Thread: Rock The Bells Toronto 08

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Default Rock The Bells Toronto 08

the venue was unreal......thats all i have to say, my ears are still ringing....meth and red killed it....whats did you all think about the show?......

Cold Bottles of Becks Tonystarks420's Avatar

didnt go....wish i did. i went to wakestock instead with the rza and gza headling which was insane

how was arrow hall? was it indoors. who else played?

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

yea it was indoors, and the hot as hell.... de la sould came through and performed a good set, murs killed it, rakim was their but the soundman was fucking his shit up so he left mad early,nas was, meth and red and street, tribe callled quest.... its was dope, but the venue should have been outside...

Hard to breathe towards the end in the indoor venue but it was a rainy day so I cant be too mad.

It was pretty fucking awesome despite frequent sound problems.

Kids in the Hall and The Cool Kids were a bit meh, supernatural and scratch saved the day alot of times and were more entertaining than a majority of the acts in the first half.

Then Jay Electronica was experiencing sound probs during his set and threw his mic into the audience, I have to say he was a lazy performer, he even got dissed by the audience during the tribe show when he got shouted out lol.

Murs was dope, he played what i wanted to hear ( walk like a man, Pain, and other jems) and had a very good stage presence, id have to say i have more respect for him because he was cool as shit and very gracious when he was on stage.

De La Soul was great! Pharcyde was dope but the sound mix was terrible, I couldnt even really hear a couple of them.

Rakims set was pretty much ruined by the fact that there were constant technical difficulties (rakim almost walked off twice!).

Mos Def was the worst id say, half of his set he wasnt doing anything but playing reggae tunes and dancing to them and just dicking around pretty much. He let this madlib beat play out for like 10 minutes while he just danced to it after his one verse on it.

Methodman and Redman absolutely killed it, id put them just under a Busta rhymes show when it comes to rocking the stage.

Last But Not least TRIBE!!! Q-Tip came out solo for like a half hour and i was already thinking that phife and the rest of the group werent even there because he was doing a few tribe songs by himself but they came out to the intro from midnight marauders... they were awesome. It tripped me out because when I saw them 2 years ago phife was really fat but now hes really tiny.

Cold Bottles of Becks Tonystarks420's Avatar

ahah sickk i wish i had went

well at least i got to see a couple members of the wu this summer lol its all good

mos def killed it buddy, i had to login just to tell you that. him with qtip were fuckin sweet together. and i totally loved that madlib shit and am defiantly buying that cd. the sound did kinda suck but it was still a grimey concert. never seen nas live he was really fucking good. http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/perrow/ - > the first bunch are pictures than theres some videos. the rest is some other concerts and pictures i got from a photographer.

dude barely performed during his set, he just danced around. Im a fan of his but he really let me down with that show.