Page 51 of 354 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling

some people should never be a face like edge he would never be right being a face but is one of the best heels undertaker should become a heel again

Well, Christian was a heel for a while in WWE, before he came to the TnA. And he started off as a face in TnA, so they turned him into a face, not a heel. In my opinion, Christian is much better as a heel. Even when wrestlers are better as heels, sometimes it can be good to change heels to faces every once in a while, to change things up. It seems like whenever Angle becomes a face, it's usually just for a short time. Some wrestlers are good at being both a face and a heel. Which wrestlers do you think are good at being both a face and heel? I'll list some of my choices later.

I saw a little of Smackdown, the Taker/Kane vs MVP/Kennedy match. Great match, great ending. Classic WWF.

New Japan meets with WWE
    December 14, 2006

During his visit to the United States on Thursday morning, President of New Japan Pro Wrestling Antonio Inoki stopped by WWE World Headquarters in Stamford, Conn., to meet with Executive Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis.

During the brief, cordial meeting, both sides discussed possible business ventures in the future between WWE and New Japan Pro Wrestling the largest wrestling promotion in Japan.

Check back with WWE.com as more details on New Japan and WWE become available.

This is great news, Jushin Thunder Liger in the WWE!

BIG L Rest In Peace

wuswordz95

im against that idea. wwe is entertainment and new japan is wrestling. like vince is gonna allow his top boys to lose to new japan greats. I dont see it happenning.

Quote Originally Posted by kris kasper View Post
    Armageddon was decent, not the greatest, but decent.....I won't say any of the results, though I will say I'm glad they made Benoit retain his US title.
    I will also say this, it is getting very tiresome to see the majority of winner on PPVs be baby faces. Last WWE PPV (Survivor Series) there was only one "1" heel who won, I won't say how many this time because again, it'll give away the results; but this is getting really annoying for the fact that its almost preidctable now whos gonna win at each PPV. If this keeps up, whats the point in getting the PPV when u already know whos gonna win?
    Just my thoughts....
    I aint seen it but i agree on the predictablity of matches, i hate batista and john cena they are totally over pushed, wwe should allow other people to hold the title.
    I hate it when mostly faces win, its like their trying to please the younger audience and the marks.
    I hope RVD goes to TNA the bigger the competition TNA gets the better.
    We need that competitveness back in wrestling so each show is trying to better the other each week rather than what we see in WWE where they dont even need to try at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcryt View Post
    I aint seen it but i agree on the predictablity of matches, i hate batista and john cena they are totally over pushed, wwe should allow other people to hold the title.
    I hate it when mostly faces win, its like their trying to please the younger audience and the marks.
    I hope RVD goes to TNA the bigger the competition TNA gets the better.
    We need that competitveness back in wrestling so each show is trying to better the other each week rather than what we see in WWE where they dont even need to try at the moment.
    when vince bought wcw i knew this was going to happen if tna can get rvd then that would be great for wrestling

I heard Joey Mercury(Matthews) took a stiff accidental ladder shot to his face? He had to get a lot of stitches to his broken nose. I used to see him wrestle in my hometown at a local indy promotion, a few years back.

Well, concerning the faces getting the upperhand in WWE, that has gone on for years and years. In more recent times, Austin and the Rock used to win a lot. Except the storylines were more interesting then. In WCW, when the NWO was around, it was more unpredictible about what was going to happen.

They should try and make the tag team division more legit on Raw. It seems whenever they form more tag teams, then they go and bury the teams for some reason. lol I like that Benjamin and Haas are back together again. They both are skilled wrestlers. Benjamin needs to work on his mic skills though.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I heard Joey Mercury(Matthews) took a stiff accidental ladder shot to his face? He had to get a lot of stitches to his broken nose. I used to see him wrestle in my hometown at a local indy promotion, a few years back.

Well, concerning the faces getting the upperhand in WWE, that has gone on for years and years. In more recent times, Austin and the Rock used to win a lot. Except the storylines were more interesting then. In WCW, when the NWO was around, it was more unpredictible about what was going to happen.

They should try and make the tag team division more legit on Raw. It seems whenever they form more tag teams, then they go and bury the teams for some reason. lol I like that Benjamin and Haas are back together again. They both are skilled wrestlers. Benjamin needs to work on his mic skills though.
    if benjamin could improve his mic skills he could be a main eventer dude is nasty in the ring one of my favorite people to watch yo remember when being the tag team champs ment something now it dose not seem that importent but maybe there is hope how come ecw only has one title?

^ Regardless of the fact that the faces usually get the upper hand at the PPV's, this is gettin gout of hand.

The last 2 WWE related PPV's, the faces have won every match except "1" both at Survivor Series, and at Armageddon. This was not the case at Cyber Sunday a few months back, the majority of winners were heels at that one.

The point is, that PPV's are getting more predicatable then ever, and it's almost totally useless to see them now since u know whos gonna win....yes u could say PPV's have in a sense always been kinda predictable, but its more-so now...and I don't think the Rock nor Austin had as much of a winning run as Cena has had this year in their whole careers.....I think Cena has maybe lost 3 times at most this year, thats ridiculous...even when The Rock or Stone Cold were in a tag matc h with some1, they'd occassionally lose, or a non title match.....EVERY match Cena is included in u know he's gonna win...

As far as Mercury goes, yes it was a nasty shot to the face. It was a spring board ladder shot from Jeff Hardy where he landed on teh chair, it sprung up, and smoked him in the nose....it exlpoded blood and he was visibly shaken......he kept opening and shutting his eyes.....not a pretty site.

did they stop the match or anything?

^ because WWECW has a very limited roster, and after that poor excuse of a PPV "december 2 Dismember" they lost a lot of ratings....(not that they had much t begin with). Now that Heyman is off the creative team, its a question who'll they get to replace him. WWECW will eventually get another title, I'd personally rather see the Cruiserweight divison migrate there for the fact there hasn't been a decent feud for the Cruiserweight title since Kid Kash vs Juventud Guerrera (thats almost a year ago now). Atleast in WWECW, it'd have a new championship belt, and a hord of new wrestlers added to their already bleak roster.
    Thogh I'd like them to bring back the TV title for WWECW; it was poorly used and a useless belt in WCW, but in ECW back in the day, it seemed to be even more prestigeous than their heavyweight belt. U had RVD, Sabu, Tazz, Jerry Lynn, Rhino, etc etc all fighting for it....good ol'days
    i would love for them to change the name of ecw cuz any one who saw/remembers the real ecw knows this is not ecw

Shogun Assassin Liquidswordsman's Avatar

This is a old school wrestling question............

Who was it the won the TV title in WCW and then proptly threw it in the garbage and made it no longer exist???

I always loved that move but could never remember how had done it. For some reason i always say it was Nash but that just doesnt seem right.
    'A spade in the club with the heart to wear diamonds' GZA
    'Wizard of Clarks; Tony Oz' Ghostface

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wooly Noggins
    usa was built on terrorism

Yeah, I remember when that wrestler threw the TV title in the trash. lol

By the way, how was Taylor able to wrestle last night? I didn't think he was supposed to be back yet, because of his injury. I haven't been keeping track though, maybe it has been a few months since he last wrestled.

What happened to the WCW Television Title?
    After being one of the most prestigious titles in NWA/WCW, the Television title lost value at the end of WCW's run and was scrapped a year before it's close. The last actual title change took place on October 24, 1999 when Rick Steiner beat Chris Benoit. Scott Hall was then given the title for no reason and just 8 days later he threw the title in the trash saying he didn't want it. The television title then was scrapped for a short while until Hacksaw Jim Duggan "found" the title in the trash on a February 2000 edition of Saturday Night and was made the champion and only defended it on WCW Saturday Night. After Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff were brought back into WCW in April 2000 they decided to vacant all the titles and the Television title was never mentioned again.

Shogun Assassin Liquidswordsman's Avatar

"Heyyy Yoooooo, I dont need this tv title" *belt in trash* " lets go drink my career away".........."wheres my tazor???"
    'A spade in the club with the heart to wear diamonds' GZA
    'Wizard of Clarks; Tony Oz' Ghostface

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wooly Noggins
    usa was built on terrorism