Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan - Mountain Dew commercial

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I love that poster.
    If you are talking about the item I've posted in my post - it's a sticker. You can get it on Ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wu-Tang-Clan...-/151988274373

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

How bout I stop being a fakking cack and just give it to you good folks of the realms of Wu-Tang Corp land. Sounds like a plan?

https://we.tl/coo4F74k53

St.Ides in the best possible quality as well, from ADAT. Mountain Dew's the longest version ever captured, quality is a bit Shkreli though.

^^thanks man!
    Retired.

Ill. Was just thinking about that St Ides commercial the other week, beat is sick.

Veteran Member

thanks ringz, appreciated

I think I might have a rip of the full st ides promo tape if anyone is interested I'll look for it

St. Ides is produced by RZA and co-produced by Method Man. Mountain Dew is RZA production

NICE! many thanx for these gems

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Thanks for the gems, Ringz!

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    While we're on the subject what's the deal with the song Thirsty? It sounds like half a Mountain Dew commercial and half not.
    It was a rejected (?), unreleased anyway, Mountain Dew Commercial.

Lovin that St. Ides track (beat) - pure summer feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    It was a rejected (?), unreleased anyway, Mountain Dew Commercial.
    Thanks, I figured it was something like that.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

waited to listen to both tracks till i was at home and had my ill headphones nearby.. again i got to give you props for unearthing this. "St. Ides" sounds a lot more respectable quality wise than what has ever been made public before as i know and the Mountain Dew commercial i think i've heard one or two times in like 2000 but i believe it was only about half of it (just like St. Ide's commercial sometimes also was used in a 30 seconds edit, closing with Ghost).

it's crazy to hear unreleased or rare Wu-Tang Clan tracks from most of us would say was their creative peaks. the first, "St. Ides" represents the "36 Chambers", first round of solos era, and to hear verses from Ghost, Rae, Meth, U-God and Bobby over that summer vibe banger (as someone else put it) is a blessing.

the "Mountain Dew" track is not quite as dope though it's definitely a heavy set banger, but i prefer this right now bc i barely heard it before and it's "Wu-Tang Forever" era RZA production with Ghost (DOPE verse), Deck, Masta Killa and the rest of them. i love that "Forever" period with tracks like "Diesel", "Lay Your Hammer", "Semi-Automatic...", "America" (though this sounds more in line with the first round of solos), etc.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

And Killer Priest at the end: "mountain dew do the dew"

Thank you, Ringz!

Damn... I'm liked for once on the board.. this calls for celebration!! Jammin' ! Celebrate with the kid!