View Poll Results: Michael Phelps Greatest Athlete Alive!!

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 31.03%
  • No

20 68.97%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Michael Phelps Best Athlete in the World

No.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

no

Quote Originally Posted by wuswordz95 View Post
    only cuz blacks dont do a gay sport like swimming. what the hell is swimming. i hope phelps loses tommorow. track and field is a real sport.
    This is one of the most ignorant post I have read in months.

Fam you have no idea how hard swimming is and how fit you have to be to do it. Is the only sport that you have to use your entire body. I am sorry but Basketball and Baseball athletes dont have shit of Phelps fitness. I have never witness so much dominance in one sport. Not even Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods or Federer.

And this aint a race thing either. I am Dominican... I am assuming that you think that I am a white boy supporting what you may think is a "White sport" ... well if so you are wrong. I recognize the hard work and the extrem talent.

Phelps is the best athlete alive PERIOD.

*Edit

ONE MORE THING TO THOSE WHO VOTED NO... THEN WHO IS?? AND STATE YOUR REASON.

HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS AND WORLD RECORDS THEY HAVE... HOW DOMINANT?? DEFEND YOUR CASE.
    Last edited by 12weLvE; 08-16-2008 at 12:15 PM.

'Section 9'

I voted Yes, but I wanna change that.

Usein Bolt dominated the qualifiactions jogging. Jogging. He beat the world record fuckin around the last 20m. Easy.

He's dominating. The only thing he needs now is to beat Michael Johnsons 200m record, and to be constant for a few years, and he'll be bigger than Phelps.

Peace Chek.

I ran track for 4 years in Highschool and I was part of a team who won City Championships 2 years in a row so I am big fan of track. Although very talented...9.68 is incredible but thats just one world record...how many does Phelps have?? I think 17 if I am not mistaking. He does all type of distances... Bolt does the 100 and 200m... 2 events... I think a lot of you have biases. Analize this shit man... nobody is fucking Phelps right now.

'Section 9'

Phelps has 13 medals and 7 world records. That is something. But this is Bolt's first Olympics right? Bolt did beat the record twice already. This is his third time if I'm not mistaken.

Not to knock Phelps of course, this is his second Olympics, and 13 medals is a brilliant achievement no doubt. But I saw Phelps struggle through a couple of medals.

Bolt did his shit like he was on practice. He was screwing the last 20m, he'd be 9.5 if he ran till the last inch like he did when he secured 1st place.

I'll agree with you Chek, for now.

I'll change my vote in Bolt's favor if he does this shit again in London 4 years from now.

Peace.

I feel you Shizzah.
    Last edited by 12weLvE; 08-16-2008 at 01:18 PM.

Fam you have no idea how hard swimming is and how fit you have to be to do it. Is the only sport that you have to use your entire body. I am sorry but Basketball and Baseball athletes dont have shit of Phelps fitness. I have never witness so much dominance in one sport. Not even Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods or Federer.
    I'm not trying to take anything away from Phelps, he's blowing the competition away. He's pulling in a crazy amount of gold medals, beating the world record race after race. All that is amazing. But how do you compare an idividual sport with a team sport evenly?

Phelps is absolutely dominating but so did Jordan in his prime. How can one say that if Jordan took up swimming instead of basketball that he wouldn't have dominated the way Phelps is doing now?

as it is I think each would get their asses handed to them in the others respective sports, its kinda an apples and oranges question.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Quote Originally Posted by InspectahChek View Post

HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS AND WORLD RECORDS THEY HAVE... HOW DOMINANT?? DEFEND YOUR CASE.

Jelena Isinbayeva has 19(as i know) maybe even more world records in pole vaulting. She is the best athlete ever. She is dominating her sport more than Phelps in his( Which i admire at most),
    BUT: Milorad Chavic takes shit on Phelps and his big ears

Suga Duga

vs.

(dig the bling)

Quote Originally Posted by The GFX View Post

Thats not a good look for Phelps LMAO!!!

wuswordz95

And this aint a race thing either. I am Dominican... I am assuming that you think that I am a white boy supporting what you may think is a "White sport" ... well if so you are wrong. I recognize the hard work and the extrem talent.

*Edit

ahh yer right swimming is tough at least for my case. i cant swim for shit.
    swimming is gay. they might as well put skateboarding in to the olympics. its no fair that there are like7 diffrent swimming competions in the swimming olympics. its no wonder why phelps holds the record. swimmers will always hold the record. i still think that a boxing gold medal means more then 7 stupid gold medals. the best atlethes are from africa. but they dont have the money to be part of the olympics. so phelps should go to an african swamp and defend his precious gold medals.

yes because swimming you have to use your whole body

Quote Originally Posted by KZA View Post
    yes because swimming you have to use your whole body

HAHA!!! Thats what it looks like nowadays.

I took a swimming coaching class and a Kinesiology class and Swimming is complex as fuck!!!! Only if you guys knew.

Now I am going to reply to the African comments. Yes african americans have an upperhand with their amazing genes and I dont doubt that they would be able to shine in a sport like swimming, but most will probably never be given the chance. Its all social-economic. I studied this in my "Sociology of Sports" class. It will always be hard for the average African American to suceed in this sport because of economic issues. It takes a lot of money invested to be good at this... My girlfriend is a swimmer and I know all the money he family invested in her.

The reason I am saying all of this is because I sence some racism... Not pointing fingers, but thats just how I feel.