Thread: I need help. First off regarding Wu teachings

Default I need help. First off regarding Wu teachings

I am about to write a bachelors degree in the next couple of months. I am a student of Rhetoric (which, as some of you might not know, is a highly ethical study. Among other things we learn to dechiper and get beyond the manipulation of government hacks).

Anyways, I am thinking about writing about the poetry of the Wu-Tang Clan. I've been listening to the clan for about 6-7 years now and I have two general ideas:

1. To write about the battle raps of the clan, especially with regards to methaphorical depths and reflection. This is obviously the easy way out.

2. To write about how the lyrics affects us, how they make us perceive the world. This is obviously a much harder task, since I would need to know much more about 5 percenter teachings and the symbolism of the clan.

For the last couple of months I've been looking around for competent interpretations of songs. Sometimes there are really great ones, but mostly people are only hinting at solutions and saying things like: "Great verse, doesn't need explanation", "Good stuff, there are many ways to interpret this one. Peace", "If you don't get this one you are among the 85%" and so on.

To get beyond that, where do I start? Any good ideas for songs to bury my brains in for the next 4-5 months?

In the process I will definitely return with more questions regarding specific words (I am not from the U.S. and some of the words with ten different meanings get lost on me).

Peace!

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Yo, peace fam...

Let me hook u up with few advice......

First of all, if I were u, I would surely choose for the beginning RZA's Sunshower from Wu-Tang 4ever!!! It's pretty much one of the dopest trackz I've ever heard, and RZA is droppin some serious knowledge on this one, bout 5%, World today & history of wu!!! So for the beginning, I suggest u that track!!!

Than, bout 5%!!! I'm also very wormed up to learn as much thingz as I can as bout 5% as bout Islam at all!!! So I actually opened thread a few dayz ago bout that, and received some pretty good answerz, so I suggest u check that thread - http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63201

And at last, bout Sunshower again, silencer dropped fuckin hell of a review, so I also suggest u to check that thread - http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60345 (propz the silencer)

So that should be it for beginning...

Hope I helped...

P.E.A.C.E.

Father of Brooklyn

i would suggest 12 Jewelz by The Gravediggaz (Rza Solo) off their second album. another good one is The Sickness off of Rza's second Bobby Digital album. or Muslim and A Jew from Remedy's Code:Red album. that track features Cilvaringz and RZA

Thank you very much for replying! I'll use the next couple of days going through the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    I am about to write a bachelors degree in the next couple of months. I am a student of Rhetoric (which, as some of you might not know, is a highly ethical study. Among other things we learn to dechiper and get beyond the manipulation of government hacks).

Anyways, I am thinking about writing about the poetry of the Wu-Tang Clan. I've been listening to the clan for about 6-7 years now and I have two general ideas:

1. To write about the battle raps of the clan, especially with regards to methaphorical depths and reflection. This is obviously the easy way out.

2. To write about how the lyrics affects us, how they make us perceive the world. This is obviously a much harder task, since I would need to know much more about 5 percenter teachings and the symbolism of the clan.

For the last couple of months I've been looking around for competent interpretations of songs. Sometimes there are really great ones, but mostly people are only hinting at solutions and saying things like: "Great verse, doesn't need explanation", "Good stuff, there are many ways to interpret this one. Peace", "If you don't get this one you are among the 85%" and so on.

To get beyond that, where do I start? Any good ideas for songs to bury my brains in for the next 4-5 months?

In the process I will definitely return with more questions regarding specific words (I am not from the U.S. and some of the words with ten different meanings get lost on me).

Peace!

Teachings of the 5 percenters, as well as NOI, is some of the craziest isht you will ever hear.