01. Buisness As Usual (ft. DJ Premier)
    02. Can't Relate
    03. The World is Listening
    04. Running Man
    05. Land of The Free (ft. O.C.)
    06. Live Hard
    07. Macig
    08-13. Instrumentals

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

damn I slept on this EP when it dropped last year but picked it up a couple of days ago and gotta say it's a real good one. Show's production is top-notch though it's more smooth and soulful than "Full Scale" and A.G. bring wise and thought provoking lyrics to the table. all of the songs has meaningful lyrics and there is none of the braggadocious you usually hear all over rappers albums and this is another strong point of the EP.
    my only complaint is that they should have waited a couple more months and then dropped an LP with 7 additional tracks (if they would have managed to get that much quality material), it would probably been an amazing album. but i'm not gonna front, this is a great EP and should be viewed and reviewed as just that so...

9/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Wow i got the actual CD a couple of days ago and the track "Land of the Free" (which i previous thought had the weakest beat judging from the one i downloaded) and the version on there is totally different. The one on here is in-fucking-credible, an explosive soul beat packed with strings...

I don't know the last time I was this in love with a new album; Production is top-notch, A.G. is easily at the peak of his career lyrics-wise (he even breaks down why in a song; "all this suffering lead to pain/pain lead to great music" which is true) and if this gives me the same feeling in a couple of years this is certified a personal classic... damn I think this is the first release since "Cold Vein" by Cannibal Ox that I'll do this for but...

10/10
    (Masterpice, maybe a classic in years to come)
    Last edited by claaa7; 09-11-2008 at 05:25 PM.

i been bumpin this like crazzy-- i sweat this release... eventhough its a short EP its mad solid wit bangin beats and AG tears every track... love how they included the instrumentals too, the LIVE HARD beat is so sick SHOWBIZ is on fire

amped for the official album

^^ did you get this version of Land Of the Free on your version or did you get the crazy one with the strings and everything?

Damn i still have to pick this up. Show & AG are by far the most consistant in D.I.T.C

I just recieved this in the mail yesterday, and its fucking dope!

I was bumpin "Goodfellas" yesterday and was enjoying that hardcore sound, but this was quite a bit different. Not in a bad way, just A.G is a little more introspective and touches on more topics, i think hes imporoving as an emcee if anything.

The beats are banging, not as hardcore and rugged as previously, a little more soulful and slower. Show really has proven hes one of the best emcee's in the game, with 4 albums containing top notch production. Really feeling E. Blaze's production on "Macig"

Just have to say though, that beat for "Land Of The Free" is fuckin BANANNAS! Best beat on the album, its fuckin amazing!

I need to listen to this more, but beacuse the last five tracks are all instrumentals of beats from the first 7 i have to drop it down a notch in the review.

Overall:
    8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    I just recieved this in the mail yesterday, and its fucking dope!

I was bumpin "Goodfellas" yesterday and was enjoying that hardcore sound, but this was quite a bit different. Not in a bad way, just A.G is a little more introspective and touches on more topics, i think hes imporoving as an emcee if anything.

The beats are banging, not as hardcore and rugged as previously, a little more soulful and slower. Show really has proven hes one of the best emcee's in the game, with 4 albums containing top notch production. Really feeling E. Blaze's production on "Macig"

Just have to say though, that beat for "Land Of The Free" is fuckin BANANNAS! Best beat on the album, its fuckin amazing!

I need to listen to this more, but beacuse the last five tracks are all instrumentals of beats from the first 7 i have to drop it down a notch in the review.

Overall:
    8.5/10
    Did you mean to say AG?, Show hasn't rhymed in mad years, this was a good ep, but being a golden age fiend, I wanted some fat breaks and dusty samples.

I ment Show is one of the best PRODUCERS in the game, dunno why i said emcee, although i wouldnt Show dropping a few verses here and there.

I think their trying to evolve their sound and move away breaks and dusty samples, but when its done so well, i dont really have a problem with it.

^^ but they have really changed up a bit for every album they have dropped - there is a big difference in the sound between "Runaway Slave" and "Goodfellas". and once again "Full Scale EP" had a more polished sound than "Goodfellas" and the sound was bigger..

I think it's fair to rate this as an 7-track EP though, that's what I did, I turn it off after "Magic"..

But yo, Duraq, i agree with the "Land of the Free" beat that is fucking amazing and let me tell you that I was suprised as hell when that came on. I had downloaded this EP when it first dropped in December 2007 and let me tell you that the original "Land of the Free" was NOTHING like that - actually the weakest beat on the CD so i'm really glad they changed that cuz that made me think of "Live Hard" as PERFECT. Try searching for "Land of the Free" on youtube and you can probably hear the original version.