Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Season Is Right Around the Corner

Default Football Season Is Right Around the Corner

And my team is looking good. The Texans are a good, young team. Alex Gibbs as the new O-line coach is gonna make a big difference in the running game. No clear cut starters there but they got a good mix of veteran and young talent for a solid committee of backs.

The D-line is shaping up to be one of the best in the league. Mario Williams really took off over the last half of the season last year. Amobi Okoye meanwhile came out the gates playing outta his mind but switch from college to the pros caught up with him and his play fell off. With a full offseason to get his conditioning up I think he keeps his form all year. Those two together could both command double-teams which is gonna open up alot of thing for the LB's.

Consistent pressure and a solid running game is the best way to beat the Colts. If we can manage to split the games in the tough AFC South then a season anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5 is within reach. The chance to surprise quite a few teams and the rest of the league is within reach.

what's good with the rest of the teams around the league? where do you see your team by the end of the season?

Support the Real. Click HERE

The Texans are a pretty good team, but they are still the worst team in their division. Not that that is sayin they suck, cuz the AFC South is clearly the toughest division in the NFL. In another division, they would have a chance to make the playoffs. Especially in the NFC, but as is, they are a good team with an impossible task imo. Definately improving though.

I am a Titans fan, so I know what u are going thru with that damn division. I don't mean to rip on your team, cuz they are gonna be tough, but I think with the Colts taking a step back imo, the division could go to the Jaguars, or Titans this year, with the Colts still having a good shot too. If we could just get better in our 3rd down passing game, which I'm sure we will be, we could win it, and do well in the playoffs this year. the question is, how much better will they be? We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Embryonic Crusadah View Post
    The Texans are a pretty good team, but they are still the worst team in their division. Not that that is sayin they suck, cuz the AFC South is clearly the toughest division in the NFL. In another division, they would have a chance to make the playoffs. Especially in the NFC, but as is, they are a good team with an impossible task imo. Definately improving though.
    I hear ya' which is why I'd be happy with .500 in the division. The pash rush is the best way to beat the Colts. Get Manning out of his rhythm as much as possible and keep running the ball to keep him off the field. They're putting all the pieces in place. Moulden, the CB they picked up in the 3rd round, is holding his own against Andre Johnson in practice. (no easy task) Tighter coverage is gonna mean more sacks, more interceptions.

I'm optimistic about the season but I agree in that we can make a huge leap in play and not improve at all in the standings. Our schedule is fuckin brutal with non-division games against Pittsburg, the Vikings, Packers and Browns. Staying healthy will go a long way.

Banned

Watch out for them Brownies this year.

They beefed up the D-Line with the additions of Shaun Rogers and
    Corey Williams to go along with Robaire and Shaun Smith and Orpheus Roye.

That should free up Kamerion Wimbley. Expect a pro bowl type year from him.
    On the other end will be ANtwan Peek adding more pass rushing pressure.
    At middle linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, Andra Davis and McGinest will have to hold
    things down. Rookie Beau Bell could see time.

The secondary is thin but they have some good young talent. Sean Jones has had
    a couple good years in a row. Brodney Pool was solid last year. Eric Wright was decent
    as a rookie corner....Brandon McDonald shows flashes. Terry Cousins is the vet.
    This group is the weak spot on defense.. they are thin and young.

Offense and special teams is the strenght.
    Josh Cribbs is holding down special teams.

The offensive line is one of the best in the league. They have Jamal Lewis at RB...but no
    proven backup. It may be sumthing they address.

The recieving corp is deep. Edwards, Stallworth, Jurevicious (if healthy). Winslow at TE.

Anderson and Quinn at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Watch out for them Brownies this year.

They beefed up the D-Line with the additions of Shaun Rogers and
    Corey Williams to go along with Robaire and Shaun Smith and Orpheus Roye.

That should free up Kamerion Wimbley. Expect a pro bowl type year from him.
    On the other end will be ANtwan Peek adding more pass rushing pressure.
    At middle linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, Andra Davis and McGinest will have to hold
    things down. Rookie Beau Bell could see time.

The secondary is thin but they have some good young talent. Sean Jones has had
    a couple good years in a row. Brodney Pool was solid last year. Eric Wright was decent
    as a rookie corner....Brandon McDonald shows flashes. Terry Cousins is the vet.
    This group is the weak spot on defense.. they are thin and young.

Offense and special teams is the strenght.
    Josh Cribbs is holding down special teams.

The offensive line is one of the best in the league. They have Jamal Lewis at RB...but no
    proven backup. It may be sumthing they address.

The recieving corp is deep. Edwards, Stallworth, Jurevicious (if healthy). Winslow at TE.

Anderson and Quinn at QB.
    yall definetly got alot of parts in place and some luck in your own division with the Ravens troubles at QB and the complete lack of D with the Bengals. It seems like a two-way race between you and the Steelers.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    They beefed up the D-Line with the additions of Shaun Rogers
    have fun with Rogers lazy/fat ass...

I accually always liked the Browns. Considering the fact that im bout Detroit, and my second favorite team, Cincinnati, is in yer division.

I see my team defending their title.

Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
    And my team is looking good. The Texans are a good, young team. Alex Gibbs as the new O-line coach is gonna make a big difference in the running game. No clear cut starters there but they got a good mix of veteran and young talent for a solid committee of backs.

The D-line is shaping up to be one of the best in the league. Mario Williams really took off over the last half of the season last year. Amobi Okoye meanwhile came out the gates playing outta his mind but switch from college to the pros caught up with him and his play fell off. With a full offseason to get his conditioning up I think he keeps his form all year. Those two together could both command double-teams which is gonna open up alot of thing for the LB's.

Consistent pressure and a solid running game is the best way to beat the Colts. If we can manage to split the games in the tough AFC South then a season anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5 is within reach. The chance to surprise quite a few teams and the rest of the league is within reach.

what's good with the rest of the teams around the league? where do you see your team by the end of the season?
    I can't wait for the season to begin!!! The Texans are a good young team and are going to be very tough to play against. My Jags are looking good though so it's going to be a very tough division. I also think the Colts are going to take a step back and if that's the case I see either the Jags or Texans taking the division title. Obviously I hope it's the Jags. I think the defence is going to be much better for the Jags and if Porter gets healthy soon he should be able to contribute but I'm looking forward to seeing what Troy Williamson can do. Word is he's been looking good in camp.

I am a Titans fan, so I know what u are going thru with that damn division. I don't mean to rip on your team, cuz they are gonna be tough, but I think with the Colts taking a step back imo, the division could go to the Jaguars, or Titans this year, with the Colts still having a good shot too. If we could just get better in our 3rd down passing game, which I'm sure we will be, we could win it, and do well in the playoffs this year. the question is, how much better will they be? We shall see.
    You're going to be upset when the Titans finally realise that Young isn't a quality NFL QB.

I disagree. He will get better, and better. He needs to take off and run more often. The new offensive coordinator has already said he felt the offensive coaching staff was largely responsible for Vince's struggles. We will see. I remember people sayin the same thing about Steve Mcnair a couple of years into his career. Then, he led us to Super Bowl, and later won the MVP of the league.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Until a quarterback gets atleast a decent reciever on his team, you cannot give a fair judgement on him.

Young has been screwed by Titans management since he got there. They had every chance to get a nice reciever for Young in the draft and they failed on that. Lavelle Hawkins??? I dont think so..

They got prolly the most garbage recieving core in the league

I disagree. He will get better, and better. He needs to take off and run more often. The new offensive coordinator has already said he felt the offensive coaching staff was largely responsible for Vince's struggles. We will see. I remember people sayin the same thing about Steve Mcnair a couple of years into his career. Then, he led us to Super Bowl, and later won the MVP of the league.
    I disagree. If he can learn how to read defences and become an accurate pocket passer he will become a beast. With the threat of the pass on defence's minds it will open up the field for him to run. Since he is a threat with his feet if defences load up to contain him and he were efficient in the passing game then that would open things up for the big play. At this point he is a one dimensional QB.

Basically he needs to be like David Garrard cause then you'd have an all star QB on your hands. he he

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    Until a quarterback gets atleast a decent reciever on his team, you cannot give a fair judgement on him.

Young has been screwed by Titans management since he got there. They had every chance to get a nice reciever for Young in the draft and they failed on that. Lavelle Hawkins??? I dont think so..

They got prolly the most garbage recieving core in the league
    I see it being more on Young than the receivers. I've watched a lot of Titan games and I've seen him miss open receivers with terrible throws or simply make bad decisions. Only times I remember him making great plays was with his feet.