0 0%
  • 1 - Wack

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large Pro - Main Source (2008)

Default Large Pro - Main Source (2008)

01. The Entrance
    02. Hot: Sizzling, Scorching, Torching, Blazing
    03. Manica Living (ft. Killah Sha & Guardian Leep)
    04. Pump Ya Fist
    05. Party Time
    06. In The Ghetto
    07. Hardcore Hip-Hop
    08. Frantic Barz
    09. Swein' Love
    10. Ru Dope (ft. Jeru Tha Damaja)
    11. Dap (ft. Lil' Dap)
    12. Noyd (ft. Big Noyd)
    13. Classic Emergency
    14. Rockin' Hip-Hop
    15. Large Pro Says
    16. To The Meadows
    17. The Hardest (ft. Styles P & AZ)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

i was really feeling this on first listen, imo a much stronger album than "1st Class".. if it's one thing Large know it's to pick the right cuts to open up an album, after the beautifully designed intro he brings us one of the hottest joints of the year "Hot: Sizzling...." .. with the exceptions of a few weaker songs the majority is slamming. thumbs up!

4/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

damn this is out already??? gotta cop son!!!

^^ nah it ain't released until mid-september but it got leaked real early.. i'm definitely buying this when it drops though and y'all should do the same!

Veteran Member

ehh, huge fan and i have to go with a 3

theres a good 6-7 tracks i didnt like, and the Jeru/Noyd tracks only being a minute really hurt its rating. he sounds fine, similar flows and lyrics, and the good songs are really ill, but the consistency is down a notch. im probably gonna support tho, the spirit is still there, he aint changing for the times
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

just finished listening to the album, i think it's a banga. Large Pro just has that good vibe hip hop. He is the only person who can rhyme like this, and not too come off corny.

4/5

Large P is way too underrated as a producer and emcee

Quote Originally Posted by FasterBlade View Post
    ehh, huge fan and i have to go with a 3

theres a good 6-7 tracks i didnt like, and the Jeru/Noyd tracks only being a minute really hurt its rating. he sounds fine, similar flows and lyrics, and the good songs are really ill, but the consistency is down a notch. im probably gonna support tho, the spirit is still there, he aint changing for the times
    come on, the jeru, dap and noyd songs are really one joint, sort of like "Speak Ya Clout".. that's fire

I didn't expect Large Pro to be on every track, but it is what it is. It's an above average album, but don't expect too much from it. Nice production, but the lyrics are sub par (Pro has a few lyrical gems). I never would of thought my fav track off the album wouldn't even be produced by Large Professor.

Top 5: The Entrance, Hot: Sizzling Scorching Torching Blazing, In The Ghetto, Hardcore Hip Hop (my fav), The Hardest (better without the extra bullshit on AZ's album)

Grade: (2.7/5) C+

I was gonna order this album, but if people aint feelin it, i mightend bother and the get the new People Under The Stairs album instead

^^ at least download it and bump it through once cuz I think this is way better than his last album "1st Class". good shit!

It's nice, but we all know Large Pro is capable of much better and that's the double truth, ruth!

YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP. Tony Bandana's Avatar

all i know iz that i miss Main Source.
    ONGH!!!! SHIT STINK BIG GATORZ , MY DETROIT PLAYAZ ONGH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^^ at least download it and bump it through once cuz I think this is way better than his last album "1st Class". good shit!
    Yea, i decided fuck it, and i bought it, so shit should arrive in the post in the next week or two

YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP. Tony Bandana's Avatar

thank God were not ranking covers on this one holy shit .

whats that a polaroid??

ONGHH

lol
    ONGH!!!! SHIT STINK BIG GATORZ , MY DETROIT PLAYAZ ONGH!!!

have yet to cop this but this is one of the few albums that i have been bumping without owning lately and i think it's really good.. Large Pro stepped his game up big time since his last HORRIBLE fucking "1st Class" album and although this ain't exactly Pro's peak as good as the whole album got my head banging. beats is dope and Large Pro is actually nice on the mic again!