Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LL Cool J To Quit Rapping?

Default LL Cool J To Quit Rapping?

According to MSNBC.com, veteran rapper LL Cool J was furious after his new album was outsold by Jessica Simpson’s first-ever country album.

Nielsen Soundscan reported Jessica Simpson’s Do You Know, hitting the charts at No. 4 while selling 65,000 units.

LL Cool J’s Exit 13 landed at No.9 with 44,000 sales.

“He was so angry at one point that he was beaten by Jess that he actually threatened to quit rap," said an unnamed source close to the Def Jam record label.

It was later confirmed that LL was just “having a spur of the moment" and that “he [LL Cool J] has no plans to quit" and is focusing on celebrating his “sixth consecutive top 10 album in his nearly 25 amazing years in music."

This past Wednesday, Cool J was rather cheerful at the Hennessey Artistry Kick-off Event in L.A., as he spent his night partying with girls onstage and throwing money into the crowd.
    http://www.streethop.com/rapnews/146...t-rapping.html

dear god please say it is true

God no!

De mijne is 4x duurder!

dont nobody but females that think they gonna get the dick wanna invest any more money on LL. Nobody wanna waste the dough on sub par product. Dude is over. A legend but .... its over. Fat lady sung on that shit at least 3 albums ago and I'm being nice.

He has already quit in my book, the nigga is non-existant to me so if he were to quit u may have a couple of middle aged horny and lonely black women commiting suicide, other than them who the fuck cares? I dont listen to none of his faggot ass music and lost what little speckle of respect i had for dude when he tried to start up that bullshit beef with CANIBUS and TUPAC for basically no-reason other than the niggas status in an effort to broaden his fan base by pretending to be some sort of hard-core nigga....

Gotta disagree.

Exit 13 is a dope album.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Post up the rawest track from exit 13 then Rama , it should be on youtube if its dope enough....for real though.

What has being raw have to do with an album being good?

Here you go:

De mijne is 4x duurder!

rawness is an element that I just must hear to proclaim somebody still has the biz doing what they do. If ur heart is still there like bigger and Deffer then I'm with it. If not then....see ya.

Somewhere around the late or mid 90's I heard LL wanna spit raw on a few tracks but he should be shittin out classics by now. At least one full album that is supreme dope.

spark em like dust joints

first verse of that vid went hard and then the next 2 beat a dead horse. LL is a vet he should be teaching or inovating and he aint done that in 15 yrs IMO

He has never been the rawest rapper.

It's all good though. To each his own.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Shit was so Raw on Bigger and Deffer. It was Raw for the time like Snes was its Prime but now gets no shine. That type of shit.

I just would prefer not to see him make an ass outta himself by keeping on with making albums.

ur right though to each his own.

ll isnt relevant in rap today.... he was never hard core he was the first nelly type rapper to drop thats about it.

peace

I stopped paying attention and listening to LL after Mr Smith in 1995, his latest album is garbage and he is done.

-

LOL@Marwan's comments about LL hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Rama is the only one on here who's on LL's dick. Nobody else cares about him. His time is over. He ought to have enough money to live on for the rest of his life. My brother's friend told me yesterday that when LL was younger, he was addicted to sex and he paid a lot of women for sex hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I wonder why he would do that when he could get any woman he wanted. My brother's friend also said that LL almost got a divorce because of his addiction and he was having money problems.