Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got back from Rock the Bells

Default Just got back from Rock the Bells

Jus got home from Rock the Bells in Mansfield, Mass...show was dope as hell jus like last year..we were 2 hours late cuz there was a kenny chesney concert at the gillette stadium and we got caught in bumper to bumper traffic for almost 45 minutes on the highway..we walked in to the comcast center and rakim had jus walked on stage and ripped it..did all the old classics..then rae and ghost went up and tore it up..saw raes taliban beard and his large abdomen..i kinda wish they had their set at night but whata ya gonna do..then redman went on..no meth tho..redman was amazin as expected, lots of funny shit..alot of callin us new englanders 'baked-bean eatin mufuckas' and 'world championship havin fuckas'..de la soul came up..did their thing, not alot of crowd response but shit red is a hard act to follow...then pharcyde went up..gotta say their set was boring and way too long, their songs sounded so similiar over the speakers that it seemed like one long song..then mos def went up on some reggae shit, talkin like a rasta the whole time but he was dead serious but his set sucked, did a bunch of gay reggae shit..then nas came up..did a good set, some new shit and alot of illmatic..then tribe came up but at first it was jus tip then 2 songs in phife came on and they went thru most of their classics but not scenario...so they say goodnight and shit and the lights go off and everyone gets up to leave and all of a sudden you hear 'dun-dun-dunnn...dun-dun-dunnn' and they come rushin back on stage and we're all scramblin back to a spot to watch from and jus goin nuts rappin all the parts..shit was altogether a good show and i dont regret missin the gay openin acts at all..everyone there said they sucked anyway..anyone else here go to that one?

AIM = mbatLyricipher
    www.myspace.com/lyricipher

meth is at comic con if your wondering..

mos def is awful live..

waiting for the LA show..

sounds like a good show. And I'm happy to hear nas doing alot of illmatic. Sure beats the two songs he did last year. props for the info.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH the blazed sage's Avatar

can you tell me some tracks off mos def set and tracks from pharcyde set, never saw them live and am curious what tracks they do

I think the Pharcyde definitely did Runnin' and She Said. Not sure about the other songs. Mos Def is always interesting to me live, I can never really tell what he is doing even though I love his swag. Raekwon/Ghost and Nas were my favorite parts of yesterday.

I was also extremely disappointed that Dead Prez only had time for two songs. That traffic from the other concert must have got them pretty bad.
    M-E-T-H-O-D

MAN!

did Rae/Ghost perform any new songs, and did they "Verbal Intercourse" together with Nas?? ..guess not huh? ..the line-up to Rock the Bells is fucking insane though, sounds like you had a real fun time!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

PRODIGAL SUN

dude i was stuck in the same traffic for like an hour it sucked. i got there at like 5:00 pm and i only seen de la soul. redman who tore the shyt up. the whole place was burnin it down durin redman when pharcyde got on those suckas sucked ass so much so i left during there performance.
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

Raekwon and Ghostface did perform "Verbal Intercourse" but sans Nas' verse. They were my second favorite act of the night. Nas was just so good.
    M-E-T-H-O-D

MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by the blazed sage View Post
    can you tell me some tracks off mos def set and tracks from pharcyde set, never saw them live and am curious what tracks they do
    i dont kno any of the new songs from Nas's Nigger album so i couldnt tell ya cuz im not with his whole political shit but the beats were decent..and he did like 5 or 6 illmatic cuts..all the ill shit which could basically be any track of that LP...as far as pharcyde its what angel said..they did play all their videos as they performed on the screens tho so that was cool..i never sat down thru any set cuz i support any live act whether i like them or not but i felt bad cuz no one was up for de la or pharcyde it seemed..maybe cuz i was drunk (cant smoke cuz of my probation) but i was hype the whole time even tho i was runnin on like 3 hours of sleep from my buddys party the night before..i like how mos def came out wit tip when phife didnt come out right away..what sections were yall in who went? i was in section 8 row B but im heated cuz when i bought the tickets online like a month ago i chose best available seatin and when i got there maaad seats down close were empty all night and here i was stuck kinda far back

AIM = mbatLyricipher
    www.myspace.com/lyricipher

Did anyone have VIP for that, or any other show? I want to know if you really get to meet ATCQ "and many other artists"... Haha.

Veteran Member

did Rae/Ghost perform any Cuban Linx 2 songs like they said they would?

Quote Originally Posted by LyriCipher View Post
    i dont kno any of the new songs from Nas's Nigger album so i couldnt tell ya cuz im not with his whole political shit but the beats were decent..and he did like 5 or 6 illmatic cuts..all the ill shit which could basically be any track of that LP...
    Nas did N.I.*.*.E.R (The Slave and the Master) and Black President from his new album.

His new album is sick.

And Jin, to answer your question, I think they did do some new songs. I didn't recognize a few of them for that fact, but I still bumped to them.
    M-E-T-H-O-D

MAN!

Yo did they let you bring cameras in there?

I'm pretty sure that they were allowing cameras in the venue. I didn't bring a camera but I did see many people around me with one.
    M-E-T-H-O-D

MAN!

^Thanks. I was thinking about buying one before i went down there, but don't want to wait in line for 2 hours, then not be able to take it in.