now he's got nothing--NO SUPPORT FROM THE COUNTRY HE DEFENDED---and he's at the Salvation Army tryin' to pick up clothes or whatever...

I asked God why I always had walked alone,
    no answer so there's no heaven, the Streets is My Home

there's been a few times where Bronze has loosely referenced in his verses an old parable where a person has a dream in which they're walking on the beach next to God and viewing all the scenes from their life in the sky and then they look back and see sometimes there's only one set of footprints in the sand and it's cuz those were the hard times in life when God carried him...(Sinuhe's Impasse: "that one set of footprints, i probly DID walk alone")

it's a pretty deep parable i think and for me personally Bronze's outlook on it seems to hit ever deeper...in this situation, he's fictionally representing a homeless man who's had a life of hardships and realized he's been going at it alone the whole time and his frustrated response at the very end is that "there's no heaven!!"....i think it's a beautiful ending
    Last edited by the silencer; 09-29-2008 at 07:33 PM.