Snoop Dogg will be performing and serving as an executive producer on an upcoming compilation which remixes various hits by the late country singer Johnny Cash.

The compilation, titled Johnny Cash Remixed, fuses the country singer's hits with various genres including hip-hop and dance music

With assistance from DJ Quik and Teddy Riley, Snoop remixed Cash's hit "Walk The Line." Other artists featured on the project include Pete Rock, Philip Steir and Sonny J, among others.

"My father made his stead by defying the expected and accepted way of things," said Cash's son (John Carter Cash) via a statement. "He set the standard at the same time. He would have loved this remix record. While it stays true to the original recordings, this CD touches on undiscovered ground. This is what my father was about: staying true to tradition while creating groundbreaking new music."

John Carter Cash and Beyonce's father (Matthew Knowles) also serve as executive producers on the compilation.

Johnny Cash Remixed will hit shelves on October 14th via Comprade Records. A vinyl deluxe-edition of the compilation will be released on September 23rd in select independent record stores.

A documentary about the making of the compilation is currently in production and will feature an interview with Snoop at the Cash Recording Cabin in Hendersonville, Tennessee.

This marks the second time that Snoop has dabbled with country music. The Los Angeles rapper dedicated a song to Cash called "My Medicine" on his recent album titled Ego Trippin'. The video for the song featured a cameo from country singer Willie Nelson.
http://www.streethop.com/rapnews/133...-classics.html