1 7.14%
  • AVERAGE

2 14.29%
  • WEAK (OR AS I FEEL UNLISTENABLE)

2 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Killah Priest & Chief Kamachi-beautiful Minds

SHAOLIN STUDENT

I've given this one listen so far, and it's solid as a whole. 3 or 4 of the beats really weren't up to par, and it threw me off a bit when the opening beat basically sounds like a southern club song. There's really no reason why the production couldnt be top notch when both guys could have easily contacted 7L, Godz Wrath, 4th Disciple, etc.

Still need to digest all the lyrics, but there is some sick stuff on here.

"I throw angels into hell, slap the devil as well/ Murder myself live on TV so my record will sell/"

kamouflage

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    Is it too dark for your tastes. i love the albums moody beats i think this album isn't for everybody

Dark??? "careful" is dark "assasination day' is dark "high explosives' is dark
    Those beats are just simple and boring in other terms not good at all
    Boom Bap Mafiozos " C.R.A.C.K."

http://www.myspace.com/boombapmafiozos

i just copped this. i don't understand all the hate. this album is sick. i think some of y'all got real fucked up ears. some of the beats aren't the most complex shit ever - so what. this is an ill collabo. who cares if it was recorded in 2 days, it sounds just right to me. i hope they do a part 2.

i'm on track 4 reflections. what's wrong with the beat? call me crazy or whatever you want niggaz this album is bangin. fuck the hate.
    "We Agreed To Send One To Swim From Lost To Found."

for sickness listen to track 11 "See Clearly" - priest verse is like a fukkin mescaline trip. "Greetings, Pharmaceuticals, Bombs At Funerals" ect holy shit 4 real.

"Here's A Bed 4 U 2 Die On"
    Last edited by NoSaidDate420; 09-23-2008 at 09:48 AM.
    "We Agreed To Send One To Swim From Lost To Found."

FRESH FISH

Peace. That's my song too. Sickness for reals.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSaidDate420 View Post
    for sickness listen to track 11 "See Clearly" - priest verse is like a fukkin mescaline trip. "Greetings, Pharmaceuticals, Bombs At Funerals" ect holy shit 4 real.

"Here's A Bed 4 U 2 Die On"

This is an ill album, both priest and kamachi are fire. The beats are dope, i dont get all the hate. Its a solid cd and both mcs deliver, but im more of a lyrical person so if the lyrics are tight then im good, the beats come second usually

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

This joint is dry. Priest not even top notch on here. He is 50/50. Kamachi went in. The beats are dry, I can't get through the whole album...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

i liked it. it is what it is....just 2 MC's that wanted to spit a bunch of ill verses together b/c they think they fit well together. i wouldnt even call it a concept album. i think its cool...again just 2 MC's spitting some ill verses....no real concept or point. and i wasnt disappointed in the beats like a lot of others. i got it about 5 days late, and saw a bunch of people trash the production before i heard it. i liked the beats.
    out of 12 songs, i like 7 of 'em a lot.

good stuff. not disappointed. and YES, kamachi did go in on here!!!

Philly represent!

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Shyt, this album is fire!!! Great chemistry!!! Production is really good, and Killah Priest is spittin some serious shyt almost over whole album, tho' there are 2 or 3 tracks I'm not feelin him on!!! Kamachi is nice!!! So all in all, pretty good album, and one more of these superior Wu-Releases lately!!!

If the poll is still open, I would vote prolly for BANGER!!!

P.E.A.C.E.

Lyrics are on point as usual. Chief Kamachi suprised me on a few tracks too. The beats are good, but could be better. Overall - Solid.

Top 5: All Hail, Illest (my fav), Time Out Revisited, Don't Waste Your Lungs, Scrolls

Grade: (3.5/5) B

Veteran Member

I just don't get this what is wrong with this album? Someone please tell me, i am not a technical person when it comes to music, i listen to music from a consumer's point of view and from where i am standing, the album is just fine, mos def not a classic, but mos def a banger both lyrically and beatwise
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Just not feeling it. The only track I actually listen to is All Hail, sometimes the Illest, but other than that I'm not feeling this shit. Weak effort in my personal opinion.

P.E.A.C.E.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biblebullet View Post
    I just don't get this what is wrong with this album? Someone please tell me, i am not a technical person when it comes to music, i listen to music from a consumer's point of view and from where i am standing, the album is just fine, mos def not a classic, but mos def a banger both lyrically and beatwise
    i dig it for the most part....i thought Priest came amazing on most of the tracks, gotta sit down and write up a little review of this when i get the chance

heart to heart

yo im still on btsg i just listen to a lil of this it sounds dope. but its not priest on that shit i need ck kills it thoes suprise me..but im give it some more listen did any on hear peace b still?....

Have to say, this album is better than i expected. Yeah it isnt amazing or anything but i was expecting something pretty wack.

Track 3 and 4 are dope, great beats, but the rest of the beats leave something to be desired. Idk what Sheepish is talking about, saying there 'dark' coz there not.

Lyrically Priest comes correct on some tracks, although hes lacking in a few, Chief Kamachi is reletivly similar thoroughout. Nothing amazing, but decent.

6.5 or 7/10