Thread: "Midnight Mauraders" appreciation thread..

Default "Midnight Mauraders" appreciation thread..

You really gotta give it up for this album, which for me is the best out of Tribe Called Quest's joints and still stands tall.. Q-Tip and Phife really blesses the mic and the beats is sooo fucking jazzy and smooth plus that really ill bass is all over the place. It's real hard to not move to this!

Choice cuts: "8 Million Stories", "Steve Biko", "Lyrics to Go", "Midnight" ...aah fuck it the whole joint is right.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

'Section 9'

Word ^

Fourth best hip hop album for me.

My choice cuts would be - Steve Biko, Award Tour and God Lives Through

But all the songs are real real tight. As I said, the definition of a classic album. Nice, smooth beats, ill rhymes and wordplay, and crazy bass.

Veteran Member

One of the first albums I got into when I got into Hip-Hop.

Not sure anymore whether this or Low End Theory is better though...

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

One of the few rare hip-hop albums with no wasted space. Top-notch lyricism, and especially music, from first to last second. I'd say it's crowning achievement of jazz-rap of early 90's.

It is true that Q-Tip wasn't as experimentally oriented as on "People's Instinctive Travels" and "Low End Theory", but that made for a more solid listen. Really, album is flawless. And trust me, play it only at night, it works best when strolling around after the sun goes down.

Choice cuts... Ungh... Well, my favorite is Electric Relaxation (I have it as the ringtone). But the whole album is excellent, I can't pick any track without doing injustice to other 12.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

i have always had a battle in my mind as to whether or not this album is better than Low End Theory and on 364 days of the year i'd probably pick Low End Theory but every time i actually bump this album start to finish i question my judgement

Midnight Mauraders to me is a staple in hip hop history.

to put it simply, this album is fucking SICK
    "We accept tires" - Cappadonna

Just a fuckin amazing album from start to finish. Im gonna bump this as soon as i get home. A classic in every sense of the word, and i dont like to throw that word around lightly.

As for which is better this or Low End Theory?

Personally i prefer Low End Theory, Q-Tip and Phife Dawg were at the top of their game there. The beats on Midnight Marauders are a little more accesible i think, and are even jazzier, but lyrically Low End Theory takes it

Low End Theory for me but this is a classic fo sho. Its got all the cuts on it.