Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: expanding rep system

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

I'm still interested to know why you actually care about becoming a mod Style. Have you really got enough time to kill that you want modding responsibilities?

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

no matter if he'll have the time or not, he'll do things the right way
    bring back begongo!!

And what is this 'right way'? I wondering what super change people expect Style to carry out. Biggest problem is lots of people writing inane shit and hardly anyone having anything remotely funny or interesting to say anymore. He can't mod that into something better.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

You are not exactly a happy camper of any sort, aren't ya?

Why so serious?
    bring back begongo!!

I'm happy, just not particularly with Wu-Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccabee Ridah View Post
    Now I know the drill......
    ITS COMMON SENCE

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

STYLE

leadership.
    thats all it takes. thats all it needs.
    i really just need mod powers minus the custodial responsibilities.
    give me 30 days of mod powers and see the magic happen.

time. i prolly have 40 hrs a week where i just bullshit on the net. here or watching movies/anime. it saves me money that i would spend on gas food and entertainment.
    then 40 hrs of various nap times
    then the rest of my days are spent on conference calls, travel or planning.

why is it such a big deal to you lucky?

but really tho....

EXPAND THE REP SYSTEM!!

I just don't really see what you gain or particularly the Corp gains through it for you to come across so desperate to get mod powers. What are you gonna do? I don't know what there is exactly mods can do. You'd be able to delete posts, move threads and ban people, but none of that makes a huge difference to what goes on here. What can you do with mod powers that actually changes anything noticeable?

The addition of rep hasn't really made any difference to the Corp at all. A few people have posted frequently about why they think they deserve more, a few people have gone on and on about how pointless it is and how they don't care about it while actually proving that it means so much to them, and you've made 935,000 references to your big lime dick. Otherwise the Corp is pretty much the same.

It's not a big deal to me I just find it curious that someone who doesan't come across like your average net geek would spend so much time banging on about wanting to be a mod on an internet forum.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 08-03-2008 at 11:23 PM.

STYLE

rep has give you a sense of pride tho you might not want to admit that here.

i remember there was a time when you wouldn't address me with this tone.

but as your limey grew so did your confidence level. i think self confidence is one of the greatest assets of a strong individual. don't you?

but really....... if you:

don't know what mods can do.

don't care about the backend workings of wucorp.

have no influence one way or the other on making me a mod.

don't see a difference in who mods.

why are we having this discussion?

do you feel the need to understand me and my motivations?
    do you think that by questioning my motivations you can somehow diminish them?
    do you think it is wise to tell anyone, not involved with modship, my plans?
    do you think if i tell you what i have planned, you will be able to alter it?
    do you think if i tell you what i have planned it will change your negative attitude?
    do you think negativity is a cause or effect of the human condition?
    does happiness come from within or can it be gleaned from an external source?
    what makes you happy?
    why aren't you happy with wucorp?
    why aren't you trying to make wucorp a place that makes you happy?
    do you think that is what i try to do?
    do you think i am happy with wucorp?
    do you see where i am headed with all these ?s ?
    do you understand my motivations now?
    do you feel better?
    do you think i feel better?

any more questions?

Yawn. Have you ever posted on here without trying really really hard to sound clever?

I was interested in your motivations and interested in what exactly mods can or can't do on here. I really couldn't give a shit whether you become a mod or not although I fear you'll only become even more impressed with yourself if you do.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 08-04-2008 at 03:56 AM.

STYLE

what i can't stand is a coward.
    cowardice is when you try to protect your ego by sheltering it within false nonchalance.

"i could care less.....BUT...(insert faggotry here)"
    your post should end with the word "less"

why do you continue to engage me in conversation if you don't care? you obviously have a problem with the way i conduct myself. why hide it? this is how women operate. testicular fortitude prevents me from hiding my opinions.

what are you here for? to have "regular" conversation? thats what real life is for.
    here you can release the wordy arrogant asshole within, without the negative social repercussions.

ummm.....what else?
    you have to BE clever to "sound" clever.

i guess an idiot could sound clever to a bigger idiot, but relatively speaking he'd still be clever by comparison.

but to answer your question, there is rarely a time when i am not being clever. i get enjoyment out of flexing my mental muscle here. if you have a problem with that there is always the "ignore" button.

and to think, all this just because i want more rep bars and you don't want me to have more rep bars. otherwise you'd be like the other 500 active members who decided not to read this thread or post in it. those are the ones who really don't care.

This has headed off in an uneessary direction. I lik you Style and don't have a problem with you. I don't particularly care about whether you become a mod BUT I am interested in why you want to be one and what ou think you can do as one. There is a difference. You can have twice as many rep bars without it bothering me. If the people decree it so then you deserve it.

I take your point and in the most part I enjoy your posts due to your being clever. It's just when I was sincerley looking for a bit of info on what you think you can do for the greater good that the clever response was a bit frustrating. I just felt you were being a tad facetious and it irritated me as I was tired (I was nearing the end of a 12 hour night shift). Anyway, I have no wish to enter into any sort of slanging match with you, and I'm not a coward but a big enough man to admit it was a petty and pointless insult.

Peace
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 08-04-2008 at 10:50 AM.

I dont even think its possible lol.

I never really thought about the possibility of having more than one red bar. Does anyone have two or more?

STYLE

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyTheWonderDog View Post
    This has headed off in an uneessary direction. I lik you Style and don't have a problem with you. I don't particularly care about whether you become a mod BUT I am interested in why you want to be one and what ou think you can do as one. There is a difference. You can have twice as many rep bars without it bothering me. If the people decree it so then you deserve it.

I take your point and in the most part I enjoy your posts due to your being clever. It's just when I was sincerley looking for a bit of info on what you think you can do for the greater good that the clever response was a bit frustrating. I just felt you were being a tad facetious and it irritated me as I was tired (I was nearing the end of a 12 hour night shift). Anyway, I have no wish to enter into any sort of slanging match with you, and I'm not a coward but a big enough man to admit it was a petty and pointless insult.

Peace

peace.
    not that u are one of these people, but when someone puts forth effort someone is always there to discourage them. even if that extra effort would benefit them as well. i always try to go the extra mile in life so i see this all too often.

but yeah i just came from the battlefields of gen chat and still had my gun off safety.
    my bad.

the endless question tactic was a bit overthetop. i picked it up from black man sunny. very effective i must say.
    right now i am sharpening my skills for something thats about to happen. you better do the same.
    hint hint

uh ......maybe we can discuss my plans in the vatican but sometimes when you tell your plans your positivity attracts negativity and then the haters get to work.

basically i see a site not living up to its full potential.
    i have some ideas to release it. so to be able to make mod level moves without having to go thru potocol would be cool. maybe i just need an experimental subforum. that as the experiments are completed they get released into the general population.

for example,the beef chamber. a place where sonnage is the name of the game. complete with rankings and all.
    any thread that devolves into a son-off gets moved there. call out a member and meet them in the beef chamber. tiltle matches, fight cards, battle royals.....?prizes? it would be epic.
    i have a whole strategy worked out to implement and maintain it too.

i have about 3 more ideas like this.

Last edited by STYLE; 08-04-2008 at 04:23 PM.