Thread: Brett Favre......J.E.T.S.......JETS,JETS,JETS

Default Brett Favre......J.E.T.S.......JETS,JETS,JETS

True story, for a conditional 4th round pick that could be as high as a 2nd (in the very unlikely event the Jets make the Superbowl)

I'm sure the Packers just wanted him gone and the Jets get an All-Pro quarterback who throws just as much interceptions as he does touchdowns.
    I guess you're glad atleast its 32 tds, Favre's definitely better than who've they've got now, they're releasing Pennington so who knows what they got at backup qb with Kelley Clemens? I'm really not sure there. I think its a win-win situation for both teams still.

an interesting note for all your Viking fans out there

""The NFL Network also is reporting that the Packers took great pains to ensure that Favre would not be traded to the Vikings by inserting a "poison pill" in the deal. If Favre were to be traded to Minnesota, New York would have to surrender three first-round picks to Green Bay"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=3522971
    Last edited by Visionz; 08-07-2008 at 02:45 AM.

Support the Real. Click HERE

holy shit !!!

favre cant let go of da GREEN !

nice.

'Section 9'

Damn.

Oh well... Green Bay needed a change.

At least he won't cry at the end of this year.

He already did that 3 times.

Wu Vatican

green bay is a bunch bitches. i want him to somehow get on the vikings now just to whip there asses
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

don't talk shoot shoot tommytootone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    ok....here's my 2 CeNT$$: (lol)

WTF is the point of him doing this? I mean really........how is 'one' man going to turn that whole organization around?

ok ok ok, I get it....It's B-R-E-T-T- F-A-V-R-E right? But lets be realistic.......

D00d is the following:

a) Way past his prime despite having that stellar cinderella year last year - and I'm totally an anti-Packers fan saying this, but I was cheering for him to go to the superbowl.........but that was then, this is now, back 2 the h8ing lol.

b) He's fragile & not very mobile - Buddy only got sacked 12 times last year with that GB defense.....The Jets don't have that kind of defense! And for that fact, GB's defense (though still good mind you!) isn't that tremendous either in comparison to say like....i ono...New York Giants or something...so I guarantee you'll see an injury or some shit 3rd game into the season...I'm tellin' you! Don't say I didn't tell u otherwise! haha

c) What's the point? - You think the Jets are gonna go anywhere this year? I mean Favre is one thing, but who the fuck do the Jets have other then a superstar QB they just picked up, who's on his way out after this year probably?!......but then again, athletes are making more comeback/retiring tours then the Rolling Stones theze days, lol.

So yeh, thats how I feel....I mean, it can't be for the $$$, I mean Favre gets something I think like ......a 25 MiLLioN dollar retiring fee or sumthin I heard about on the radio the other day? So thats pretty hefty.....

But I doubt he'll do the entire season, I just see an injury coming with that weak defense the Jets have, last year they were 4-12..........I say they are either doomed to repeat, or I'll predict sumthin like 6-10 give or take

But that's not gospel! That's just the opinion of an football fan...........

LOL! Hey.......I'm no hypocrite, my team's worse I know I know......but FucK Ya'LL haha.
    You see your your wrong. The jets lost a lot of close games last year and there defense improved after the bi weak. Now The jets did not have any pass rushers, but this year they picked up three. I expect the Jets to go all the way!

Jets all the way???? now you're loosing it. They wouldn't get past the Patriots, Chargers, Colts or Jaguars. Favre is gonna make 'em better and they already have WR's in Cotchery and Santana Moss, so yeah, they'll be competitive and should have a winning season but the AFC is loaded with top-notch teams so I don't see it at all.

smh @ calling the QB who holds the record for most consecutive starts @ the position as fragile. Favre don't stay down for shit, broken hand, seperated shoulder or whatever. No worries there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    you really see him finishing this whole season?......ok we'll see I guess but I really think you're wrong there. Most consecutive starts? I heard that amazing quality indeed, but his lack of mobility against such defneses like u yourself said, Chargers, Colts, Patriots, etc...I dunno man, his body can't handle that type of punishment I think.....either way, the move is still pointless unless some1 can say otherwise? I mean, why not get traded to a team with somewhat of a fighting chance for a superbowl? HIs other possible team was the Tampa Bay Bucks, and at least they are somewhat decent....kind of......though they are a team I don't pay much attention to.
    It's not that he doesn't get hurt (though qb's that get their legs out the way get hurt alot less, pay attention to Manning, Brady and Favre after they make a throw to see what I mean) but Favre has no problems whatsoever playing through the injuries. "Broken thumb on his throwing hand? Yeah, but fuck it put me in coach" that's dude mentality and its not gonna change just cause the jersey did. and the Bucs??? maybe they win their division but even that's questionable with the Saints ready to come roaring back after a down year and the Panthers should get a boost in their ground game with Stewart so yeah not much different then the Jets really. I don't think either one of those teams has a real chance. winning season? sure, winning superbowls? don't see it.

Banned

This makes the Jets better, and a playoff contender. But can Brett come in
    to a new team and system and play well???
    How will he handle the asshole New York media who just wants to bring
    people down???

He'll probably have a decent year or too, get overwhelming media attention. BUt I
    dont see them winning a super bowl.

It'll be like when Montana went to KC. They were competitive but never won anything.

what about madden 09