7 29.17%
  • Mediocre

0 0%
  • Wack

1 4.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hell Razah-Ultra Sounds Of Reneissance Child Review

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah Sheepish your review is WAYYYYYY off and very misleading....... this shit is average.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Im still waiting on my fuckin copy

Sandbox sent me the wrong one. His first album, go figure.

Razah better not name his 4th album Steps on Razah's Ladder, or somthin like that. I dont wanna get screwed again

1. Asylum (The Embryo)
    This is the first track to Razah's fresh new album. I must say this doesn't sound fresh at all. It sounds like he's talking about the same thing from his last 3 albums. He really needs to switch up his subject matter and flow. The beat isn't all that great along with the singing either, very disappointing to here. 3/5

2.Indian Giver

This joint is better but like I said in the first track, same subject matter all around. But you know Hell Razah still delivers on it regardless. The beat on this joint is pretty good and Hell Razah does a good job with it. Definitely a step up from the First track on here. 4/5

3.Burn Babylon Burn
    I definitely feel like I've heard this before but I can't tell for sure. Anyways this is an ok joint, Hell Razah brings his lyrics to the table on here, but the beat on here is nothing too special at all. Brings down the track along with it being a short track, he needs to switch up his flow and bring something new to the table. 3.5/5

4.Renaissance Ages
    This is the best track on this whole album. It doesn't get any better than this right here, He's dropping the jewels on it and the beat is just perfect for something like this. He sounds like he has some energy on this one. This is pretty good the second and last verse he definitely comes through on the track with no problem. This definitely gives the album a nice but dark feel to it. 4.5/5

5.Born & Raised
    This one right here is too slow for me right here. Besides that I thinks it ok, he definitely has better tracks in his catalog and this one sounds like a throw away track. But i'm definitely feeling what he gots to say on here, but these lyrics are from one of his other songs, which Razah seems to do alot nowadays. 3.5/5

6.Pre-Natal Care (Skit)

This is pretty funny but true.

7.Umbilical Mic Cords
    This is one of his joints from his mixtape (Burn Babylon Burn) Without the guest on it. Sounds ok, same subject matter all over this one. The beat on here is better than most of the joints on this album which is a plus. 3.5/5

8.Kicks of Raziel
    This is another banger right here. Razah has energy on this one and the beat is good. He is definitely going in on here with energy which is missing throughout the album. If you are bored with the album around this part this should boost your spirit. But unfortunately it is short which is a letdown. 4/5

9.Mental Orgasm

THIS IS THE FIRST Hell Razah track that I must say is absolute trash. I'm not even going to speak on this. He tries to spit about females and talk about poltics in one track. 1/5

10.Labor Pains
    This had potential until the hook comes in, It's pretty ok, but it's nothing new. This whole album kind of sounds like some throw away joints. I don't want to waste time saying things about this that isn't necessary. 3.5/5

11.Contractions
    This one is ok, but like some of his other good tracks it's too short. He's not giving you enough time to vibe off this one. He spitting his street shit on here with his message. I'm feeling it, definitely better than most joints on here, but it's something missing. 3.5/5

12.Crack Baby Cradles
    This is ok. Nothing special about this at all, by this point in the album I am very dissapointed with the purchase of this album, I wasn't expecting this at all. He's not even rapping on this one for that long either, so you can hit skip. 3.5/5

13.Digital Dope Spoons
    This one right here is pretty good, this is another good spot on the album. ONCE AGAIN this is just too short for a track as good as this one an additional verse on here would not of hurt at all. 4/5

14.After Birth
    By this time your ready to cut the album off. He's not talking about anything new on this one at all. The beat itself is pretty dry, his flow has no energy to it and it's nothing interesting about it. 3.5/5

Beats - 3/5
    Lyrics - 3.5/5
    Overall - 3.5/5

This one is pretty average. I'm very dissapointed in this one. This sounds like a bunch of throw away tracks on here. Hell Razah has been talking about the same things for 3 straight albums. He needs to get more diverse on the mic. I love his style but he needs to start coming from diferent angles. This album was a letdown for me. I hope the next album has alot more effort put into it. Also I would like to add that if you feel that I'm dissing Razah in this review then my bad but these are my thoughts, I can say whatever because 1. I can and 2. I purchased all his shit. ****Overall 3.5/5****
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 11-10-2008 at 02:11 AM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

'

He needs to get back in the studio, theres no excuse to sit around and not make new material and take the rehash verse route...

Prodigy for example talks about the same stuff over and over, but always strives to put out more material. Razah should adopt that work ethic cuz hes a talented dude..

yea I was quite disapointed by this album. Razah's Ladder was my favorite album from last year, so maybe I jus got spoiled.

This really jus seems like somthin he wrote and put together in like 2 weeks. Theres just no motivation behind it at all

Dude needs to get some better production for the Heaven Razah joint, if thats really what he's doing next

Favorite track is 'Contractions' btw

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Yeah Sheepish your review is WAYYYYYY off and very misleading....... this shit is average.
    well then i guess we agree to disagree

holy shit you really gave this album a 5 out of 5...

wow...

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post

wow...
    well i felt differently even if it was supposedly throwaway darts they're still allot better than the shitty crap out their now. plus i felt this album had a more street feel than razor's ladder which felt like a more spiritual album.

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post

wow...
    Yeah I said the same thing....
    Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    well then i guess we agree to disagree
    True...

i voted banger. even though its really the opposite of a banger, just some shit you listen to alone in your room while blazing it up. Oddly enough i get the impression that Razah's lyrical skills shine more on this album than on renaissance child. maybe its because theres no guest verses, idk. anyway this is deep stuff. ive been sleeping on it last year, thinking that he just threw renaissance leftovers to finish milking the cow. this doesnt seem so likely, the LP is too conceptual for it to be only a bunch of leftovers. im especially feeling Crack Baby Cradle with the sick piano and the beat change at the end of the track. too bad its real short...
    Last edited by Mista JpKoff; 08-24-2009 at 06:26 AM.

STREET CORNER, by MANO