• TUPAC

44 38.26%
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nas Vs 2pac

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default Nas Vs 2pac

Whos the greatest.

iyo.

Whos the greatest rapper. I ask this question because this brings up some issues for you dumbass niggas on here who dont FULLY understand what it means to be a "great" rapper. Just because Nas made probably the best album of all time, just because Nas had probably the best lyrical performance in history, does that make him a greater rapper than someone like 2pac?

....Someone like 2pac.....a man like Pac.....

I've never been a huge pac fan, just from personal taste and other things around at the time i preffered, but i can fully comprehend his genius in alot of areas. I also think Pac's lyrics were genius too though.

And I dont think any rapper has ever got into the zones Pac got to with his rhymes. This guys aura put a cloud over all other rappers. No one could match his charisma, energy, creativity in hi style, persona, PURE SWAGGA, Pac was a symbol to a ideal, like Kurt Cobain was a symbol to his genre.

pac >>>> nas

OK

Lil Wayne vs Lupe Fiasco

Who's the greatest rapper then?

NaS + Lupe Fiasco

I see where you coming from bout Pac though, he's one of the greatest personalities hip-hop has ever seen - but me personally I'd rather listen to Nas who is probably the G.O.A.T. for me. ain't feeling Wayne at all..

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

PRODIGAL SUN

Tupac

and i think Makaveli:7 day theory is a better album than Illmatic

you gota look at it this way...when they were both alive pac had a better catalogue of music.he made 3 classic LP's in a row..nas only made 1 classic and one good follow up that fell short of classic

^^don't be silly. Pac had no classics and this is coming from a Pac fan.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

good question,but they're really 2 very different rappers

i spend my first 4 years as a hip hop fan listening to pac EXCLUSIVELY so im pretty tired of him right about now...

he dropped 3 of the best albums in a row though

2pacs albums after he died is better than nas' shit. that tells u somethin. and more ppl know who pac is than nas. lyrically nas might be better, but that don't make him a better rapper overall.

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    good question,but they're really 2 very different rappers
    that was the whole point.

but im not trying to say one is lyrical with no charisma and one isnt lyrical with lots of charisma, because I think Pac is also one of the very best writers ever to touch a mic.

its more complex than that, what makes a great rapper, i think the hip hop idea stands for alot mroe than just someone who is techically the "best MC', hip hop is bigger than that. so the rapper has to be bigger than that too. other wise we are actually moving farther away from thwat true hip hop is really all about when we start complaining about all these New rappers who you dont consider "real hip hop", when really, they are realer than real. they are true hip hop, what hip hop means.

hip hop has never given strict guidelines on what its supposed to sound like, youre creating them, hip hop hasnt come this far with those sort of narrow minded ideas on things. hip hop is not owned by anyone.

and people who really understand how this whole hip hop thing started, and what the people were like who started it, will understand that.

i think somewhat the overall hype of 2Pac's name has got me avoiding his music a bit.. but then again i love the whole vibe and sound of the East Coast so much more than the West sound as well.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    ^^don't be silly. Pac had no classics and this is coming from a Pac fan.
    me against the world
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg

I voted for Nas......... I'm not a big fan of Pac........
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=55925&dateline=119951  8518

THE CHEF LOVES MY MASTERPIECE

Nas wishes he was tupac
    therefore pac automatically wins

^^ lol, true

TheWolf

I really liked Tupac till I was about 15. Can't listen to him anymore.

Nas has released some seriously shit music, bit also some great music which i still reguarly listen to.

Nas.