Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: D.I.T.C. Thread [appreciation, mp3's, disscussion, interviews, etc.]

what DITC albums do you have?
    unfortunately not many.

Stunts, Blunts and Hip Hop - Diamond D (just got for 10$ on amazon)
    The Awakening - Lord Finesse
    Word... Life - OC
    Jewelz - OC
    Smoke and Mirrors - OC (on wax)
    Lifestyles of the Poor.... - Big L
    19 90 NOW - Buck/Celph

im real far behind on the older DITC releases, and mostly i want to get a hold of the Show & AG albums and the Bumpy Knuckles albums

just got a new app for my phone, its called DITCRadio

shit is real dope, plays all old school tracks and most of what i heard is 12" material, so its not the common old school shit, whoever set it up did the knowledge with it.

only postin it here cause its called DITCRadio haha

Finally found a copy of OC Jewelz at a good price!! The DITC collection is getting pretty solid!

Quote Originally Posted by 9th Chamber View Post
    Finally found a copy of OC Jewelz at a good price!! The DITC collection is getting pretty solid!
    Nice! I just got my hands on a vinyl copy of "Word...Life" finally. DITC vinyls (except for "Runaway Slave" and "Stunts, Blunts, and Hip Hop", which are in print), are hard as hell to find. Probably because most of them didn't sell that much when they came out and nobody wants to get rid of their copies.

all i can ever find on wax is the two mention (at outrageous prices around here) and Smoke and Mirrors (which i have)

DITC albums are TOO hard to come across, and its a damn shame

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
    all i can ever find on wax is the two mention (at outrageous prices around here) and Smoke and Mirrors (which i have)

DITC albums are TOO hard to come across, and its a damn shame
    This is the store in Chicago where I get most of my records. If you're fine with reissues, you can get "Stunts, Blunts, and Hip-Hop" for $10 and "Runaway Slave" for $13 if you order from their website. I've gotten a lot of old used Wu and Killa Bee records there, and I bet they get DITC records in stock sometimes, so if you search their website every now and then you might see that they have some others in stock and you can order them. They're really legit about quality, so you can take them at your word (unlike ordering on eBay). Anyway, here are the listings for the records I mentioned:

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?...%3Bformat%3Dlp

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?...%3Bincl_cs%3D1

("Runaway Slave" is temporarily out of stock, but they usually get restocks in within a week or two).

Holy shit Dusty Groove has an original vinyl pressing of "Stunts, Blunts, and Hip-Hop" that they're selling for $150. That just goes to show you how rare those old DITC records are.

^ that's because "Stunts..." never was released on wax originally.. only a few 100 promo copies were made.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Did Domingo or Buckwild produce Dream Shatterer? Got confused when saw claaa7s blog where there is an interview with Buck where they speak about it.

Both

Buckwild did what i believe is the original version, the album version is Domingos. both are ill tracks, both borught different vibes to the track

Thanks, anyone got the original Buckwild version on mp3?

some ill DITC shit going down at the moment. i'm glad to be able to share the new Showbiz & AG single with y'all, and Show & A is still an incredible duo. Show's production is still more stripped down but at the same time I think his beats fit AG; the MC with the biggest heart and quickest head. The song is called "Suspended Animation" and is the title track from the NEW SHOWBIZ & AG album that will be released on DITC Records sometime hopefuly soon. the song is produced by Show:
    http://claaa7.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-showbiz-ag.html

another ill DITC exclusive @ The Lost Tapes is this really dope interview with Buckwild from a book called SP1200: The Official Book. this has never been published on the net before and it's an extremely interesting read where he talks mostly about his older productions like the early OC, Organized, and such; change of technology, etc. I got the rights to republish it by JNOTA who runs Redefinition Records, LLC who thought it would be a good idea if i used it for The Lost Tapes. a must read for any beathead, check it out:

http://claaa7.blogspot.com/2011/08/b...om-sp1200.html

on a side note - Buckwild did produce the original version of "Dream Shatterer" which I think had an Al Green sample in it (might've gotten that wrong) that they couldn't clear. instead Domingo remixed it and luckily so, cuz as much as I love Buck that album remix is one of the best Big Pun songs of all time. the beat is fucking vicious!!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

read those two things on ya blog recently, good shit Claaa7. that new Show and AG gonna be flames imo, just off the strength of the single

recently, i been bumpin a lot of the DITC self titled album and OC album. and i must say, OC prolly the most dangerous emcee to never get props. dude got such an ill style on the mic, its flawless and almost untouchable. Word...Life and Jewelz are def two of my favourite DITC releases ever and OC is prolly one of my top ten emcees.

shit man, its great we got crews like DITC, Wu, BCC and The Roots. they forever will be the standard to which all groups are held, and those giant standards so its no wonder we dont see many crews form up like back then.