Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Things you can't forgive the Wu for...

Veteran Member

- Never dropping Sunz of Man: Nothing New Under the Sun on Wu-Tang Records. I guess that was more of the Sunz fault than Wu.

- The flood of 94

- The Cure ad inside Bobby Digital In Stereo booklet (in 1998!)

- Tour with Rage debacle

- Straying away from RZA's formula after 1997
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:
    "That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsouljah36 View Post
    - Never dropping Sunz of Man: Nothing New Under the Sun on Wu-Tang Records. I guess that was more of the Sunz fault than Wu.

- The flood of 94

- The Cure ad inside Bobby Digital In Stereo booklet (in 1998!)

- Tour with Rage debacle

- Straying away from RZA's formula after 1997
    I believe the Nothing New Under the Sun situation was because of Supreme bootlegging and leaking their material why it never came out but he is cool with Hell Razah and Shabazz the Disciple again so everything is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by 12weLvE View Post
    Ghost no being on "Life Changes"
    This.

Can't forgive is a bit harsh, it just annoys me.

It annoys me that clan members had to make so much compromises in their solo careers for sake of going mainstream.

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

having retarded affiliates
    wu-latino
    ODB having his own cologne
    iron flag
    8 diagrams
    digi snax
    gza trying to diss 50 cent...did he really expect a diss track in return? 50 cent laughed that shit off "i got classic cars younger than you, nigga!!"
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

Quote Originally Posted by drippie k View Post
    having retarded affiliates
    wu-latino
    ODB having his own cologne
    iron flag
    8 diagrams
    digi snax
    gza trying to diss 50 cent...did he really expect a diss track in return? 50 cent laughed that shit off "i got classic cars younger than you, nigga!!"
    I was not aware he had his own cologne; I remember the Dirt McGirt clothing line though; was that ever in stores?; I have never seen anybody wearing it.

-The flood of 1994
    -RZA not producing a full album for Deck. Honestly, I would trade all Wu-Tang (solo and group) albums past 2000 to hear a fully RZA produced Deck album (with 36 Chambers production and Deck delivery). Would have been amazing, would be amazing now, so why are we getting ridiculous production on Deck's albums (like the majority of Manifesto) when, at least IMO, Deck is one of the best all around MCs in the group.

Peace CT

Bowdz brings up a great point that I always felt strongly on. Deck deserved a RZA 95-96 type album. In the mold of a OBFCL or Ironman. Uncontrolled Substance was good but Deck deserved better. Deck was on fire in the 90s. Now we just get solo albums from him that are barely above average. He missed out big time. Peace

1. gravel pit. the song and the video. shame on wu for that piece of slimey shit.

2. the gremlin lookin white bitch rza feels the need to put on hooks all the time. fuck her.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Forgive my issues that have already been mentioned, but here is my list:

1 - Bobby Steeles moniker dropped, Bobby Digital adopted.

2 - Wu Latino - Ive been a Wu fan since the jump off, and I have no problem admitting I have no idea who/what Wu Latino is and plan on never finding out.

3 - Egos - Obviously with a large group of dudes wanting their time to shine and get paid, this is gonna be an issue. But sometimes issues come up where cats start acting like babies. That shit with Ghost and the Wu having the same release date a few years ago was totally ridiculous.

4 - Release dates - sometimes shit comes up and things change, understandable. But 95% of the time? And delays for months and in some situations years? If you were to say, "The release date has been pushed back because Im too busy doin drugs and fukin hoes. By the way, Im a lazy mother fuker." I would have no problem with this.

5 - Ghostdini Wizard of Poetry In Emerald City - absolute fukin garbage. About as enjoyable as sitting in an Auswitch concentration camp.

6 - The 2nd half of Digital Bullet, Birth of a Prince and Digi Snacks - For the most part, I like pretty all the first 6 or 7 tracks off these albums, but all 3 fall off, and fall off bad.

7 - I remember I was pumped when Sunz of Man finally dropped The Last Shall Be First in 98. I went to HMV to buy it and there was a big sticker on it saying "Import" with a $29.99 price tag. I proceeded to take off my pants, take it up the ass, and pay around $35 after tax.

8 - Cappadonna in the Ice Cream video doing his simulated doggystyle sex moves. Its not necessary and no one wants to see it.

9 - Marketing/web presence - I dont know who has ever been in charge of this, but whoever it is, is fuking terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    Forgive my issues that have already been mentioned, but here is my list:

1 - Bobby Steeles moniker dropped, Bobby Digital adopted.

2 - Wu Latino - Ive been a Wu fan since the jump off, and I have no problem admitting I have no idea who/what Wu Latino is and plan on never finding out.

3 - Egos - Obviously with a large group of dudes wanting their time to shine and get paid, this is gonna be an issue. But sometimes issues come up where cats start acting like babies. That shit with Ghost and the Wu having the same release date a few years ago was totally ridiculous.

4 - Release dates - sometimes shit comes up and things change, understandable. But 95% of the time? And delays for months and in some situations years? If you were to say, "The release date has been pushed back because Im too busy doin drugs and fukin hoes. By the way, Im a lazy mother fuker." I would have no problem with this.

5 - Ghostdini Wizard of Poetry In Emerald City - absolute fukin garbage. About as enjoyable as sitting in an Auswitch concentration camp.

6 - The 2nd half of Digital Bullet, Birth of a Prince and Digi Snacks - For the most part, I like pretty all the first 6 or 7 tracks off these albums, but all 3 fall off, and fall off bad.

7 - I remember I was pumped when Sunz of Man finally dropped The Last Shall Be First in 98. I went to HMV to buy it and there was a big sticker on it saying "Import" with a $29.99 price tag. I proceeded to take off my pants, take it up the ass, and pay around $35 after tax.

8 - Cappadonna in the Ice Cream video doing his simulated doggystyle sex moves. Its not necessary and no one wants to see it.

9 - Marketing/web presence - I dont know who has ever been in charge of this, but whoever it is, is fuking terrible.
    Since your copy of Last Shall Be First was an import; did it have any bonus tracks?; imports usually have bonus tracks. Tical 2000: Judgement Day being delayed for a year from November 1997 to November 1998 pissed me off.

lmfao @ Cappadonna's dance bein in a list of pretty serious and well thought out gripes hahahaha

i cant forgive the Wu for selling Masta Killa short the way RZA did...i mean Masta has always made it clear he wasn't an MC before 36 chambers and how he didnt mind taking a backseat to certain clansmen during the come up...but shit RZA couldve pushed him to get hungry for a peice of the cake...he's his own man and all but when i hear Masta's verses on "glaciers of ice", "wu-gambinos", "winter warz", "for heaven's sake", and "wu-banga 101"...i cant help but feel that Masta spit his best shit on everyone else's records and in turn squandering his potential when the rap scene was perfectly suited for him to breakthru with a classic solo lP...NSD was great but its always gonna feel like a ten year compilation of unreleased Masta tracks to me...damn shame
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

Wow here I am at 4:13 Am I read this entire thread...I must say Wu fans gotta rank as the best. Some of you have quite legitmate gripes and others are just plain ridiculous..All in all we should celebrate the seemingly endless catalog of great hip hop WTC have given us over the years and look out for more to come...I know for a fact they have the potential to drop bombs...The affiliates (some of them) still consistently put out good music ie Hell Razah, Killah Priest, Shyheim, Timbo King, La the Darkman etc. and the future looks bright as plans are bein made to consolidate all factions of the movement to collectively push the brand back to prominence. Please continue to support and watch history unfold once more! Peace

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justis Hype View Post
    Wow here I am at 4:13 Am I read this entire thread...I must say Wu fans gotta rank as the best. Some of you have quite legitmate gripes and others are just plain ridiculous..All in all we should celebrate the seemingly endless catalog of great hip hop WTC have given us over the years and look out for more to come...I know for a fact they have the potential to drop bombs...The affiliates (some of them) still consistently put out good music ie Hell Razah, Killah Priest, Shyheim, Timbo King, La the Darkman etc. and the future looks bright as plans are bein made to consolidate all factions of the movement to collectively push the brand back to prominence. Please continue to support and watch history unfold once more! Peace
    it is what it is. The Wu is human. Of course they will make mistakes.
    ^This. I can't be a fan of someone, remain on their forum and diss them at the same time. I do realize everyone makes mistakes from time to time, but no need to dwell on it and promote it as a fan.

Veteran Member

Well what can i say? i guess it has all been said.
    The only thing i might not forgive Wu for is if they fail to tour Africa and come to Ghana in particular.
    Last edited by biblebullet; 12-02-2010 at 07:47 AM.
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

i think that if there was any possible way that Deck, MK, and U-God could have gotten solo RZA-produced albums during the 36 Chambers to Forever period with out RZA working himself to death, then that should have happened. I love all 3 of those member's music, guest verses, and styles and their career growth was permanently stunted by the fact that they never got proper Wu solo releases like the others did. and on that note, Bobby Digital should have been RZA's second full album. he should have released the Cure first. if the Cure came out in 97-98, and sounded like "Tragedy", "Sunshower" and some of the Gravediggaz stuff he produced, and then dropped Bobby Digital like a year later it would have been one of the greatest 1-2 punches in hip hop history.