• Mediocre

0 0%
  • Wack

1 4.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hell Razah-Ultra Sounds Of Reneissance Child Review

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Hell Razah-Ultra Sounds Of Reneissance Child Review

Hell Razah - Ultra Sounds of a Renaissance Child (2008)

01: Assylum (The Embryo)
    02: Indian Giver
    03: Burn Babylon Burn
    04: Renaissance Ages
    05: Born & Raised
    06: Pre Natal Care (Skit)
    07: Umbilical Mic Chords
    08: Kicks of Raziel
    09: Mental Orgasms
    10: Labor Pains
    11: Contractions
    12: Crack Baby Cradles
    13: Digital Dope Spoons
    14: After Birth

You know when it comes to hip hop today and not many rappers inside the “pop rap” can really bring thought provoking lyrics let alone anything mixed with religious and scripture refrence plus the historic icons and other references better than emcees related to the Wu. Now with that said when you break it down recently from the large insane roster of “Wu-Killa Bees” and “Wu-Fam” you get to most likely either Hell Razah or Killah Priest as the most active and consistent. And as the younger of the two Hell Razah has stepped to the plate hard wit his debut album “Renaissance Child” and it’s follow up “Razah’s Ladder” and now his newest album “Ultra Sounds of a Renaissance Child”. Plus even Hell Razah’s work with fellow Wu-Element, 4th Disicple and their album “Freedom of Speech” which all gives Razah’s work a strong profile and as well keep him consistent as his compatriot.

With the album starting off with a bang “Asylum (The Embryo)” and “Indian Giver” that just shows Razah’s lyrical depth and how far he’s progressed since his days apart of Sunz of Man and has carried that torch on this tracks and the rest album follow suits. Even with “Born and Raised” makes a candid display of his upbringing in Brooklyn and with hip hop and how much it means to him as a fan and as an artist. Even nowadays it’s rare that production matches the albums very tight knit lyrical theme Razah’s known for. And rarely does he show this more than on “Renaissance Ages” and on “Kicks of Raziel” where just spits fire where the various rhymes and lines speaks to the listener and the potential artist in hand that we have to take back the art form we created in the streets and reshape it because we are the upcoming generation that will soon be the powers that be. And that’s just my opinion on Razah’s lyrics and what he means.

Overall this album is very solid I was very skeptical to give it a 5 out of 5 but I will only due to the fact that there isn’t any skippable tracks and or material on this album. And even the skits are listenable because they piece the album together and give it slightly an insight on the theme of the album. This album is required listening if you’re a lyrical head like myself and if you not this is proof of what a consistent play all the way through album should sound like.

Overall Rating: 5 out 5
    Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 09-19-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Poll added.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Good Look Darts I'm A Drop Dis Review Later Gotta Let It Marenate In The Brain Real Quick

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I gotta get this shit too lol, FUCK! I'm not home so I gotta download the albums and order and send the real copies to my house....
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    I gotta get this shit too lol, FUCK! I'm not home so I gotta download the albums and order and send the real copies to my house....

yeah i'm a cop the physical copy but was itching to hear it and itunes had it so i copped it. i'm still trying to figure out who did production cuz it's tight as hell (no pun intended)

'

Id greatly appreciate it if some one uploaded this and pm'ed me a link..

Im guying this as soon as my record store gets it, and thats a fact. Hopefully its better than that Thugz Angels album I recently got..

I CANT WAIT 4 MORE DAYS, I WANNA PREVIEW THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by NBAJAM View Post
    Id greatly appreciate it if some one uploaded this and pm'ed me a link..

Im guying this as soon as my record store gets it, and thats a fact. Hopefully its better than that Thugz Angels album I recently got..

I CANT WAIT 4 MORE DAYS, I WANNA PREVIEW THIS!
    dude if you got itunes it's there for 9.99

'

I dont have an iTunes account, plus my credit card was breached recently and Im waiting on the new one in the mail

Im also planning on buying the actual cd when its in stores

I just wanna hear it now cuz im drinking 100 proof

Quote Originally Posted by NBAJAM View Post
    I dont have an iTunes account, plus my credit card was breached recently and Im waiting on the new one in the mail

Im also planning on buying the actual cd when its in stores

I just wanna hear it now cuz im drinking 100 proof
    yeah i heard cha on dat

'

well i at least found a link to the indian giver song off the album

http://www.zshare.net/download/174598779911f26f/

could someone hook me up with this?? i plan on copping the album tuesday but i can't wait help please
    "We Agreed To Send One To Swim From Lost To Found."

it's whatever niggaz, i just copped from i tunes. couldn't wait any more. so far this album is the fire i was expecting. ill shit. not much more to say right now, i'll review after a few days.

for the past week i've been spinning nothing but razah, sunz of man. gettin ready for this to drop. "look at my bones....study me"

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Razah's Ladder was my favorite joint in 2007, so im sure I wont prefer this over that, but regardless Im lookin foward to hearing it

I could jus get it off iTunes, but it drops in like 2 days and Id rather be patient than pay an unnessesary $10

it's comparable to the ladder. the lyrics are his A game. trust.

'

I just hope its a little more solid than the T.H.U.G. Angelz album production wise