Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T.H.U.G. Angelz or Almighty

Default T.H.U.G. Angelz or Almighty

Which album do you like more? I dunno is something wrong with me but I think that Almighty's album disappointed me. I was expecting something like The Great Migration from the beats and they are only good in my opinion not bangin I'm hungry for beats like Bronzeman. Lyrics are dope I love Dead Flowers, Obey (probably my fav' track), Handle The Heights, Killa Bee Swarm and Planet In Peril I can listen to this tracks again and again... When it comes to T.H.U.G. Angelz my expectations weren't that big I mean all I wanted from Shabazz and Hell Razah was a solid album and they've released some serious shit... I love that album too bad there are only 13 tracks... Beats are dope lyrics always on point, what more can I say it is in my TOP 10 this year. What about you?

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Both are really great, but I like Almighty a bit more....endless soul sampling is just..u know
    bring back begongo!!

I'm going with the T.H.U.G. Angelz shit as well. There was some bangers on the Almighty, but overall it wasn't all too great to me. T.H.U.G. Angelz is on non-stop repeat mode still.

P.E.A.C.E.

Cuttin Headz

yea that thug angelz is real nice, could end up bein one of the best albums of the year

both albums are on the top-10 list of the year for me and I think they are pretty equal in strenght. I always had a thing for posse cuts (that was one of my main attractions to the Wu) and Almighty has at least 3-4 MC's on almost every song. IMO, it's much better than "Great Migration" but to each his own of course..

Thug Angelz is nice as hell too, I wouldn't say that the 13-tracks shortness is a flaw though - that just erasing any filler that might have appeared otherwise. It's short but explosive and Bazz is one of my favorites and Razah really stepped up lately.

can't choose just yet!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

i go with both, its too early to choose for me although...
    razah is the bonb as always, but priest n bronze come thru as well... both albums got "good" and some "not bad" beats, so..its a par actually

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i've been bumpin Almighty non-stop since Thursday and i love it but i still haven't heard THUG Angelz...it should be coming in the mail (with my real copy of Almighty) in the next couple days..

and i think you're askin a bit much for the Almighty album to sound like TGM, it's a group of 6 cats and plus M80 seemed to want to give a few producers some shine too.....so it's alot more ppl coming together to try to create an album, with TGM it was Bronze all the way..

that's not to take anything away from the album tho, the beats are mostly flames (Preservation brought fire and Bronze just owns it) and the highlight of the album is the lyricism....give it a few close listens before judging it

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    and i think you're askin a bit much for the Almighty album to sound like TGM, it's a group of 6 cats and plus M80 seemed to want to give a few producers some shine too.....so it's alot more ppl coming together to try to create an album, with TGM it was Bronze all the way..

that's not to take anything away from the album tho, the beats are mostly flames (Preservation brought fire and Bronze just owns it) and the highlight of the album is the lyricism....give it a few close listens before judging it
    maybe you're right, maybe it will grow on me

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

The Almighty

More Emcees suits me more...

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

soon as i stood up from my computer i noticed i had a package from Amazon...

i got my THUG Angelz AND they actually gave me Almighty a day early...

amazon rules

expect some long-ass reviews of both albums from me some time this week

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    amazon rules
    I keep tellin ppl.

some don't even know amazon.

almighty,

i only liked 4 tracks on thug angels.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Almighty.

Cuz of Priest..nah I'm playing.

Honestly I like both..but Almighty has more emcees and C-Rayz ripped every track he was on..and plus M-80 really did good job on the project.

WTRHH..is good too...I'm not hating on it.

Quote Originally Posted by The GFX View Post
    I keep tellin ppl.

some don't even know amazon.
    ill sig

'Section 9'

I heard both albums...

I give Almighty 10/10, and Red Hook Houses 9/10

I'll boldly say Almighty is the album of the year. Has the best track of the year.

Just ungodly

"I require what is called mechanical energy and the universe should quickly sit down and pull my throne, holmes, before power leaves the universe in one blast, blown"