Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: D.I.T.C. Thread [appreciation, mp3's, disscussion, interviews, etc.]

Quote Originally Posted by LONDON! View Post
    have you got these two tunes from this ditc affiliate called milano
    milano-'rep the slums'(dirty version)
    milano-'deal with the feeling'(dirty version)

and i appreciate the fact that you're going to re-up the other unreleased ditc zshare's on the first page, its much appreciated, trust

i'm definetly gonna cop there new album, for real, it's real
    good to hear man, much respect.. I was actually looking for that 12" on the net a couple days back and found a zshare file for it but it won't download for me so if it works for you can you re-upload the zip file on rapidshare for me?? ..much appreciated as well and I try to re-upload some of the front page shit soon but my connection is real slow so it might take some time.

Milano - Deal With A Feeling/Rep For The Slums 12"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

just played The Movement, cant say im feeling it too much

Finesse seems to be going with a stripped down style of production, didnt like any of his 3 tracks. the Joell Ortiz track was especially weak, since when does he use drums like that? Bow has a nice loop, but again such a generic drum pattern. a far cry from recent stuff hes done like 'We Dont Care' off AG's last solo

Drawzilla came correct on 'Mad Live' his other 2 were pretty poor. E Blaze came with a pretty generic beat for True Lies, waste of an O & A track imo

Show was cool, still producing fairly similar to what hes been doing this decade. drums hit a bit less than his prime stuff, but i still like his music. hes maintained a signature sound and sticks to it. all of the tracks he's involved in are keepers, only wish is that it was someone else over the Money Boss players joint liking that beat. Energy is some vintage O and A thats a standout

Insomnia isnt A grade Buckwild, but its pretty solid. old funk break, heard it used before but not quite like he did.

my favorite was Hard Hit, produced by the criminally underused Ahmed. great drums great loop, and another track with O and A feautured. they are pretty much the only cohesive element to the tape

6/10, ill probably cop to support but theres too many outsiders involved and overall its just not that great
    Last edited by FasterBlade; 11-10-2008 at 11:16 PM.
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    good to hear man, much respect.. I was actually looking for that 12" on the net a couple days back and found a zshare file for it but it won't download for me so if it works for you can you re-upload the zip file on rapidshare for me?? ..much appreciated as well and I try to re-upload some of the front page shit soon but my connection is real slow so it might take some time.

Milano - Deal With A Feeling/Rep For The Slums 12"

nah fam, that zshare is a old one, the old zshares don't work anymore due to problems wit the zshare website, i don't think they will ever fix the problem, only new zshares work
    "get money by all means necessary"

^^ ok for me it gets to the point where it waits 20 sec and the download button appears but after that it just re-loads the first page so i never got that message.. i need that joint "Rep For The Slums" but I'll upload 'Deal With A Feeling Now'. dope track!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

PRODIGAL SUN

props fam for the link

thats the same thing i'm getting wit the old zshares, people emailed zshare and thats the background information on why the old zshares ain't working, but the new ones are, starting from about 2 weeks ago
    "get money by all means necessary"

^^ tell me some of the links you want re-upped so I can hit you up with a couple at a time cuz my internet really is shit. peace

Ok, i listened to the album through times, and i think i got to mostly agree with Fasterblade, although i liked Finesses beat on "Time Travel", i think it starts the album well. In fact, the first three songs are bangers, especially "Expierence, with a great beat and AG ripping it. The problems start after that. Party Arty is pretty wack, and that beat from Drawzilla just isnt doing it for me. "Hard Hit" is a really dope track though, one of the best on the album, although not sure about Boss Money, but its a bangin beat.

I dont like Show's beat on energy, i dunno it sounds pretty weak, and the drums dont really hit at all. This wouldnt be a problem if there was other shit going on, but its a pretty minimilistic beat, and just doesnt work imo. The latter half of the album isnt as familiar to me, i just need to listen to it more, but i remember the Joell Ortiz track being pretty weak, and being annoyed Boss Money got a whole track to himself. Wtf

From recolecion, its ends on a bit of a high, with "insomnia" having a decent Buckwild beat, and "True Lies" seemed ok, nothing special.

I need to listen to this more, but so far ill give it
    7/10, maybe 6.5/10 if im being harsh

Too many outsiders, get rid of Boss Money and Party Arty

^^ been listening some to this album as well but haven't got my physical copy yet but it should arrive soon.. the compilation could easily have been better or at least have more tracks on it but it's pretty dope though..

"Time Travel", "Mad Live", "Experience", "Hard Hit" and "Insomnia" is pure D.I.T.C. dopeness IMO...

"True Lies" is a ill closer, the shit i've heard from this french producer Eric Blaze has been fire all the way (he also did "Magic" on Live Hard and "Put it in the Box" on Oasis). The Drawzilla joint with D-Flow, "When We Rollin" has grown from filler to a dope song for me though I don't think it fits the vibe of a D.I.T.C. album.. Joell Ortiz REALLY came correct on his song but the beat was nothing special.. "Boys is Doin' it" had a dope beat but Boss Money ain't good enough for a solo joint.

I ain't feeling "Energy" either, because of the beat which doesn't do the trick for me and the Party Arty joint is just wack - lmfao at that chorus, shit he can't write songs for shit, he can be dope on verses but this proved he ain't a songwriter. i would say 7/10 as well, "Experience" is definitely my choice cut - i really want a new Show & A album, they are as good as ever these days, (Live Hard EP, Experience, The Struggle = Masterpieces, 10/10)..

BTW I got my copy of the Ultimate Force album "I'm Not Playing" that Diamond D produced for MC Rob in 1989-1990 and GODDAMN is that a lost gem.. Diamond was an extremely skilled producer/DJ back then as well (he produced "Funky Technician" around the same time), all the beats still sound alive and not dated plus MC Rob is much better than I expected him to be. also Fat Joe's 2 apperances (remember this is in '89-'90) was really fun to hear... go cop that because in a year or two you'll probably not be able to buy it anymore.

yo Duraq, did you ever get that Buckwild album "Diggin' In The Crates"?? ..i had it ordered but apperantly it's already out of print, all the sites say the same thing or they had it removed... fuck, one really gotta be fast picking up these DITC releases lol.

Yeah, i think "Experience" is my choice cut as well. Funny how you can add new producers, new rappers, use different sounds, but the original duo still sound the best. Im gonna order my album next week when i get a bit of cash, but i need to give this a proper listen. I cant remember the Joell Ortiz track too well, or a few from the second half.

BTW I got my copy of the Ultimate Force album "I'm Not Playing" that Diamond D produced for MC Rob in 1989-1990 and GODDAMN is that a lost gem.. Diamond was an extremely skilled producer/DJ back then as well (he produced "Funky Technician" around the same time), all the beats still sound alive and not dated plus MC Rob is much better than I expected him to be. also Fat Joe's 2 apperances (remember this is in '89-'90) was really fun to hear... go cop that because in a year or two you'll probably not be able to buy it anymore.

yo Duraq, did you ever get that Buckwild album "Diggin' In The Crates"?? ..i had it ordered but apperantly it's already out of print, all the sites say the same thing or they had it removed... fuck, one really gotta be fast picking up these DITC releases lol.
    Ohya i ment to ask you about that, im gonna pick it up before christmas hopefully.

Damn, the "Diggin In The Crates" is oop already? I was gonna pick that up with "full scale" last time, but i was gonna wait and get it on ebay for cheaper than amazon, but damn, oop already? What the fuck is up with all the DITC shit, apart from a few, like Diamonds debut, most are oop. Only for Lord Finesse and Oc got rereleased last year and this year, theyd be oop too.

Veteran Member

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/audio/radio/

DITC Radio fuccas! dope so far
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

^^ props for that, gon' sleep now but i'll check it tomorrow though...

a little piece of fresh D.I.T.C. news.. this only appeals to the real diggers (with cash lol) but damn interesting though.

First off is a unreleased demo from the "Runaway Slave"/"Soul Clap" days with lots of unreleased Showbiz instrumentals and 4 official unreleased joints - one produced by Diamond D. The album is called "Broken Chains: 1990-1992" and is limited to 500 copies going for $100 + shipping. That's an expensive 2xLP right there!!!

1. Instrumental 1
    2. Diggin’ In The Crates OG Version, 1990
    3. Instrumental 2
    4. Instrumental 3
    5. To Each His Own (More Than One Way Out Of The Ghetto OG), 1991
    6. Instrumental 4
    7. Instrumental 5
    8. Hard To Kill OG Version
    9. Instrumental 6
    10. I’m Convinced (Previously unreleased, produced by Diamond D)
    11. Instrumental 7
    12. Untitled feat D. Flow & Party Arty (Bonus Cut, previously unreleased)

then we got Lord Finesse third installment in his "Rare Selections EP" series, the first 2 featured unreleaed remixes and tracks for peeps like Grand Puba, Big L and of course Finesse himself amongst others. this one features 9 tracks rather than 6 like the previous 2 and is limited to 200 copies. mail to: [email protected] for more info or ordering it. Here is the tracklist and Finese breaking down each joint:

SIDE A
    Lord Finesse – "Keep The Crowd Listening" (DJ Premier Remix)
    · This DJ Premier remix was originally done for "The Funky Technician Remix Project, but due to popular demand because it was leaked early out on the internet (not on vinyl or bootleg), we figured we would make it officially available on vinyl only on this Collector's Edition…..

Lord Finesse – "Stop Sweating The Next Man" (Unreleased Remix)
    · This remix was done for the 3rd commercial single from the Giant / Warner Brothers release "Return Of The Funkyman". This was supposed to be the next single after the "Party Over Here" / "Yes You May Remix" 12". A 3rd single was ever released from that LP, so this has stayed unreleased until now.

Lord Finesse – "Vinyl Athletes" featuring A.G. & MURO (Unreleased Original Version)
    · Due to sample clearance problems this version never saw the light of day. This was the original version and the other version that was released, is actually a 2nd version produced instead due the above sample clearance problems. Originally this appeared on my "Rare & Unreleased" Pt. 1 CD, but due to a lot of people asking, here it is on vinyl finally.

Lord Finesse - "MURO Freestyle"
    · This was a freestyle done for the MURO / Lord Finesse "King Of Diggin" mixtape that we now made available for vinyl collectors.

SIDE B
    Big L - "I Can't Understand It" (Demo Version)
    · This is another one of his rare demos that were done previous to him signing to Sony Records. This demo was produced by Show.

Lord Finesse - "Isn't He Something" (Unreleased Remix)
    · This was a jazzy remix that was done by Show during the making of "Return Of The Funkyman", but at the end of the day this remix was never used and archived until now.

Brains - "From Me 2 U"
    · This is an unreleased song for an artist called Brains that was produced by me. It was archived until now.

40 oz. - "Just One Of Those Days" (Original Version)
    · This version of "Just One Of Those Days" is the original version that was produced by me. Due to the fact that Mic Geronimo commercially used the Deniece Williams "Free" sample first, the song was eventually remixed. Both versions were eventually archived until this year.

Lord Finesse - "Outro"
    · This outro was originally done for "The Awakening" LP. But was later used in a verse for the song "Soul Plan" featuring Roy Ayers.

LISTEN TO SNIPPETS OF ALL TRACKS HERE
    Besides this Mike Smooth is dropping an EP that was recorded in 1994 together with Shorty Long (that Finesse produced a 12" for that same year) that's also limited to 200 copies and prolly expensive. It features production from Ahmed, Showbiz and Buckwild though...
    The Lord Finesse "Funky Technician" Remix Project with remixes by DJ Premier, Large Pro, Finesse, 45 King, etc. won't drop until 2010. that's to celebrate the 20 year anniversary of the classic album.
    Also AG is dropping his album "Follow Me Now" in 2009 which will feature a DVD and production from DJ Premier, Alchemist, Show, Diamond D, Lord Finesse and Buckwild!