View Poll Results: Michael Phelps Greatest Athlete Alive!!

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 31.03%
  • No

20 68.97%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Michael Phelps Best Athlete in the World

Its unargueable that he a phenomanal athlete but the greatest ever is a long shot, yes he one however many gold medals, but the olympics are an amateur sporting event with an age limit of the youngest being sixteen, he potentially competes against kids. Swimming is also leans towards one person winning alot of medals, mostly due to one person being allowed to compete in as many of the events as they want.

Great athlete yes but Greatest ever no

Quote Originally Posted by Tonearm Terrorwrist View Post
    agree'd ... i remember the last time i saw a black man in a pool at the olympics

aahahahahahhahahaha

I heard he's been training though.

He'll be ready for the 2016 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
    but the olympics are an amateur sporting event with an age limit of the youngest being sixteen, he potentially competes against kids.
    Hold up.

Phelps was a kid when he started winning. The qualifying standards across all sports are incredibly high. I don't see how this lessens his achievement.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
    Its unargueable that he a phenomanal athlete but the greatest ever is a long shot, yes he one however many gold medals, but the olympics are an amateur sporting event with an age limit of the youngest being sixteen, he potentially competes against kids. Swimming is also leans towards one person winning alot of medals, mostly due to one person being allowed to compete in as many of the events as they want.

Great athlete yes but Greatest ever no

say whaaat?

the Olympics are an amateur sporting event? where are you getting your information dog? maybe in soccer (there are still some of the best players in the world playing here though) or baseball. but almost everything else is the best of the best in their particular sport.

and if swimming lent itself to winning a lot of medals why isnt everyone winning 13 golds?
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

The problem is the title "best athlete in the world." Great athlete? Absolutely. But put a basketball in his hand and see how he'd do. Or put an American football in his hand and see how he'd do. Or put a bat in his hand and see how he'd do.

When saying someone is the "best athlete" when there is such a range of sports that have very little in common with each other forces one to choose what sport is better than another. Honestly, if someone had won 8 metals, and made 8 world records from say...power walking or trampoline jumping (and yes...those are Olympic sports) would you be saying the same thing? If so, why not? See my point?

So the title of BEST Athlete, rather than say...best swimmer or ONE of the best athletes is the problem.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    thats cause blacks cant swim ya big dummie.
    The fact your screenname is whitey makes all your opinions here null and void.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Wu Vatican

someones sarcasm detector is broken, on two accounts.

but seriously blacks don't like water, gym class was hell for them in my high school im not joking.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Michael Phelps girlfriend was born part man

A woman who claims to be the girlfriend of Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps revealed in a Facebook post that she was born intersex, a fact she has not previously revealed to Phelps, among others.

Taylor Lianne Chandler, 41, wrote a lengthy post describing her early life, saying that at birth she had male genitalia with no testicles as well as a uterus, without ovaries. Born David Roy Fitch, she writes that she went on testosterone blockers and changed her name to Paige Victoria Whitney in her teens, then had surgery when she was in her 20s. She writes in a post she put up Nov. 13:

“By the time I could walk and talk I made it clear I was a girl and dressed as one. In my early teens I was medically diagnosed and went on testosterone blockers, at 15 estrogen enhancers. My birth certificate was modified along with my name while I was a teenager, prior to any corrective surgery. …

“The problem is I have made friends that I never told and dated and married people that knew nothing of my past,” she writes. “If you don’t understand what intersex is, Google it. I was never a man, never lived as a man. No one can say they knew me as a man or produce a photo of me as a man.”

According to the Intersex Society of America:

A general term used for a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn’t seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male. For example, a person might be born appearing to be female on the outside, but having mostly male-typical anatomy on the inside. Or a person may be born with genitals that seem to be in-between the usual male and female types.

Chandler, who writes that she thinks her revelation may cause Phelps to terminate their relationship, claims on a Facebook page filled with photos of Phelps that she met the 29-year-old swimmer on Tinder and said their relationship was “like a teenage love affair” and that they attended a Baltimore Ravens game on their first date. Phelps has not commented on the post and spent the month of October in rehab after his DUI arrest in September. He is serving a six-month suspension by U.S. Swimming and his DUI trial in Baltimore is set for Dec. 19.

On Wednesday, she wrote: “Heard from Michael he is out of rehab and back home” and added that she is frustrated with how her story is being reported.

“I never lied to him,” Chandler sayd. “We were together for such a short period of time, I never had a chance to tell him about my life.”