Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dre says "Detox" is as good as finnished (+ Nas, Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne)..

Default Dre says "Detox" is as good as finnished (+ Nas, Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne)..

article from usatoday.com:

The wait for Detox is almost over. Dr. Dre says his long-anticipated third solo album is starting to take shape in the studio and could arrive before the end of the year.

"I'm just now — over the last couple of months — starting to feel that it's going to be right and it's something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love it," says Dr. Dre (aka Andre Young). "In a perfect world, I'm shooting for a November or December release."

If that happens, it will come nine years after his six-times-platinum 2001, which was itself a long-awaited follow-up to his revered 1992 debut, The Chronic That album's bass-fueled G Funk sound dominated rap for years and propelled Snoop Dogg to superstardom. Both albums raised the bar for hip-hop production values.

"I've never set out to do that," says Dre, 43. "I just make the music feel the way I want it to feel and I don't put it out until I'm totally happy with it. Then it does what it does."

Expectations for the album are high, thanks to Dre's pedigree and perfectionist reputation, says Chuck Creekmur, co-founder of the music news site allhiphop.com.

"He's a master of crafting a complete album, which is rare these days with everything being singles-driven," Creekmur says. "We've been waiting on this almost a decade, and that ridiculous level of anticipation will translate saleswise. It would be on par with Lil Wayne (whose Tha Carter III recently sold 1 million copies its first week out), if not more."

Detox has been the subject of speculation since Dre first hinted at the project in 2002. He has been working on the album, which will be released on his Aftermath/Interscope Records label, on and off for four years. He says he has assembled a new crew of musicians, and the beats will be heavily driven by live drums. "We have an entirely new thing going with the drums that's incredible, and we're still developing that." All "the usual suspects" will make guest appearances, including Nas, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne.

As long as the wait for the upcoming album has been, Dre says it'll be even longer before there's another one. "I'm going to put this record out, promote it, tour and then become a hermit. I'm going to stay in the studio and produce."

But he says he isn't interested in producing albums for established artists. Dre, who previously helped launch Eminem and 50 Cent, says his goal is to find who's next.

"All I want to do is sit in the studio with that person for a year and try to create another masterpiece."

SOURCE: http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/n...x_N.htm?csp=34

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Get Lil Wayne of the album, you idiot!

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Im just wondering if both 50 and Game are gonna be on the album.

I know that both of them already recorded there verses, just gotta see what Dre uses..

Also seems like Bishop Lamont is gonna play the role of Hittman on this album..

I wish wayne, jay-z and nas weren't on this.. wheres the west coast?

PRODIGAL SUN

This article is ** BULLSHIT **. Andre is just talking now to promote his stupid fucking headphones. Dre is a steroid poisoned asshole (Joell Ortiz anyone?) but he's not dumb, and he's used to playing niggas; now add USA Today to the list.

I'll bet 100 pairs Andre Young Headphones this shit doesn't come out in 2008; takers?

weezy..........

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by iammzac View Post
    I wish wayne, jay-z and nas weren't on this.. wheres the west coast?
    u wish jayz wasent on this ? are u fuken stupid
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg

no way this cd is coming out in 2008

Shaolin Master

I'm not hyped by this no matter when it comes out. Dre has been boring for some time now. Chronic 2001 was way overrated. His beats just aren't what they used to be.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    YOU LOSE HATER!! hahahhahahaaa

Wayne's taking over the world, you better get used to it or go listen to another genre or something.

whatever.... i dont even care no more.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Lil Wayne, Nas, and Jay-z over Dre beats?

Sounds good to me!

Looks like once again he's gonna take hip hop production to another level just like he did with Chronic 2001.

And for all of you that say this should be a strictly west coast album...what about Eminem? He ain't from the west coast and he spit FIREEE on Chronic 2001

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post

Wayne's taking over the world, you better get used to it or go listen to another genre or something.
    No way.

He's a hype.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post

he still sucks cracker balls
    bring back begongo!!