Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Someone Recommend Some Comic Books?

Exclamation Can Someone Recommend Some Comic Books?

i was wondering if someone could recommend some good comic books. im talking about comic books that have great storylines, characters and great pencilling as well as inking from the artist/inker. Back in the day i use to have alot of comic books mostly Spawn, the maxx, the creed, and iron man. any suggestion would be greatly appericated. Also do any of you guys know where or if possible could a person read an issue of a comic book online?

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

go to my thread many great arc in there

click the sig if you vatican status

You oughta fuck around with Punisher Max and Cable & Deadpool.

super ditto^^

also The Dark KNight Returns...and Watchmen.

Fables and Elephantmen are my two favorites right now. Punisher MAX is good as well, 100 Bullets is good, it's about to end though. The new X-Force and the new Thor are also good. As far as graphic novels and story arcs, you should check out pretty much anything Alan Moore's written (in addition to Watchmen I'd recommend From Hell (one of the best graphic novels I've ever read), V for Vendetta, and the Promethea series) Also, alot of people shit on it, but I enjoy Frank Miller and Jim Lee's All Star Batman and Robin quite a bit. It only comes out about 3 or 4 times a year though, but there's a hardcover of the first 9 issues out. Also, peep Grant Morrison's work on Batman right now with the RIP and Black Glove stuff, a real interesting take on the character. And if you don't have Batman Year One, Killing Joke, and th Long Halloween, get those ASAP.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 10-19-2008 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy K View Post
    You oughta fuck around with Punisher Max and Cable & Deadpool.
    Cable & Deadpool was the business until they decided to export Cable to X-Men (to facilitate another underwhelming crossover) and make it Marvel Team Up with Deadpool (those issues were good but still....) The new Cable series is worth a look though it's glacially paced and I hate how Bishop's some crazed villain now. The new Deadpool series is straight up violent and funny goodness.

Anybody else think that for the most part the X-Books have completely derailed since House of M (aside from X-Force and the stuff Mike Carey and Chris Bachalo were doing)? The whole No More Mutants shit was fucking idiotic...Marvel's been fucking up alot in the last 2 or 3 years to me with X-Men and Spider-Man...Thor and Punisher are probably the best books they publish right now...and the Dark Tower stuff is awesome too.

Well okay heres some.

Thor (JMS run current) The way JMS brings so much out of ALL the asgardians, Besides Thor himself is amazing

X-factor: Madro x is mint

Deadpool(solo current) The man is HILARIOUS

Captain America: The ENTIRE Brubaker run up through to now.

Try the civil war chronicles
    killafifth.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by vay727 View Post
    Cable & Deadpool was the business until they decided to export Cable to X-Men (to facilitate another underwhelming crossover) and make it Marvel Team Up with Deadpool (those issues were good but still....) The new Cable series is worth a look though it's glacially paced and I hate how Bishop's some crazed villain now. The new Deadpool series is straight up violent and funny goodness.

Anybody else think that for the most part the X-Books have completely derailed since House of M (aside from X-Force and the stuff Mike Carey and Chris Bachalo were doing)? The whole No More Mutants shit was fucking idiotic...Marvel's been fucking up alot in the last 2 or 3 years to me with X-Men and Spider-Man...Thor and Punisher are probably the best books they publish right now...and the Dark Tower stuff is awesome too.
    disagree with the punisher thing..shit has been much lackluster....both the max one and the normal, kill osborn one.

i recommend The Sandman, and one of my favorites...Madman..shit is great.

^^^lol i wrote that about the punisher back when ennis was still writing it, you should still buy those

and yes, sandman is one of the best of all time

buy that, and alan moore stuff (v for vendetta, watchmen, league of extraordinary gentlemen, etc)

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

Anna Mercury is one of my faves and vol 2 just came out........

and the X Books are kinda drab as of late....

click the sig if you vatican status

Quote Originally Posted by vay727 View Post
    ^^^lol i wrote that about the punisher back when ennis was still writing it, you should still buy those

and yes, sandman is one of the best of all time

buy that, and alan moore stuff (v for vendetta, watchmen, league of extraordinary gentlemen, etc)
    ohh, cool..ya Ennis did his shit.

Punisher Max, 100 Bullets, Y The Last Man, Preacher. All deadly!

The GOON- that's best right now IMO