Thread: Revolutionary hip hop icon Paris gives back again

Default Revolutionary hip hop icon Paris gives back again

September 9, 2008

Revolutionary Hip-Hop Icon Paris Gives Back, New Album In-Stores 10/28

San Francisco, CA - Forget spinners and diamonds, Bay Area rapper/activist Paris is putting his own spin on the "golden ticket" contest: a college education. Three randomly placed tickets will be slipped into copies of Paris' October 28th album, Acid Reflex, on his own Guerrilla Funk Recordings and Filmworks, LLC, distributed by Fontana/Universal. With three guaranteed winners, each prize is a ten-thousand dollar award redeemable as a scholarship towards any kind of post-high school education or towards housing expenses.

"We're living in the hardest economic times in recent memory, and this is a perfect way for me to try to ease the pain for my supporters," says Paris. "I realize that money is tight for many people and that music is becoming less and less of a priority when everything is rising but wages. This is not only a perfect way for me to express my gratitude to those who continue to support me, but to emphasize both the importance of higher education and the need to continue to support art of substance."

To win, you must purchase an Acid Reflex CD at a physical retail location or online (contest does not apply to vinyl). Upon opening the CD, winners will receive notification stating "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE WON $10,000 FOR EITHER SCHOOL EXPENSES OR HOUSING!" Only winning CD packages will contain notification and details for the claiming of prizes. Non-winning CD packages will not contain notification of any kind. For more details about this promotion, log onto: www.guerrillafunk.com after October 1st.

Acid Reflex comes just in time for election year and contains commentary on a wide range of topics including black-on-black crime and violence, the ongoing problem of police brutality, war, politics and what Paris calls "the need for more of an equal balance between positive and negative influences in entertainment." Acid Reflex is the latest installment of cutting-edge funk-and-rock-inspired hip-hop in a career spanning the sale of over 3.8 million units independently worldwide. It features performances by Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee and Parliament/Funkadelic frontman George "Dr. Funkenstein" Clinton and Public Enemy leader Chuck D.

For more information about Paris, log onto: www.guerrillafunk.com
    www.myspace.com/guerrillaparis

Press Contact: Nicole Ballin
    Ballin PR, 323-651-1580 or [email protected]

The HighMindedLowLife SilvaFistz's Avatar

intersting read and thats really cool of him to help out someone get an education

-

I saw a ad for his new album in XXL magazine. I'm gonna check it out. I like Paris. He speaks knowledge and politics all the time. His album cover Sleeping With The Enemy made me laugh because he's hiding behind a tree about to shoot George Bush LOL.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I saw a ad for his new album in XXL magazine. I'm gonna check it out. I like Paris. He speaks knowledge and politics all the time. His album cover Sleeping With The Enemy made me laugh because he's hiding behind a tree about to shoot George Bush LOL.
    greatest album cover ever if you ask me!!!

paris is that dude man i loved it when he sonned sean hannity a few years ago on fox news

-

That album cover is funny LOL. You should see his album cover for Sonic Jihad. The album cover shows a airplane about to hit the white house when those attacks happened in the U.S. on 9/11/01. That album cover wasn't released in stores in america because the retail stores i guess thought it was too controversial but if you wanna see that album cover, you can buy it from Paris's website Guerrillafunk.com. Paris is a funny dude too. Him and Kam have this song on Sonic Jihad called No Love and they be dissing these wack ass rappers who they say act like monkeys and niggas LOL.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

I already heard the album two months ago, but it wasn't nuthin special....Paris as Paris.
    bring back begongo!!

-

My favorite Paris song is Days Of Old which is on Sleeping With The Enemy album. He samples The Blackbyrds Mysterious Vibes song which is a nice song.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    I already heard the album two months ago, but it wasn't nuthin special....Paris as Paris.
    thats what i like about paris tho...he stays in his lane...i wish other rappers and rap groups would do the same...do what you know...i couldnt see paris doing and shake ya booty type song or anything like that....my head would probably explode.