Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some beats

Default some beats

hey heres some of my beats let me know what u think link in the signiture.

Default Re: some beats

I've hear your stuff and I gotta say that it sounds quite nice!

Beat 1: reminded me of Prodigy - Daimonds. Is it the same sample? Anyway this beat has a nice vibe going. I like the layered style of the beat. The drum pattern is a bit dull, but again, nice work!

Beat 2: this beat is kinda like eastern music meets western music; the eastern style percussion and roaring guitars. Very original sounding beat. Drums are better on this one.

Beat 3: nice sample! the bassline sounds a bit off to me though, not in tune with the rest. I like the switch up near the end to the softer melody. Great atmosphere here.

Beat 4: banging beats! not to sure about using the JMT sample though (haven't heard the original). I like originality and not recycling other peoples material. Anyway it sounds quite good.

Beat 5: again you used a JMT sample (from the violent by design album, can't remember the track name), it is a nice sample, but please keep it original (just my opinion). Drums quite nice on this also.

Bottom line: it is hard to judge your beats from low quality sounds, but they sound ok to me! It sounds like you are very much into creating true soundscapes with their own atmosphere. Some of your beats are quite complex and I like that. That's creativity. However, some of the sample choices are not that original, because they were used before by other artists. But other then that I liked what I heard. Keep it up!

Veteran Member

Nice beats darkside. havent heard your shit in a while. The jmt beats are ill to. their flipped different so they are ill. You made me throw on violent by design for the first time in a long time.

Stampede

yo darkman, hows it been goin,

great beats as usual, i just started bucklin down with my mpc so im gonna start postin beats soon, finnally startin to get the hang of it haha.

peace

Hmmm it's good to listen new darkside beats.

"through many eyes" is a really nice work. Very sad. I love this beat.

"operation undercover" original sound with fucking fat drums. Not my kind of beats but interesting.

Hmmmm I love the drums of "new problems". Fucking good work on it. Nice atmosphere; a solid beat no doubt.

"i know"...arg this melody. I love this sample. Your drums are...BANGING!!!!

"the day the stars fell" is really nice too. Good voice sample.

Very solid beats. A real style.

PEACE

Sup man nice beats I like em

i like that i know track a lot...never heard jedi's version but i like how it will go in reverse for a second and everything
    but really every track was pretty well done and everything so i gotta give ya some big props
    peace

thanks for all the feedback people much appreciated

prisma i don't think that is the same sample as the diamonds track they sound kinda similar but mine has more weird sounds happening....as for the jmt samples the ''i know'' track was made as a request to someone and ''the day the stars fell'' was made for a competion using the retaliation sample also i can appreciate what u said about being original as thats what i love in beats as well.

these beats is decent

"E E Even if i stutter i'ma Still Come Off"

thanks

"New Problems and I Know" Are dope.

its been a while since i heard your beats. I like your style a lot. A lot of samples and changeups makes your beats interesting and never repeating.

through many eyes: love this one. The change up is cool and the bassline is banging. My favorite next an old beat you made called "king" or something
    operation undercover: dont like this one. Its gets a bit to experimental with the jungle sounds and the fuzz guitar in my opinion.
    new problems: another great beat...

When it comes to the basslines, i usually get it from the song i sample. I do a lot of filtering and create a low vs. of the sample and a hi vs. Sounds like your using fruityloops to make yours?
    nothing wrong with that, just wondering

tight beats mos def , keep ' em coming

peace

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mute

When it comes to the basslines, i usually get it from the song i sample. I do a lot of filtering and create a low vs. of the sample and a hi vs. Sounds like your using fruityloops to make yours?
    nothing wrong with that, just wondering
    oh right yeah ive used that technique before as well.and yes i use fruity to make my basslines but thats one of my weakest points in beat making really gotta tighten the bass lines up....thanks for checking

i really love I KNOW...great beat