Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nas: "I Think Kanye West Saved Rap"

Default Nas: "I Think Kanye West Saved Rap"

Nas is the rapper who said "Hip Hop Is Dead" a couple years back, but according to him, someone has saved it.

In a recent interview with Complex, the Queensbridge rapper said he thinks Kanye West has saved the genre.

"I think Kanye West saved rap. I think Lil Wayne is showing there is a future for all kinds of artists to continue doing this. You know, I love it," Nas said.

So if the genre is no longer dead, who still gets Nas excited when he hears them? Kanye, Outkast, and Eminem.

He later touched on the issue with his the controversial title he chose for his upcoming album -- which was later changed from N***** to Untitled -- and said if had had it to do over, he wouldn't.

"I think the Hip Hop Is Dead and the N***** album, they were for that time. People may think it's a controversial title, but it's really what I'm feeling," he told the mag. "I'm not going to make the title less controversial because it's going to offend people."

The interview took place during a Kanye-esque photo-shoot for the magazine, and while it's not usually Nas' style, he had fun with it.

"That's not how I dress, but for a magazine spread, it's out there to be fun," explained Nas. "I always do what I do, so I just wanted to change it up a little bit. Get people talking s***, so it's cool."

Nas' upcoming Untitled album hits stores July 15.
    http://www.streethop.com/rapnews/133...saved-rap.html

Agree or disagree. Did Kanye saved Hip-Hop?

I think Nas saved a hoe

^LOL.

For real though, this guy released HHID AFTER Kanye had already released a couple albums.... and in my opinion, Kanye's albums have been getting worse (at least his latest one). How's he gonna fall back all of a sudden to 3 years before HHID and now say that Kanye might have saved Hip Hop.

NO INDIVIDUAL CAN MAKE OR BREAK AN ENTIRE GENRE... BOTTOM LINE.

"..Used to be an Atheist until I learned my true potential.."

www.myspace.com/maxmunchmusic
    www.soundclick.com/maxmunch

-

Nas is retarded for saying Kanye saved rap. Kanye can't even rap LOL. Nas is only liking Kanye, Outkast, Eminem at the moment? Hahahahahaha.

Some of kanye West's tracks get be deep and meaningful

'Nas' really says some shit as of late, I've always labeled the man a fraude and he Is.

SikoCeLL

To be fair.. Kanye hasn't released one bad album yet. All 3 of his albums are pretty dope.

Veteran Member

I agree.

Kanye is one of the top 6 producers ever.

Damn right.

Father of Brooklyn

we as fans are the one saving Hip-Hop by bying "real hip-hop albums" and attending shows and things of that nature but i will say Kanye is one of the only mainstreem artists that i listen 2

Kayne's voice is irritating like a whiny girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by SikoCeLL View Post
    To be fair.. Kanye hasn't released one bad album yet. All 3 of his albums are pretty dope.
    in your opinion, my opinion is that if we took the best songs from all his album we would'nt even get a full length album out of it

Quote Originally Posted by -The A to the Z- View Post
    I agree.

Kanye is one of the top 6 producers ever.

Damn right.
    again, in your opinion, my opinion is he aint, he can be good at times, but his cockyness is also his gayness, but again its all opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street View Post
    we as fans are the one saving Hip-Hop by bying "real hip-hop albums" and attending shows and things of that nature but i will say Kanye is one of the only mainstreem artists that i listen 2
    i just said near enough the same thing in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Kayne's voice is irritating like a whiny girlfriend.
    the cockyness & gayness in his voice makes me want to beat him up and do an American History X bite the kerb move on him

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Nas is retarded for saying Kanye saved rap. Kanye can't even rap LOL. Nas is only liking Kanye, Outkast, Eminem at the moment? Hahahahahaha.
    of course he can rap, anyone can rap, i mean fuckin hell we got Weezy & Souljah Boy, it's a case of whether or not he can rap good.

personally i think Kanye is overrated and Nas is losing his marbles, conciousness is good, but i just think he's being over concious, like its what hip hop needs, and it is what it needs, but he sounds like he's doing it for the sake of doing it & cos he knows it'll cause a stir, you want concious rap ?? bring Public Enemy, Krs One & Rakim back to the forefront.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

I think when Nas says Kanye saved hip hop hes talking more so about his production...I really do believe Kanye is the Premo of this generation.. And im not just talking about his own albums but the work he's done for other artists.

Say what you wanna say about his rapping...but I don't understand how someone can not give him credit for some of ridiculous beats he's made over the years...and he just keeps taking his production to new levels..There's no doubt in my mind he will go down as a top 5 producer of all-time

apparently having someone write ur rhymes is Jesusesque.

im smellin a lot of hate in here.

KANYE>>>>NAS

"CREAM PUFF NIGGA I NEED YOU, SO THEY CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU"

agree with nas...