3 15.79%

1 5.26%

1 5.26%

7 36.84%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Young Jeezy - The Recession

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

album sucked..

listened to it, top ta bottom,.. even blazed the fuck out ta listen to it ta enjoy it more..

..jus' wasn't doin' it for me, .. shit jus' flat out sucks

Suga Duga

listened to the album all day. its crazy.

fav tracks:
    circulate
    by the way
    crazy world
    vacation
    what they want

Shaolin Master

This album is way overrated. The beats are wack to me. When I hear a south album, I expect silky funky production, a la UGK Ridin Dirty or Supertight. These beats I could make on my casio keyboard, no real musicianship is involved. As far as the lyrics are concerned, Young cheezy is bad and I mean bad meaning terrible. Ghostlaced you like some wack shit.

I am bumping that Pain Language, because that is true hardcore hip hop with actual lyricism, not this garbage.

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by derek41 View Post
    This album is way overrated. The beats are wack to me. When I hear a south album, I expect silky funky production, a la UGK Ridin Dirty or Supertight. These beats I could make on my casio keyboard, no real musicianship is involved. As far as the lyrics are concerned, Young cheezy is bad and I mean bad meaning terrible. Ghostlaced you like some wack shit.

I am bumping that Pain Language, because that is true hardcore hip hop with actual lyricism, not this garbage.
    you don't get it. do you really think ppl listen to jeezy b/c of his lyrical skills? do you really think that?

Shaolin Master

I think I "get it" just fine. I don't care what people listen to this cat for. I don't care about album sales, but I do care about lyrics, therefore I don't like this crap. I also like beats, and beats today are just not up to snuff from what I consider hip hop. These down south beats are just monotonous keyboard driven wackness that I can't get into. Sorry that I don't kiss these wack rappers asses, but the shit is garbage.

Shaolin Master

I also like gangsta shit, but there is no originality to these new cats. They talk about the same boring shit, rides, women, drugs, guns. The shit is played. If these new rappers could come with a new spin on this gangsta shit I would give it a shot, but I can't justify listening to this stupid ignorant shit.

wuswordz95

i m not a jezzy fan. but because weezy and jezzy sound alike sometimes i mistake the jezzy for lil wayne and im like fuck that jezzy fool.

This album hits hard. Still, alot of the beats are too simple. And I have to somewhat agree with Derek. I know when playing Jeezy that I won't get blown away with lyrics, but I need to hear a few good verses from time to time. Not a bad album, but doesn't really stand out to me. review coming soon.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

i think lyrically he is a very good rapper on this album actually. he gets too much flack for his mic skills. He is actually a very solid rapper. He is always on beat, his flow is smoove, his lyrics are charismatic, and entertaining.

"BY THE WAY" is a fucking beast song. If that song doesnt get you hype i dont know what will.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    If that song doesnt get you hype i dont know what will.
    You committing suicide

Teachin Da SeedZ

^youre the one whos depressed fagface.

and stop biting my avatar photo in your sig

IM STIL NOT BORED OF THIS SHIT!! SHITS HOT!! I BUMPED IT EVERY DDAY SINCE IT CAME OUT

album of the year so far

^youre the one whos depressed fagface.

and stop biting my avatar photo in your sig

IM STIL NOT BORED OF THIS SHIT!! SHITS HOT!! I BUMPED IT EVERY DDAY SINCE IT CAME OUT

album of the year so far
    This one posts sums up your utter stupidity, and you aren't even a gimmick.

Teachin Da SeedZ

Quote Originally Posted by DJMethods View Post
    This one posts sums up your utter stupidity, and you aren't even a gimmick.
    lol, your mom was a gimmick, thats why you were made.

Oh well, I guess im just part of the other 500,000 people who have bought Jeezys album who are "udderly stupid", and legends and genius like Kanye west who work with Jeezy in the studio.

Jeezy= your favorite rappers favorite rapper. And Jeezy "hates rappers". Jeezy is the hoods motivational speaker.

lol, your mom was a gimmick, thats why you were made.

Oh well, I guess im just part of the other 500,000 people who have bought Jeezys album who are "udderly stupid", and legends and genius like Kanye west who work with Jeezy in the studio.

Jeezy= your favorite rappers favorite rapper. And Jeezy "hates rappers". Jeezy is the hoods motivational speaker.
    The only hood you've been to was on your mothers clit, don't front.

I'm not insulting Jeezy either, I'm insulting you. You're just insulting my intelligence.

Teachin Da SeedZ

Quote Originally Posted by DJMethods View Post

I'm not insulting Jeezy either, I'm insulting you. You're just insulting my intelligence.

In the words of Jeezy "Im way to intelligent, to play with my intelligence"