View Poll Results: What do you rate Violent By Design?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

11 78.57%
  • Banger

3 21.43%
  • Average

0 0%
  • Poor

0 0%
  • Garbage

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violent By Design

Default Jedi Mind Tricks - Violent By Design

Jedi Mind Tricks - Violent By Design

1. Intro
    2. Retaliation
    3. Contra
    4. Speech Cobras
    5. Breath of God (Interlude)
    6. Death March
    7. Words from Mr. Len (Part One)
    8. I Against I
    9. Exertions (Remix)
    10. The Prophecy (Interlude)
    11. Heavenly Divine
    12. Sacrifice
    13. Permanent Midnight
    14. The Deer Hunter
    15. Blood Reign
    16. Words from Mr. Len (Part Two)
    17. Genghis Khan
    18. Trinity
    19. The Executioners Dream
    20. Muerte
    21. Heavenly Divine (Remix)
    22. Army of the Pharoahs: War Ensemble

BONUS TRACKS

23. Untitled
    24. Retaliation (Remix)
    24. Blood Runs Cold

ps why is there no thread for this?

1. Intro - 5/5
    Does a great job of setting the dark landscape of the album. I love how the horns in the background grow louder and you hear "for he is the Harbinger of Death"

2. Retaliation 4/5
    Jus Allah starts off the album with a great verse. Good beat. I'd give this track 5/5 but Vinnie Paz has a wack as fuck verse.

3. Contra 5/5
    Classic sounding beat. Vinnie Paz and Jus Allah both have great verses, as well as guest Killa Sha. "Playin on your wrists like strings on a violin"

4. Speech Cobras 5/5
    Absolute fuckin genius sample at the beginning. Guest Mr. Lif outshines everyone, although Jus Allah and Vinnie Paz have strong verses as well. Great beat

5. Breath of God (Interlude) 5/5
    Stephen Hawking sounds pretty damn creepy when put over eerie screams and voices. Great interlude. I'm rating the interludes too just because i think they're integral to the overall feel of the album

6. Death March 4.5/5
    Virtuoso and Esoteric have average verses (compared to what I know they're capable of). But Jus Allah has a flawless verse and Vinnie Paz has a damn good verse as well. Undertaker sample is a little corny, but I guess its pretty dark

7. Words from Mr. Len (Part One) 0/5
    Don't know why they through this shit on here. Pain in the ass, only problem I have with the album

8. I Against I 5/5
    One of the best Stoupe beats of all time. Incredible. Planetary comes through hard on this. One of my all-time favorite Jus Allah verses. Vinnie Paz is alright on this.

9. Exertions (Remix) 4/5
    The beat is comprised of strings and a vocal sample. It's a remix of the Five Perfect Exertions track. For some reason, Chief Kamachi's verse was cut. And it was my favorite verse on the track! Virtuoso and Esoteric have good verses. Bahamadia too, but it's hard to hear it. I think that's why Kamachi's verse was cut. It was too quiet.

10. The Prophecy (Interlude) 4/5
    Not my favorite Interlude, but I still like it. Gives you a little breather to get you ready for the next track !!!

11. Heavenly Divine 5/5
    Incredible beat! Classic material right here. Jus Allah is amazing. vinnie Paz comes hard. Hook is great. CLASSIC.

12. Sacrifice 5/5
    Funny how effective a sample from Antz is so effective. Fucking Antz. It seperates the intro beat from the actual beat. Which is phenomenal. Big Pun sample on the hook. Both emcees come hard as fuck.

13. Permanent Midnight 5/5
    Eerie-ass vocal sample. I bet if you heard its original, it wouldn't sound eerie at all.

14. The Deer Hunter 5/5
    Probably the best beat I have ever heard. It's that good. Chief Kamachi aka The Deer Hunter comes hard. Vinnie Paz and Jus Allah have GARBAGE VERSES!! fuckin idiots almost ruining the best beat ever created. fuck them though, im still giving it a 5 because of the beat

15. Blood Reign 4/5
    posse cut. louis logic rips it. i'd give it a 5 but it's just nothing spectacular

16. Words from Mr.Len (Part Two) 0/5
    Fuck this garbage

17. Genghis Khan 5/5
    tragedy khadafi comes through on this. jus allah has a great verse. beat is hard as fuck.

18. Trinity 5/5
    great beat. louis logic does a great job once again. paz has a great verse as well. the only track without jus allah

19. The Executioners Dream 4/5
    the way this song starts is amazing. almost like an interlude, but it leads into the song really well. jus allah and vinnie paz have amazing verses. amazing beat for sure. the guy who spits third is fucking terrible. just terrible. brings it down to a 4

20. Muerte 5/5
    i really like the beat. paz comes hard as fuck, so does jus allah. the track closes off with a different beat and a sample of somebody readng poetry. would have been the PERFECT outro to a near perfect album. but theres more

21. Heavenly Divine (Remix) 4/5
    pretty good beat, nowhere near the epicness of the original. the verses are re-recorded and they hypeman each other. the chorus is replaced by poetic samples. probably shoudln't have been included

22. Army of the Pharoahs: War Ensemble (5/5)
    probably vinnie paz's illest verse on the enitre album. definitely esoteric's illest verse of his career. love that verse!! virtuoso comes hard too. beat is pretty good

BONUS TRACKS

23. Untitled (5/5)
    beat has a desert type feel. vinnie paz's verse is from blood reign. jus allah's verse is great!! they go back and forth on the third verse like heavenly divine. jus allah completely outshines paz

24. Retaliation (Remix) (5/5)
    i actually like this beat more than the original. too bad it's censored.

24. Blood Runs Cold (5/5)
    amazing beat!! everybody comes hard, with sean price. not sure why this is a bonus track, its top quality!

OVERALL

5/5. classic underground material. listening to the album all the way through feels like a movie. one of my favorite albums of all time

One of my favourites ever ever ever. Beats and lyrics are ill, cover is too ill.

Teachin Da SeedZ

8/10

Great album. Teck clearly doesnt understand the concept of a 5 point rating system.

favorite tracks

death march
    i against i
    heavenly devine
    genghis khan

Jus allah ripped every track he was on. Him and stoupe were the highlights of the album. Kamachi came with arguably the best verse in hip hip, although paz man came and ruined the song

5/5. Classic.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nycto View Post
    Great album. Teck clearly doesnt understand the concept of a 5 point rating system.

favorite tracks

death march
    i against i
    heavenly devine
    genghis khan

Jus allah ripped every track he was on. Him and stoupe were the highlights of the album. Kamachi came with arguably the best verse in hip hip, although paz man came and ruined the song
    Yup, you're right, that was the best verse in Hip-Hip, I've heard way better Hip-Hop Verses.. 4.5/5 album
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

An underground classic. Intelligent lyrics about otherworldly shit. Very good stuff

10/10

I need to check this shit out. Been hearing how great it is. Should I get the $20 limited edition vinyl they're selling? You guys think it's worth the pick up?

I would recommend picking up the vinyl version for $20 if your a JMT fan. It's their best album and a underground classic but It does sound like it was made in somebody's bedroom (since it was) which is why I think it would sound dope on vinyl. The only issue with getting the vinyl version is that you miss out on the DVD that comes with the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    I would recommend picking up the vinyl version for $20 if your a JMT fan. It's their best album and a underground classic but It does sound like it was made in somebody's bedroom (since it was) which is why I think it would sound dope on vinyl. The only issue with getting the vinyl version is that you miss out on the DVD that comes with the CD.
    What's the DVD got?

Also, do you think the vinyl version will be worth a lot in say 20 years?

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    What's the DVD got?
    If I remember right, the DVD just contained mostly backstage footage from touring for the Vision of Gandhi album and footage from concerts. They performed the popular tracks from Violent by Design. They traveled to Niagara Falls. It was actually put together quite well and had good tunes dubbed over most of the backstage footage, but I only watched it maybe twice. It was about 20 minutes long.

This is the 2nd half of the DVD:

Last edited by madchild; 07-17-2013 at 11:09 PM.

^Cool. Do they have the first part up too?

Turns out that the vinyl reissue is around $30. Not sure if I should get it or not. I don't own the album in any physical form but I really want to...

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    ^Cool. Do they have the first part up too?
    No, it looks like it was taken down due to copyright infringements. Found this though. Full DVD but you need to let it preload for an hour since it's slow.

http://vbox7.com/play:d504ef5f
    Last edited by madchild; 07-18-2013 at 03:27 PM.

PRODIGAL SUN