Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hip Hop Flashbacks: Ice Cube

Banned

Default Hip Hop Flashbacks: Ice Cube

i'm dedicating these flashback series to rappers who used to be mad dope fresh but have fallen off the radar/makin wackness these days ... nobody fits this bill more than ice cube ... in my top 5 favourite music acts of all time and his more recent shit is just making me cry how he used to be so dope - even when he wasn't on the political shit - to being nothing but wackness ...

here's to cube:

Who's The Mack

Jackin For Beats

Steady Mobbin

How To Survive In South Central

Us

Wicked

Now I Gotta Wet Cha

The Predator

Check Yo Self

It Was A Good Day

You Know How We Do

could post many more but there's enough there ... The Predator is my favourite album of his and lethal injection is the last one he made that was good ... dude will never come back like this ... RIP
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

VZA

Fuckin family movies....

Banned

the fuck you on about?

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

About Cube putting more energy in making family movies than rapping.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Shaolin Master

Cube's Death Certificate is still in my top ten albums of all time, but he has certainly fallen off.

Banned

death certificate was dope and no vaseline is IMO the best diss ever ... but predator is my shit ... constant rotation 16 years after it came out

i don't expect cube to come out and try some amerikkkaz most wanted shit ... coz times change but damn laugh now, cry later and the 2 war and peace's are nothing but door stops ... catalogue destroyers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    About Cube putting more energy in making family movies than rapping.
    bah he fell off way before then anyway ...

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

fell off?

his last album was sick and his new one is shaping up to be good too

plus First Sunday was pretty damn funny

fucking haters want dude to be pissed off his whole life
    "We accept tires" - Cappadonna

Banned

laugh now cry later was sick ?? ... i WAS laughing then and i'm crying now shit was horrible ...

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

U say he's wack now? Aight, his last album wasn't that good but it was still aight, but his latest street single Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It, was dope dunn.

If you want the old Ice Cube to come back, you betta wait till Raw Footage drops.

By the way, I saw him live last friday, and his live performances are still dope. So are Dub-C's live performances.

Banned

see how he goes with raw footage but after that song that was floatin around here i've lost faith in him

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

-

LOL@Ice Cube hahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah he's wack now. War And Peace volume 1 and volume 2 albums suck and Laugh Now Cry Later album sucks. What a shame he can't make good albums anymore but he's a legend. Tonearm Terrorwrist, remember Ice Cube's Pushin Weight song on War disc? Yeah yeah i push rhymes like weight, i push rhymes like weight, yeah yeah hahahahahahahahahahaha. What is that? Yeah yeah? LOL. Then he has wack ass Mr Short Khop rapping on that song. I laughed when i heard him rap LOL. I remember he had a video for Fuck Dying with rock group Korn from War disc and he had on a purple suit in the video LOL. Why is he collaborating with a rock group anyway? Remember his wack gay song You Can Do It on Next Friday soundtrack? LOL. What happened to the hardcore Ice Cube that was always dissing racist white people and dissing ignorant blacks? I think Amerikka's Most Wanted and Death Certificate are his best albums. The Predator was decent and Lethal Injection sucked to me. He had a few good songs on there. I got his videos dvd. LOL@DJ Pooh wearing a red outfit in Be True To The Game video and dancing like a clown hahahahahahahahahaha. DJ Pooh is silly. I gotta give props to Ice Cube for directing a classic movie The Players Club. I love that movie. Bernie Mac, Faizon Love, Jamie Foxx, AJ Johnson had me laughing. LisaRaye looked so hot in that film and i've been hooked on her ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    LOL@Ice Cube hahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah he's wack now. War And Peace volume 1 and volume 2 albums suck and Laugh Now Cry Later album sucks. What a shame he can't make good albums anymore but he's a legend. Tonearm Terrorwrist, remember Ice Cube's Pushin Weight song on War disc? Yeah yeah i push rhymes like weight, i push rhymes like weight, yeah yeah hahahahahahahahahahaha. What is that? Yeah yeah? LOL. Then he has wack ass Mr Short Khop rapping on that song. I laughed when i heard him rap LOL. I remember he had a video for Fuck Dying with rock group Korn from War disc and he had on a purple suit in the video LOL. Why is he collaborating with a rock group anyway? Remember his wack gay song You Can Do It on Next Friday soundtrack? LOL. What happened to the hardcore Ice Cube that was always dissing racist white people and dissing ignorant blacks? I think Amerikka's Most Wanted and Death Certificate are his best albums. The Predator was decent and Lethal Injection sucked to me. He had a few good songs on there. I got his videos dvd. LOL@DJ Pooh wearing a red outfit in Be True To The Game video and dancing like a clown hahahahahahahahahaha. DJ Pooh is silly. I gotta give props to Ice Cube for directing a classic movie The Players Club. I love that movie. Bernie Mac, Faizon Love, Jamie Foxx, AJ Johnson had me laughing. LisaRaye looked so hot in that film and i've been hooked on her ever since.
    that you can do it song was in Save the Last Dance...that shitty movie with that ugly white girl and a hardcore Fredro Starr

what happened to the hardcore ice cube hating all the time? uh let's see....he grew the fuck up, like most people do at THRITY

sounds to me like....to quote Nas on his brilliant new release....
    "You know these colored folks and Negros hate to see on of they own succeeding"
    Last edited by buckshotstheone; 07-23-2008 at 04:00 PM.
    "We accept tires" - Cappadonna

-

I don't think Julia Stiles is ugly. Bianca Lawson who was Sean Patrick Thomas's ex girlfriend in Save The Last Dance is better looking than Julia. My girl Kerry Washington was in Save The Last Dance too as Sean's sister. She was so hot in Chris Rock's I Think I Love My Wife movie. Anyway getting back to the topic, Ice Cube's music is wack now and his new album is gonna suck. I'm not feeling Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It song.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
    what happened to the hardcore ice cube hating all the time? uh let's see....he grew the fuck up, like most people do at THRITY

sounds to me like....to quote Nas on his brilliant new release....
    "You know these colored folks and Negros hate to see on of they own succeeding"
    no one is saying they want every cube cd to be like amerikkaz most wanted ... but he's proven before he can still be dope without the political shit and he just doesn't bring it in anymore ... laugh now cry later was such a snooze fest ... i won't lie though i'm still going to check for his new one next month and i hope to god that he does bring the fire because he's one of my all time favourites but you can't deny he hasn't done anything good for a long time

and you can do it was in save the last dance? i only saw it once when it came out but it was released on next friday too ... cash in on it's popularity

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I saw ice cube last friday.. doing all his dope stuff..

the predator is definately my favorite album by Cube..

but dude fell off big time... his last album and "gangsta rap made me do it" aren't that great IMO...

"it takes a nation" was very nice though.. i'll have to wait till i hear "raw footage"
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...