Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Roots

Straight Outta PHX

Default Re: The Roots

Black Thought is fuckin' nasty, he's an awesome MC. The Roots is one of the greatest groups ever.
    In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

85 %ER

Hey do any of you guys have the Roots unreleased album which was suppose to be there first album which is called "Organix" I downloaded it from a forum the other day and I'm still going to buy it from Amazon to add to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbydrza
    Hey do any of you guys have the Roots unreleased album which was suppose to be there first album which is called "Organix" I downloaded it from a forum the other day and I'm still going to buy it from Amazon to add to my collection.
    Unreleased but you're going to buy it from amazon? It was released obviously, it's just quite hard to find, I got it from amazon too a few months ago.
    Wu-Tang Forever

ive got "things fall apart" and its so boring, along with mos def, the roots are one of the most over rated hip hop artists of all time. ive also heard phrenology and illapelphhalflife, phrenology that was really shitty and illadelph was pretty good but i have to listen to it again i guess

In the ways of the world today
    It's so easy for us to stray away
    Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
    Material things keep us blind

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    The album is called Things Fall Apart, not All Falls Apart. The Roots used to be tight but they suck now. The last album i heard from them was Phrenology & that album is terrible to me. I didn't even bother listening to their The Tipping Point album. Black Thought is a tight mc. Where is Malik B & Dice Raw?
    yeah tat album was very dissapointing,do you want more??!!??to me is they best shit,black thought is ill very slept on.....

Quote Originally Posted by snapple
    the roots have been so consistent, each album wit a different style, yet still dope. you must have things fall apart and illadelph halflife in your collection, it's a must.

black thought as an MC, top30 easily. nice as hell.

the roots live in central park summer stage. dopest show ive ever seen, would have been flawless if mf doom wasn't there stinkin up the place. sean p aka ruck, buckshot, de la soul, mos def, just ice, jungle brothers, DJ PREMIERE, and of course the roots, all amazing(mf doom was there and sucked dick). i'll never forget that show the best live show ive ever seen. roots blew me away.

charles youre sleepin man, tippin point is ill as fuck. there is a joint on there wit blackthought, big daddy kane, and kool g rap.....on the same track....all spittin a verse.....that alone is enough reason for you to go buy it right now
    no homo
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

Malik B last I heard had a drug relapse and is in not too good shape.....that was a while ago though. Listen to the song "Water" on Phrenology, that song is for him. "I done seen the streets suck a lotta cats dry but not you and I my nigga we got ta get ova, ova tha water"....

Things Fall Apart to me is an indispensible record. Shit was stolen from me twice so I've bought it a total of three times. I don't know how anyone can say it's boring. Even the supposed "filler" on that album, the shit they transition with plus the intro, is classic. Love that "Step Into A Realm" and "Act Too(Love of my Life)".....oh god damn....if hip hop as a movement was ever in need of an anthem that track would be it. "Ain't Saying Nothin New", "100% Dundee".....I could sit here and name every track and they would all be classic to me. Phrenology was a straight up experimental record, they really tried pushing themselves into new territory with that and for the most it's alright but I deffinately think people tend to overrate it cause overall it does not represent what I think the Roots are really capable of. The Tipping Point was tight. Nothing that would blow you're mind though.

This dude is saying the ROOTS "things fall apart" is borring????

all this coming from a guy who worships MF "snooze" DOOM.....there is something comical about this........

I dont really think the ROOTS are overated......they play there own instruments, put on fuckin hype concerts, and change with each album.......which is different than 98% of other hip hop groups.

If you wanto to talk overrated, you should talk about MF "one flow" DOOM

Quote Originally Posted by bringoutthegimp
    ive got "things fall apart" and its so boring, along with mos def, the roots are one of the most over rated hip hop artists of all time. ive also heard phrenology and illapelphhalflife, phrenology that was really shitty and illadelph was pretty good but i have to listen to it again i guess
    "Rap has gradually degenerated from an art form into a ring tone"

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

I think that Malik B. news was from a while ago. I'm a big Roots fan, got all their cds except Organix. They're great, and put on one of the best live shows.

I like 'Do You Want More!!!!' as their second greatest album, next to 'Things Fall Apart.' At first I even liked it more, but then i read the book 'Things Fall Apart,' by Chinua Achebe and my opinion changed quite rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by tical2000
    MF "snooze" DOOM
    i love it how you say this all the time thinking its witty or some shit, fuck the roots, they suck

In the ways of the world today
    It's so easy for us to stray away
    Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
    Material things keep us blind

fuck the roots, they suck
    i feel sorry for you

i love it how you say this all the time thinking its witty or some shit, fuck the roots, they suck
    haha.........ok Snoozy

PS the ROOTS are better in every way than DOOM, BLaCK THOUGHT is a better MC, they put out more creative records, and there live show is 100x better than MF DOOM's.........I have seen both acts live, and MF DOOM has one of the worst live shows, I have seen.
    "Rap has gradually degenerated from an art form into a ring tone"

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

Wow, I really want to comment on this argument but haven't got a clue what to say as Doom and The Roots are my two favourite artists, both have many different stengths.
    Wu-Tang Forever

the roots- they mad creative,there beats got me high......ma fav group
    blackthough- amazing flow ...most slept on mc i swear