Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is father time hitting the generals ? Hang it up with a bang.

Golden Child Shaolin Bloody Sword's Avatar

Default Is father time hitting the generals ? Hang it up with a bang.

Especially GZA. He has been on sleeping mode for a while. Cappadonna is the hardest working general at the moment. He has been dropping projects like every year.
    I would be happy to see a last Wu-Tang album with 50% RZA production, the rest produced by 4th disciple, Dj Mathematics, Bronze Nazareth, Arabian Knights, Cilvaringz.
    A 10 minutes track at the end of the album produced by Cilvaringz and Bronze Nazareth with a verse from some Killabeez members (Shyheim, Timbo King, Killah Priest, Frukwan, Remedy, La the Darkman, 9th Prince, Bronze Nazareth, Myalanski & Joe Mafia, YDB, Holocaust (Not that weird Warcloud shit), Killa Sin, Hell Razah, Tekitah, and Blue Raspberry. At some point the track should switch the beat. No outside producers or features allowed. Strictly Wu-Tang

This will be a dream come true for die hard Wu-Tang fans. Everything comes to end in life. Wu will go down as the greatest Hip-Hop crew of all time.
    Last edited by Shaolin Bloody Sword; 03-31-2024 at 05:24 PM.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

They're making easy money in Vegas, so zero motivation to get in the studio I would imagine

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Peace CT

Yeah we are coming up on a 10 year gap since last Clan album. By far their longest gap. Sure I would like them to go out with a better bang but that ship sailed. Peace

Looking forward to that Method Man and Havoc album. The Nex Gen.Wu cant get into. Too bad because that could have been promising but its diff. times now.
    I dont care for another wu album if its going to be anything like ABT.
    These days i get my fix of golden era wu with Sunz of Man , Killah Priest , and Royal Fam. i guess i dont and never will tire from those ever.

I expect Cuban Linx 3 to be a successful Wu album as I don’t see Rae closing out that trilogy with anything less than a great album.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

I don't know how Rae will deliver another album on par with the first two CL. He was fortunate enough to have some old Dilla beats, actually good RZA beats, and a selection of beats from a host of other producers but somehow the album sounded cohesive. If he does deliver though he will probably be the goat general.

If we do see another clan album I don't see RZA allowing anyone else other than him to oversee or handle the bulk of production, so we'll likely get another ABT. When he posted his new Bobby Digital stuff on social media he was getting roasted in the comments, but dude seems oblivious to the feedback lol

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    I don't know how Rae will deliver another album on par with the first two CL. He was fortunate enough to have some old Dilla beats, actually good RZA beats, and a selection of beats from a host of other producers but somehow the album sounded cohesive. If he does deliver though he will probably be the goat general.

If we do see another clan album I don't see RZA allowing anyone else other than him to oversee or handle the bulk of production, so we'll likely get another ABT. When he posted his new Bobby Digital stuff on social media he was getting roasted in the comments, but dude seems oblivious to the feedback lol
    I was kinda thinking Rae must have had a bunch of Linx 3 already recorded when he announced it, knowing he has the juice.

A lot of them are almost 60 (!!). They're just getting old and they don't need to record another LP unfortunately

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

PRODIGAL SUN

I expect their final albums to hit withon the next few years. Cuban 3. Supreme 2.

​i rather they take their time and make something poignant than rush a project like theyve been doing past 3-4 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Bloody Sword View Post
    Especially GZA. He has been on sleeping mode for a while. Cappadonna is the hardest working general at the moment. He has been dropping projects like every year.
    I would be happy to see a last Wu-Tang album with 50% RZA production, the rest produced by 4th disciple, Dj Mathematics, Bronze Nazareth, Arabian Knights, Cilvaringz.
    A 10 minutes track at the end of the album produced by Cilvaringz and Bronze Nazareth with a verse from some Killabeez members (Shyheim, Timbo King, Killah Priest, Frukwan, Remedy, La the Darkman, 9th Prince, Bronze Nazareth, Myalanski & Joe Mafia, YDB, Holocaust (Not that weird Warcloud shit), Killa Sin, Hell Razah, Tekitah, and Blue Raspberry. At some point the track should switch the beat. No outside producers or features allowed. Strictly Wu-Tang

This will be a dream come true for die hard Wu-Tang fans. Everything comes to end in life. Wu will go down as the greatest Hip-Hop crew of all time.
    GZA might rarely release anything, but he is on another mode compared to Cappadonna. Since his last album he had hit the lecture scene, made a tv series, he recently did a tour with the Phunky Nomads to perform Liquid Swords. He might not release an album every new moon like Priest or Cappa. But he certainly is not directly on sleeping mode.

Going by all the stories, easy money is their main motivation. Whenever the studio comes up, the money and contracts have to be right. If it ain't lining up, it seems they ain't hitting the studio. Maybe that last tour did wonders, and Vegas would motivate them again. But it seems they have settled for being a legacy act.

OB4CL3? Rae is still working on the Purple Tape documentary. OB4CL2 was nice, but some of the beats were meh. I was not blown away by the dre beats for example, nor some of the features and choices for vocalists.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Wu-Veteran

Naaaa LA got some new bangers coming with the Clan. All RZA...on that old/New shit...but straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I haven't heard but LA knows what I been lookin for..he told me it's that 💩

Plus I got unreleased never heard joints with Ghost/Priest,
    Deck+Trife,
    Solomon Childs & More

Working out some business first..shit can get complicated...

Wu-Veteran

Meth+ Street too

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    They're making easy money in Vegas, so zero motivation to get in the studio I would imagine
    Hopefully they squirrel some of that money aside for good production.

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Naaaa LA got some new bangers coming with the Clan. All RZA...on that old/New shit...but straight ��������������

I haven't heard but LA knows what I been lookin for..he told me it's that ��

Plus I got unreleased never heard joints with Ghost/Priest,
    Deck+Trife,
    Solomon Childs & More

Working out some business first..shit can get complicated...
    Who are you? I’m genuinely asking.

Peace CT

LA/Ringz been talked about for 5 years or so now I feel. I don’t see that ever being released. I’ve seen this movie before ��