Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock The Bells Miami 2008

Default Rock The Bells Miami 2008

Was in-fucking-sane. I'm going to post a review tomorrow, and I'll have pictures up on my Myspace tomorrow, as well, which I'll post a link to.

If anybody has a picture of the crowd holding Meth up, I'll appreciate it GREATLY, since I was the guy holding his left foot up.

Discuss this un-fucking-believable concert.

it was good i was there the whole time tho so the sun did beat me down tho. but im pissed met this cool ass chick and didnt even get her digits

Me too man. I started to get a headache half way through Tribe and had to go chill in the VIP area for the rest of the show and try to get something to drink. I was too tired/my head hurt too bad to enjoy the rest of the show, but they were great while I was there and it was insane hearing them/watching the crowd from where I was. I was fine until then, but I was there at 12:30, and I was probably dehydrated, and I didn't eat anything all day, because I never got hungry. I dressed in black like an idiot so the sun would attract to me. ATCQ wasn't the main reason I went in the first place, but they were GREAT while I was there.

Were you the dude in the second row of people (During ATCQ) talking to that chick who worked in NY, but lived in MIA?

i should have been there. i was cheduled as the closing manager at my job but i got in a car accident so i called out. whatever though, rock the bells will be here next year. i really wanted to see tribe. how was de la's performance
    FCK A SHOUT OUT!

De La was RIDICULOUS. So much energy, they rocked the crowd. Great interaction, etc. They really started to pick up the show. I was very impressed with their set.

I wouldn't guarantee it being here next year yet, it was a supposed weak turnout because they had to move it from Bicentennial Park to the Bayfront Park Amphitheater due to ticket sales, and I read that even then it didn't sell out. I hope they keep coming down here, though, because it is the best festival/concert I've ever been to. They need to do more advertising down here prior to the show, not just one week before it.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

ah man, im pumped for that shit.

goin to the show on the 23rd in Denver with all the homeboys.

any immoral technique merchadise for sell there? wu wear?
    We do it for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris Of This Shit View Post
    Me too man. I started to get a headache half way through Tribe and had to go chill in the VIP area for the rest of the show and try to get something to drink. I was too tired/my head hurt too bad to enjoy the rest of the show, but they were great while I was there and it was insane hearing them/watching the crowd from where I was. I was fine until then, but I was there at 12:30, and I was probably dehydrated, and I didn't eat anything all day, because I never got hungry. I dressed in black like an idiot so the sun would attract to me. ATCQ wasn't the main reason I went in the first place, but they were GREAT while I was there.

Were you the dude in the second row of people (During ATCQ) talking to that chick who worked in NY, but lived in MIA?

yoooo hahaha thats me except im workin in miami for now but always lived in ny. yeaa except i dipped around mos defs set cause i was so dehydrated and dipped to the lawns and these two jamaican dudes made me dumb uncomfortable so i said fuck it and dipped

Quote Originally Posted by disposablearts View Post
    yoooo hahaha thats me except im workin in miami for now but always lived in ny. yeaa except i dipped around mos defs set cause i was so dehydrated and dipped to the lawns and these two jamaican dudes made me dumb uncomfortable so i said fuck it and dipped
    LOL

or maybe thats some1 else i think im reading dudes post wrong was they rockin a white polo?

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    ah man, im pumped for that shit.

goin to the show on the 23rd in Denver with all the homeboys.

any immoral technique merchadise for sell there? wu wear?
    Yeah, they sold some of his CD's, and a couple of t-shirts. After his set, he went to the stand and signed autographs and shit. They gave out posters for The Third World. But they did have t-shirts and his CD's there.

And they had a Redman shirt, a Blackout t-shirt, a Method Man shirt, some Raekwon stuff, a Nas shirt, some Wu-Tang shirts and towels, and some more stuff. I picked up a Redman shirt, because I can probably find anything else I want online. The shirts are $30, but you might be able to cut deals later on in the day. And the towels were $20! They were small hand towels, too. They have ATM machines, so if you need more cash, you'll be able to get it. You're going to have a great time. But if you're not interested in the earlier acts, don't get there until like 45 minutes, to an hour until the first one you want to see, especially if its outdoors and hot. This was my first RTB's, and I made the mistake of getting there at 12:30 when the first act I wanted to see didn't get on till like 3:30... And this was in the Miami heat. You're going to have a great time, but make sure to drink, man.

Yeah, that heat was a bitch. I might have gotten it mixed around. Haha.

or maybe thats some1 else i think im reading dudes post wrong was they rockin a white polo?
    I don't know... All I remember is this dude talking to these two girls, and one of them was pretty cute, and she said she lives in Miami, but works in NY, and that she was with her best friend... It was right before ATCQ came on, after Nas' set.

If you saw a white dude with glasses, and a Wu-Invincible shirt on in baggy jean shorts, that was me... I was sweating like a motherfucker.

yea i read your post wrong lol i saw mad white dudes with wu shirts but yea it was fuckin blazing around mos defs set i had to dip and i HATED SPENDING 5 FUCKIN DOLLARS FOR WATER

ya dude i felt like a sell out. i rep hip-hop all day and i didn't go to a show where i have albums from 90 percent of the performers. so they better bring that shit next year. i mainly didn't even request the day off cause of the heat. i'm cuban, but i'm borderline albino cause my mother is a honky. it's a curse man. i'll try to already have a tan by next year though. that way the show of a lifetime doesn't give me skin cancer.
    FCK A SHOUT OUT!

lmaooo yea the sun was no joke yo but it was my first outdoor festival and first one IN MIAMI so i didnt know what to expect but now i fuckin know ill do a little score of the performers cause alot of them did not come correct

im still mad at myself for not getting this one chicks number godamn that was one thing i still mad at

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris Of This Shit View Post
    Yeah, they sold some of his CD's, and a couple of t-shirts. After his set, he went to the stand and signed autographs and shit. They gave out posters for The Third World. But they did have t-shirts and his CD's there.

And they had a Redman shirt, a Blackout t-shirt, a Method Man shirt, some Raekwon stuff, a Nas shirt, some Wu-Tang shirts and towels, and some more stuff. I picked up a Redman shirt, because I can probably find anything else I want online. The shirts are $30, but you might be able to cut deals later on in the day. And the towels were $20! They were small hand towels, too. They have ATM machines, so if you need more cash, you'll be able to get it. You're going to have a great time. But if you're not interested in the earlier acts, don't get there until like 45 minutes, to an hour until the first one you want to see, especially if its outdoors and hot. This was my first RTB's, and I made the mistake of getting there at 12:30 when the first act I wanted to see didn't get on till like 3:30... And this was in the Miami heat. You're going to have a great time, but make sure to drink, man.

yo , i really appreeciate the feedback dogg. were bout to have a ball. im gonna fuck around n spend all my money. my boy heard technique b hookin up the fans signin shit too. thats watsup.
    good lookin, n peace
    We do it for the people.