• 3 - Weak

2 4.26%
  • 2 - Weaker

0 0%
  • 1 - Wack

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T.H.U.G. Angelz - Welcome To Red Hook Houses

Renaissance child, yes. Razah's Ladder & Book Of Shabazz, No.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

It's Hollow's Turn...

01. Cab Ride Opening
    This is a funny opening actually. 40 $ for a cab ride? I don't think Cappa charged that much. Anyways when the beat drops Hell Razah sets it off crazy, you can tell these cats are real hungry, the beat is a banger and it's real hard. I like how they are sticking to the title of the album and they are bringing you to Red Hook Houses. 4.5/5
    02. Welcome To Red Hook Houses
    This is one of my favorite joints off the album right here, the beat is perfect and real hard, I love the hook and Shabazz just comes in and murks the track, I really don't have anything else to say, Hell Razah comes in and cleans up the mess Shabazz just made when he killed it, I love the hood love in the track, makes you want to take a visit. 5/5
    03. Jail Saga
    The first solo on the album by Shabazz, the beat is right and Shabazz just does what he's great at which is storytelling, gives you a great description of the hood life, just know what you bout to get yourself into, the hook is correct aswell. 4/5
    04. The Orbituary (E.B.G.G.)
    You can tell this is a Bronze beat as soon as it drops, it's soooo slow, this song starts off the three part drag in the album. The beat is cool, and this is better than most tribute tracks, so I'll give them credit for that, they are pouring their hearts out on the track, keeping it real. 3.5/5
    05. My Brother's Keeper
    So are you wondering like myself who are they talking about? We'll find out soon, but I have a clue. Anyways the beat is slow aswell, but better than the previous one, they obviously talk about their feelings about certain situations and bring them to the table. You can hear anger and frustration....Verse by Razah is pretty old though. 4/5
    06. Gang Love
    This joint is ok, I can see that they really are trying to start a revolution, Shabazz takes this one In My Opinion, he really just goes in, calling out all those gangs (Cops, P.O's etc...), Razah came correct aswell. Another slow track, but with a faster pace...3.5/5
    07. South Brooklyn (The Anthem)
    Ok here's where the album picks back up, the beat is sooo raw and flames. They both came hard on here, I couldn't tell you who came harder, my favorite verse is....
    We putting heaters to they face, and give 'em some sideburns
    And got they shine on, now it be our turn
    He just a clone from a sample of my sperm
    These old rappers washed up and they got worms
    That's my word, when that slider and served
    I'm Babe Ruth in the booth, knock it out of the 'burbs
    Have you heard? Razah and Bazz emerge
    Counting euro's in Hamburgh, Germany dough
    You too big, you get sent to the infarmary flow
    You be the type that be calling C.O., I turn prisoners to G.G.O.
    Tune in, wanna see my show? We be another bracket, straight jacket flow
    Ya'll niggas better play more D, and get a point guard
    I got plenty of bars, that will annoint ya'll
    Head nodding with shame, and disappoint ya'll
    I'm trying to turn these rhymes into a black card
    You know power, respect, pussy and fast cars
    Without loyalty, you ain't making it that far
    They try to bury a star, inside a graveyard
    But when I die on this earth, I'm out the universe...
    5/5
    08. Audiobiography [Remix]
    I'm not gonna rereview this track, if your a fan of my reviews than you already know how I feel about this joint right here, i think the beat on this joint is mad nice, but the original one hits me more. 4.5/5
    09. Apt.7G (Blacksmiths)
    A Hell Razah solo right here, joint is kinda slow and I'm not really all into it. He spits jems, but it something about it that turns me off. Not Hot, but not wack either. 3.5/5
    10. The Visit [f/ 7th Ambassador]
    This joint right here, is ok, but where are the bangers at? What I like about this track is the love they show for their peoples on here, I respect that, this joint is real. 3.5/5
    11. Under The Wing
    If You are a Hell Razah fan you've already heard this track 1,000 times already, Hell Razah just kills this shit, he went in on here, the only difference is the added Shabazz verse which is mad dope aswell, HE DID NOT disappoint, flowed on this joint mad nice, beat is pure heat aswell, smooth but a banger. 4.5/5
    12. Confessions of a T.H.U.G. Angel (Closing)
    Beat is hot but this isn't really a track.
    13. 144,000
    I like the sample on this joint, you can tell they going to war or should I say already at war, they just slaughter this joint, the beat is a banger and they both go in on here, what more could you ask for, they delivered the heat. 4/5

Beats - 4/5
    Lyrics - 4.5/5
    Overall - 4/5

This is a pretty solid release, the beats are banging, but some kinda of don't and you want to hear some head bangers after the opening tracks, I think they lacked in that department, the lyrics are some of the best I've heard in a long time, if this is only the prequel imagine the album.....****Overall 4/5****
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 11-30-2008 at 11:40 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

This album is really dope. Absolutely a must own for true heads. Almost on par with Renaissance Child from last year. I would say it is on par with Razah's Ladder (which was also great). Shabazz & Razah brought their A-game for sure.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

So is this album comprised of all new songs, or are there older songs on it also?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Only one old joint. (Under the wing)
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I just my ordered copy today, so listened to about 4 or 5 times already. It has definitely bangin tracks, Razah and Bazz are murderous together. The only thing is that, i havent really heard Bazz go off like he did on Gravediggaz or some of his other tracks. I also didnt really think they needed to remix autobiography.

Other then that, which is easy enough to get over this cd was needed in the collection

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
    I just my ordered copy today, so listened to about 4 or 5 times already. It has definitely bangin tracks, Razah and Bazz are murderous together. The only thing is that, i havent really heard Bazz go off like he did on Gravediggaz or some of his other tracks. I also didnt really think they needed to remix autobiography.

Other then that, which is easy enough to get over this cd was needed in the collection
    yeah bronze they didn't need to remake or remix rather autobiography but i think Razah is on top his game man Bazz i wish came harder but they both spit to a level that i've heard few cats do over the last few years and that's stay consistant throughout the records man still haven't been able to find this locally so i'm gonna have to order it either off amazon or chambermusik

Top 10 of 2008; The best wu-affiliated album of the year...and it's just a prequel. The only track I wasn't feeling was Gang Love.

Top 5: Welcome To Red Hook Houses, Jail Saga, The Obituary (E.B.G.G.), My Brother's Keeper, Under The Wing

Grade: (4/5) A-

wuswordz95

i listen to the ALBUM ata record store. since im short oon cash i dont know what to buy thug angels or the new gza

^^^ thug angelz has more replay value imo.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    yeah bronze they didn't need to remake or remix rather autobiography but i think Razah is on top his game man Bazz i wish came harder but they both spit to a level that i've heard few cats do over the last few years and that's stay consistant throughout the records man still haven't been able to find this locally so i'm gonna have to order it either off amazon or chambermusik
    BSBD did the remake, and the original

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wuswordz95 View Post
    i listen to the ALBUM ata record store. since im short oon cash i dont know what to buy thug angels or the new gza
    GZA for sure! Album is 10x better!

P.E.A.C.E.

Son of the Egyptian Blood

Great LP, too bad the distro sucks for the release. Fuck Babygrande.

FRESH FISH

i be banging the hell outta this shit. 9 and 10 are the only tracks i cant vibe with. Gang love is my shit though. thats a real tough hook. i generally thing Bazz came better on the album, but i wasnt dissapointed with Razah at all. i also didnt like the remixed beat to "audiobiography" at first. but it grew on my to be one of my favorite beats on the album. it definitely makes me want to hear there new shit.
    "karma hits like justice but without the satisfaction" - HADEZ the human torch

"I don’t live in that world. And it’s not that I don’t live in the present, it’s just that I don’t fuck with that part of the present state of Hip Hop. Dudes started doing this thing for money instead of the love of Hip Hop, and I don’t fuck with them cats." - Kool G. Rap

Pretty dull album. Yeah its all solid enough, but nothing stands out too much. Razah and Shabbaz are pretty dope, but the production is pretty thin, and doesnt offer much replay value.