4 14.29%
  • 2 - Boring

1 3.57%
  • 1 - Wack

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Slept On Tony" >> 90% of 'Big Doe Rehab'

Default "Slept On Tony" >> 90% of 'Big Doe Rehab'

Hell yeah, this is my joint right here.. Ghost rides the beat perfect and this is a mad fun joint, better and more authentic than almost all of "Big Doe Rehab" in my opinion. It doesn't fuck with "Yolanda's House" and "Walk Around" but other than that it's a wrap. Too bad this won't be on his (real) album.

What y'all make of this song?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Masterpiece no doubt I can listen to this all day long.

Its decent, I voted good only because the material was fairly simple. Im not really impressed with the subject matter of the album. Still a good album worth buying
    "Borough hopping, copping bricks, bags, burners and kicks City slickers, circling the strip, working them tricks"
    -Rebel INS the GREAT!!!

'Section 9'

I think Big Doe Rehab was rubbish.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Id say its better than like... 70% of Big Doe Rehab

I like that album tho

Your math ain't quite right if you like two songs more but I agree that Big Doe Rehab is weak.

^^ lol math was never my strong side but y'all get my point.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Ill Blow Ya Lil Balls Off wilmington shogun's Avatar

i loved Big Doe Rehab but i also love this song so maybe it is better then 90%

i didn't really like bdr, so i agree with you! and i agree with walk around that shit is ill! i voted banger

I thought it was a dope song.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

wtf?

slept on tony is ok but it sounds like it was made in order for a 10 second snippet to be played in the background of an inconsequential scene in the ironman movie... and that's all it is.

if we're comparing straight up fun or party songs off the album then i'd still take we celebrate over this. in spite of the fact that the beat gets old pretty quick at least his personality shines through on it -- can't really say that about the laborious raps on slept on tony. and supa gfk crushes it both in vibe and rhymes. i think it's a really underrated track within ghost's catalog, especially if you're looking for "authentic" ghostface. it sounds more like the product of a natural artistic process compared to the contrived soundtrack song.

as far as the rest of the album, i don't even know how anyone goes about comparing a moody stickup rap like yapp city or an absurd story about ghost dating a hitwoman on killa lipstick to this uninspired tony starks/ironman bio set to a wannabe party anthem beat, but if that's your thing then whatever.

oh and computer love shits all over this as well.
    Last edited by Huggasaurus Sex; 12-14-2008 at 01:07 AM.

more akbar

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Fuck this thread. Big Doe Rehab is good. This would've made it even better.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

both them are hot dont sleep on ghost n quit hatin on a niggas albums

^^ ey i ain't trying to shit on "Big Doe Rehab" by calling it a wack album or anything. check my review for it in the section, i'm just saying I think this has a iller vibe than most of BDR.. i was actually bumping that front-to-back yesterday and it's just something missing from it as far as the production goes, a couple of bangers and the rest is listenable material but Ghost has made me expect more than that from his solo albums... "Ironman", "Supreme Clientele", "Bulletproof Wallets" and "Pretty Toney Album" is pure greatness.

i think the longest drought of ghostface music since fishscale's release has just warped your thinking a bit. i can't see how ghost being forced to concoct a 2 verse rap that gives a straight-forward overview of the marvel ironman character can compare to any of the wacky stories, hood imagery, introspection, and just plain ill darts featured on BDR.

and leaving aside the fact that a lot of the beats off BDR were recycled in one form or another, i think most if not all of BDR's production is more interesting than this cookie-cutter party track.

more akbar