Thread: GZA at HOUSE OF BLUES Chicago (review)

Default GZA at HOUSE OF BLUES Chicago (review)

Peace

Just thought I'd throw up a quick review of the recent GZA show at the House of Blues show recently. Show was definately worth it, I went with three of my homeys, purchased tix at the door for $28. The opener was some dude I never heard of, props to dude for trying but he had me and my guys rolling with some Discoteque song, where he just kept repeating "discoteck, discotek, discotek" lol. The crowd was as expected, mostly white teens in tight jeans.

Things really starting rolling when Killah Priest came out. He did a nice set of mostly him and someone with him that spit a couple times (dreddy?). Cool to see his song off Ghost Dog live, plus the one that starts off "Its the Byzantine King, Supreme". Kept us jumping.

Then after about a 40 break, GZA takes the stage and ripped it up. He did the whole Liquid Swords album, in order (I think he's being doing this ever since that Project Pitchfork festival show). This was followed by songs off Beneath the Surface (breaker breaker, a couple of the ones with KP with KP doing his part, etc.), songs off Legend, and finally at the end some of the songs of Pro Tools. The crowd was livest when he did some the 36 chambers Clan in the Front, which figures. There was a cool moment where they brought a dude on stage in a wheelchair and gave him props for making it to the show, wu fans run deep. Later on, there was a funny moment cause some guys next to me were shouting out "Fuck 50" when GZA was taking requests and then at the very end GZA says "here's the thing you were waiting to hear" and does Paper Plate, lol. Dope song. Fuck 50, fo sho sho.

OVERALL, dope show, GZA the Genius doing his thing. Peep it if he comes to a town near you.

PEACE

yeah i got my tix for gza in november so im looking forward to that shyt.

cheers for the lil review fam

peace

He ain't coming to Florida. If he did, I'd definitely go.

Good review.

Damn I missed it, I did not know he was coming
    "Borough hopping, copping bricks, bags, burners and kicks City slickers, circling the strip, working them tricks"
    -Rebel INS the GREAT!!!

Veteran Member

DEFINITELY NOT DREDDY KRUGER...M-EIGHTY / ALMIGHTY ALL DAY!