Thread: Pro Wrestling

Do you remember the one time when the hardcore title kept changing hands like every few mins, all the way back to the locker room and stuff? lol I think one of the divas had won it one of the times.

^^ that was when hardcore holly an crash used to swap the title every week? lol

haha

Is Austin's movie called 'The Stranger' any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Guillotine View Post
    btw any of yall ever heard of uwf

Are there a lot of fat white women valets in that?

Shane Doulgas talks about Ric Flair:

On Ric Flair: "Ric was the reason I got into the business. I idolized him, and when I met him, he fell so far short of my expectations. Not as a wrestler, but as a man. Embarrassing the things that I've watched him do, pulling out his privates in front of children, in a bar full of children. Running up and down hallways naked. Things that to me, and just as a man, I don't equivocate with being a man or a champion of a company, and the politics between us, and that I've watched him to do hold down all the young talent that came up. Look, no one was going to take Ric Flair's spot. He's The Nature Boy, Ric Flair! He's an icon, but he was so worried looking over his shoulder at young guys coming up the ladder, you know, that I think if I tried from his career in later years, and I for one called him on it. For better or for worse, and then..and there's been a lot of worse to it. I speak my mind, but nobody can come back and say, "You're a liar, or you twisted the truth," or whatever. These are the things that I witnessed and I watched, and to me, it's all part and partial. ..You know wrestling didn't come to this bad bottom point by accident or by one or 2 accidents. It's been a quilt of bad decisions, and bad moves, and tough breaks, and whatever else. And when I met Ric Flair as a young guy coming up that ladder with stars in my eyes. I mean, I was a young, green..greener than goose crap kid coming up, and when I met him, I was so enthralled. Nature Boy Ric Flair, the greatest wrestler in the history of our business, and then sat back night after night, week after week, month after month , watching him act like a total jerk, and treat people like a total jerk. It didn't work for me. It was like meeting your hero, and suddenly finding out he's an idiot or a jerk, and then..for all those things. And I called him on it. I called him on it, and I guess he didn't like it. Oh well! You know you got 2 choices, shut up or put your fists up, and he chose not to do the latter."

Shane Douglas is still bitter because Flair didn't watch his match

--Pro wrestler gets back in the ring after being homeless and fighting drug addiction

http://www.albertleatribune.com/2011...n-but-not-out/

haha

--Scott Hall Enters Rehab Again

Scott Hall is back in rehab.

According to a source, Hall was picked up at his home via a limo that WWE sent. This happened within the last week or two. Hall then entered a rehab facility on November 12th. We're told that Hall had been drinking heavily again in recent months.

This marks the 11th time Hall has entered rehab. WWE is paying his rehab this time around as well. Stephanie McMahon noted several weeks ago on ESPN that the company has spent in the six figures to get him help.

How was the PPV?

Did they break up Awesome Truth cause Truth got suspended?

CM Punk:

"He's very bourgeoisie Hollywood, and I just wish he would say hello to people backstage and not act like he was above everybody. Cena doesn't act like that. Cena sits and talks and fraternizes with everybody, but Dwayne just can't be bothered. Then again, I don't know if anyone really wants to hang out with him. He was in the 'Tooth Fairy.' If he's so good at what he does, why doesn't he impart some of that knowledge to the young guys and help out? I guess I'm just trying to figure out why he came back. I don't think it's money. I think he's OK money-wise, so I don't know."

-Pro wrestler faces decades in prison

After a Hamilton County jury convicted him Wednesday, the pro wrestler called “Gangsta of Love” faces decades in prison for failing to tell 11 sex partners he tested positive for HIV, putting them at risk for the potentially deadly virus.

Andre Davis, 29, of Hyde Park, also stands accused in similar cases with five women in Butler and Warren counties.

On Wednesday, jurors appeared weary as they filed into Common Pleas Court. They deliberated nine hours, ending an eight-day trial.

As Judge Jerome J. Metz Jr. read “guilty” aloud 14 times, Davis bit his lip at one point. Davis had been indicted on 15 felonious assault charges, but the jury acquitted Davis of a single count.

Ohio law requires people who test positive for HIV, the potentially deadly Human Immunodeficiency Virus, to disclose their test results to potential sex partners. Failure to disclose a positive HIV test constitutes felonious assault, the law says.

Davis’ lawyer, Greg Cohen, attacked the law as “very poorly written.”

He said Ohio and Wisconsin are the only two states in the nation with laws declaring failure to disclose HIV a crime despite no proof of actual harm – or infecting anyone with AIDS. He noted some people live for long periods with HIV, which “might never blossom into AIDS.”

It’s unclear whether any of Davis’ victims tested positive for HIV; that was not part of the case against him.

Cohen said issues with the state law and other concerns are ripe for appeal.

But Assistant Prosecutor Amy Tranter said the law has already been upheld after at least one challenge on appeal, adding, “the law is there to protect people.”

The law has been on the books for several years and is seldom used, Tranter said; she knows of only two other HIV-nondisclosure cases prosecuted in Hamilton County. One of those defendants was sentenced to prison for 16 years, she said.

But Davis’ case is the county’s first case involving so many victims, Tranter said.

Each of Davis’ 14 felonious assault convictions carries two to eight years in prison.

Metz said he has a “full range” of options at sentencing, which is set for Dec. 21. Metz ordered Davis to undergo a psychological evaluation; the results will be considered at sentencing, along with victim-impact statements and other information.

In such a case, prison time is presumed under Ohio law, Cohen said. Probation is possible but highly unlikely, he said. Still, Cohen noted, Davis has no prior criminal history.

Tranter conceded that point – but countered, “Can you really consider him a first-time offender when he has 11 different victims?”

In addition to the 11 Hamilton County victims, there are alleged to be four victims in Warren County and an additional victim in Liberty Township, Butler County. Trial dates have not been set in those cases.

In the Hamilton County case, Tranter said she’ll be arguing to keep Davis “out of civilized society for as long as possible,” because she’s convinced he would continue to have sex without revealing his HIV-positive status.

“He’s shown no remorse, no responsibility for anything that he’s done,” she said.

Tranter, who discussed the verdict with jurors, wouldn’t say whether they revealed a rationale for their sole “not guilty” finding.

Jurors declined to talk to reporters, as did Davis’ supporters, which included his mother, sister and the mother of his two children.

As TV videographers turned on spotlights and asked Davis’ supporters for comment, one woman shouted: “Get out of our faces!”

And while whisking away a sobbing relative, whose face was covered with a coat, another woman sneered: “It’s just cruel, the way you all are.”

lol @ iron shiek