Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ghostface gives Jay-Z taste of new album

Default Re: Ghostface gives Jay-Z taste of new album

Bottom line here, You guys are obsessed with Wu now being underground, everyone in hear hates the thought of mainstream, but when 36 chambers and wu forever dropped Wu was mainstream. Jay knows how to sell albums and basically jay knows what he is doing. Honestly, if Wu members don't start pushing units they are not gonna have any deals. I have no problem with what jay said to ghost. There is a way to satisfy the mainstream and the underground and Jay has been great at that for years now. I think ghost should welcome his advice. I know i will get bashed for this but I don't wanna see wu tang extinct so i will settle for a few mainstream songs . GUYS ITS NOT 1994 ANYMORE WU MAKES MUSIC TO EAT. NOT TO SATISFY ALL OF US.....

Banned

it sounds like jay-z thinks ghostface is a fag.

That's annoying. It makes it sound like Ghost is saying "daddy daddy, did I do good?" And then Jay says "well son, you have a lot to learn in life, but you're just a silly kid, someday you'll get it." He's talking to fuckin Ghost, who came in the game with RZA, he doesn't need any fuckin advice.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

Banned

maybe hes becoming a dick ryder like my father,who knows,right?

Dolla dolla bill yaaaall! RhymzaRua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tajeco
    That's annoying. It makes it sound like Ghost is saying "daddy daddy, did I do good?" And then Jay says "well son, you have a lot to learn in life, but you're just a silly kid, someday you'll get it." He's talking to fuckin Ghost, who came in the game with RZA, he doesn't need any fuckin advice.
    Tajeco, it's called talking to your BOSS, who is your superior regardless of age or longevity in the business, whatever business that be! It's an EXPECTED thing that highly invested-in people in a business (like rap artists) will periodically report their progress to their bosses (like label presidents)!

WuCorp Million Dollar Man Roman Deini's Avatar

i'd rather have jay as a boss and see whats good or bad on my album then some dude who dont know jack shit about hiphop and makes me wanna do all that commercial shit. jigga knows the Wu history, he knows what Ghost is capable off and he knows whats gonna best for Ghost. he trying to help him to put out a good and dope album.

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”

i always got the impression that ghost wore different masks, and pretty toney is his comercial side...if he's doing another album along those lines then of course he wants it to sell. His iron man, underground side comes out by working with mf doom, dangermouse etc.
    the tracks that were left off the pretty toney album were left off becasue he wasn't aloud to release them at the time due to sample clearance.

No big deal. Ghost was bringing his shit to Hov already done, he just wanted a finishing touch. He says it himself. It's a sign that Jay respects Ghost that he gives him that freedom. And as for the 13 tracks, RZA even says that he likes albums to be that length. He'd probably give Ghost the same advice.